Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

So 2012 is almost over, may as well start the rumour mill for D&DCC 2013.

Waratah - Either have both or one of Weerasinghe, along Udara being captain/coach, the other version is that Brad Schmulian will be captain/coach and Udara will remain at Palmerston. Gardiner is moving back to Perth and Tahs have lost a couple of blokes from their committee that do all their recruiting.
Nightcliff - Will be refrain from imports and develop their junior depth, apparently Brad Hatton will be back for the A's.
Darwin - Should have a similar side to last year.
Tracy Village - Apparently all the blokes they lost last year are coming back. Very unlikely though.
PINT - May have picked up Marc Calkin between them and Darwin, Rob Kensey is back as well.
Palmerston - Looking for a new captain/coach.
Southern Districts - Nothing so far.

Committee wise, Nightcliff presidency has changed with Pearson taking over, change at Tracy Village but not sure of the bloke's name. Think everyone else is pretty much the same.

To re-iterate a few things from 2012, the 2013 season will hopefully see NT Strike withdraw from ACCC into the SACA Super League, creating a clear pathway for NT Cricketers to an elite level. Apparently a former England international is on the cards to play for the NT Strike in a mentoring role and then play for an Adelaide district club.

NTIS is now Tony Judd who was coach of the Scottish National Team.

News from Tahs is that Schmulian is bringing 3-4 Kiwi mates over for the season. Schmulian is set to be the captain and Udara to be Club Coach.

Hey I was just wondering what are the wickets like in NT ? cheers

Start of the season, wickets are slow, but still batsman friendly and then only get better. No pitch is really the same though, but they're pretty much all roads by lunch.

News from Tahs is that Schmulian is bringing 3-4 Kiwi mates over for the season. Schmulian is set to be the captain and Udara to be Club Coach.

Lot of chat about it, no one is willing to confirm anything yet, I don't think Tahs have the money for Udara, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Districts, there is also talk of Calkin going to Districts for big cash.

I heard that Calkin and Gibson are both going to Districts, also Reichstein will be the Marquee signing when the new club in Palmerston, with Alex Bleakley the captain/Coach

Lot of chat about it, no one is willing to confirm anything yet, I don't think Tahs have the money for Udara, wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Districts, there is also talk of Calkin going to Districts for big cash.

Interesting. First Pint and Darwin, now the Cros??

I heard that Calkin and Gibson are both going to Districts, also Reichstein will be the Marquee signing when the new club in Palmerston, with Alex Bleakley the captain/Coach
Hmmm seeing that Gibson has just put himself on the committee i find that hard to believe, As for Calkin i'm pretty sure he wont play out at the Crocs unless he doesn't have to train out there.

So Districts have finally bitten the bullet and putting cash up for players? Whodathunkit.
Wonder what Adrian thinks of this, heard he was making a power play for captain, coach, opener bat and ball.

Inside word - Mong for coach of TV.

are you the inside man? lets squash the disticts rumors i offered my services to Districts and TV! TV only ones who have contacted me! Calkin to TV as VC and Udara to follow as assistant

So Districts have finally bitten the bullet and putting cash up for players? Whodathunkit.
Wonder what Adrian thinks of this, heard he was making a power play for captain, coach, opener bat and ball.

We do not and will not buy players! everyone is welcome at Districts but no point in chasing locals who are after cash! thats how we lost bell witch sucked big time but once your in the red black and white you will be looked after! your right with one thing OPENING BAT! BOOOOOM!

I heard Bleakley wants to play for the Eagles, said that he liked the way the Darwin blokes went about their cricket, won't be until 2014 though as he is playing in England this season. Apparently Calkin will get a package worth around 25k from Districts which will turn into 30k+ if he get a couple of players to come with him.

Didn't think TV would give Piercy another guernsey.

I heard Bleakley wants to play for the Eagles, said that he liked the way the Darwin blokes went about their cricket, won't be until 2014 though as he is playing in England this season. Apparently Calkin will get a package worth around 25k from Districts which will turn into 30k+ if he get a couple of players to come with him.

Didn't think TV would give Piercy another guernsey.

Yeah 25k drive to Freds Ass, 30k if he picks his mates up.
Starting to worry about your fascination with Piercy.

Washed Up Never Was said:

Inside word - Mong for coach of TV.​

Heard rumours that Flynny has had talks with Southern Districts also.

wheres my cash offers! ill do it for just the love! would love to play against flynn if he was a districts out at the pass he would struggle out there big time

Back