Cut shot problem :(

Unspinable

Cut shot problem :(

Lately I have been having quite a difficult time playing the cut shot. The bowlers I have been facing have been bowling balls that are quite easy to cut, and while generally I am a good #5 batter, I just can't seem to even get bat on ball.

The surface we have been training on (where I am having problems) is on a tennis court (no local nets :() so does this have anything to do with it because it seems to be sliding off it and going very fast.

The first game is in a couple of days so I am eager to get this problem fixed.

Thanks,
Unspinable

Re: Cut shot problem :(

Maybe it is just the tennis courts that is causing the problem. If you find it isn't then maybe just avoid using the cut shot until you can get it back. It's a risky shot if you can't get it properly.

Do wet cricket balls skid alot as well?
I was having trouble the other day but the ball was wet, so would that affect it as well?

Surface may have an effect, especially [f the ball is coming on quicker than you think.

To build some confidence, try having some throw downs from about 15/18 yards away. Get the thrower to throw a little short, so you have room to cut. Also, get them to watch your technique, just in case there is a flaw or room for improvment.

If you post a video then we can help with this.

Thanks guys.
It seems that I step back to play the shot, but then the ball has skidded past before I can hit it.
I'm going to work on it a bit more, and hope I can find it again.

batted today, was highest run scorer, scored a four from a cut shot, but the pitch was skidding alot, so i can't really judge.

Unspinable;324115 said:
batted today, was highest run scorer, scored a four from a cut shot, but the pitch was skidding alot, so i can't really judge.

An improvement though, right? Well done.

Back