D.K Blog

D.K

D.K Blog

Well guys thought I might do a blog, bit of an update on how my cricket down in the Mornington Peninsula in Melbourne is going.

Well great day for cricket yesterday (well I would say a better day for golf :D) First game of the year playing in a funny little town called Main Ridge against the Cougars (I thought the Cougars lived in Mountains?? :confused:)

We win the toss, choose to have a bat on a rather small ground. We thought it would be an easy day, well how wrong we were. With myself not really thinking of playing cricket till last week, I have had 2 net sessions so a little rusty and the capt puts me in at 8. I arrive atthe crease at 6/80 and watch the next two overs were we lose another 3 wickets.

Get the call that I can have a proper dip and so start swinging pretty solidly. Hit a few fours, get under the skin of the opposition and was feeling good. Then get bowled a rank full toss and well I should of hit it back to Melbourne instead of down deep-mids throat. All out for 116 i get 20.

Bowling and what a funny thing happened. Our english overseas feller had been bowling terribly since he arrived and was lucky to get the new ball. But he turned it on and had the batsman confused. We sent down 30 overs at them and at stumps they are 8/70 with no recognised batsman to come. Going to be an interesting week next week, btu I feel we should get over the line

Re: D.K Blog

What is the format of the game over there - it sounds like a 2-day game over two weekends? Is there a limitation on overs or anything, or is it only a declaration game?

Nice job on the 20, the number 11 must have done a good job hanging around if the wickets were falling quickly before that? Or did you take all the strike?

edladd;270363 said:
What is the format of the game over there - it sounds like a 2-day game over two weekends? Is there a limitation on overs or anything, or is it only a declaration game??

My league is all 2-day cricket, 75 overs in a day and the captains can call the game off at anytime once a result has been reached. It used to be have to play till 5pm but not anymore. You can declare before your 75 overs but the opposition will recieve your extra overs as bonus.

edladd;270363 said:
Nice job on the 20, the number 11 must have done a good job hanging around if the wickets were falling quickly before that? Or did you take all the strike?

Nah not really, I hit 15 off an over and was out the next over didnt really hang around all that much

So two games down and we are 2-0 which is a quality start to the season.

In the past our year has started off slowly but that is usually due to the shocking, disgusting weather from the end of Winter. But this year I have played on 4 saturday's in 28, 32, 30, 34 degree heat so not bad for melbourne weather.

First game ended up us getting the last 2 wickets inside 7 overs and we had a bit of a hit. I was batting number 4, but only faced 6 balls before the Captains called it off which was disappointing.

Start of the second game and I was moved up to number 6 with the role of batting at number 4 if we lost two wickets in the first 20 overs. Basicly had to sit there, watch the openers hit 97 with my pads on and uncomfortable as heck with the heat. Finnally walked out to the crease with us 4/150 in a good position and well on top. Managed to hit some boundaries, couple of 6's on my way to 36 off 41 balls and put on 75 in under a run a ball with the number of 5. We lost 6/13 after I was out which is shocking but scoring 268 on my ground isn't heard off (large and long grass)

Next day rocked up with the daddy of all hangovers after a 10 stop pub crawl to celebrate the end of where I am living. 200 people, 130 girls just trollied was such a good night and with 3 hours sleep it was going to be a painful day. Basicly the opposition came out and blocked and blocked and blocked and looked better suited to playing 3rd eleven then the firsts. We roll them for 110, bowling 53 overs before tea (which is 2 and a half hours of playing time). Very solid, nice and easy and ready for the rest of the year.

On a sadder note my knee seems to of gone again and not sure if my season will be continuing.

D.K;275620 said:
So two games down and we are 2-0 which is a quality start to the season.

In the past our year has started off slowly but that is usually due to the shocking, disgusting weather from the end of Winter. But this year I have played on 4 saturday's in 28, 32, 30, 34 degree heat so not bad for melbourne weather.

First game ended up us getting the last 2 wickets inside 7 overs and we had a bit of a hit. I was batting number 4, but only faced 6 balls before the Captains called it off which was disappointing.

Start of the second game and I was moved up to number 6 with the role of batting at number 4 if we lost two wickets in the first 20 overs. Basicly had to sit there, watch the openers hit 97 with my pads on and uncomfortable as heck with the heat. Finnally walked out to the crease with us 4/150 in a good position and well on top. Managed to hit some boundaries, couple of 6's on my way to 36 off 41 balls and put on 75 in under a run a ball with the number of 5. We lost 6/13 after I was out which is shocking but scoring 268 on my ground isn't heard off (large and long grass)

Next day rocked up with the daddy of all hangovers after a 10 stop pub crawl to celebrate the end of where I am living. 200 people, 130 girls just trollied was such a good night and with 3 hours sleep it was going to be a painful day. Basicly the opposition came out and blocked and blocked and blocked and looked better suited to playing 3rd eleven then the firsts. We roll them for 110, bowling 53 overs before tea (which is 2 and a half hours of playing time). Very solid, nice and easy and ready for the rest of the year.

On a sadder note my knee seems to of gone again and not sure if my season will be continuing.

Where was my invite? |@ ;)

Ahh the frustration..................

Being run out is by far the most frustrating way to go out. Is it your fault or the team mate at the other end? Of course we always would like to think it is there fault but most of the time both parties are equally to blame

Today ball was hit to cover by our captain and he said yes! Alright his call fair and square but I knew there wasn't a run there so I sent him a No straight back at him. But he continued to run at me so thinking he didn't hear me I continued on down the track only for him to turn around and head back to this crease. By this time I was 3/4 of the way down the pitch and gone.

Not happy, haven't been angry after an innings for a while but this made me pretty annoyed. Frustration and anger at the captain, but I couldn't stay upset as we posted 308 off 75 overs, Captain getting 93.

I made 13 BTW

Sounds like you need to have a one on one chat with your skipper there D.K.
You can always tell him that he has got ears for a reason and that is for listening.

Back