Current Issues Facing World Cricket

cow-corner

G'day guys,
I'm doing an oral presentation for school and have chosen a current issue facing world cricket as my topic, and I'm struggling to find one that I can really put my finger on.
So far I have the DRS as an issue but that's all I can think of at the moment.

If anyone has any idea about another issue I could possibly find 5 minutes worth of stuff to talk about on it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, cow-corner

Match fixing would be another topic with the Pakistan players spending time in gaol for their offences in the last two years. It's probably one of the bigger topics in cricket in general as it spans over quite a few decades. Recent events,

- Pakistan "no-ball" saga
- Umpires investigated for match fixing in recent 2012 World T20
- Hansie Cronje
- Indian bookmakers trying to get match info off Australian players about 10-15 years ago.

Turning a blind eye to spin bowlers, particularly from the sub-continent, blatantly throwing the ball.

Empty stadiums? The decreasing numbers of people watching test cricket?
G'day guys,
I'm doing an oral presentation for school and have chosen a current issue facing world cricket as my topic, and I'm struggling to find one that I can really put my finger on.
So far I have the DRS as an issue but that's all I can think of at the moment.

If anyone has any idea about another issue I could possibly find 5 minutes worth of stuff to talk about on it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, cow-corner

Back