David Warners Swich Hit

After seeing Dave Warners switch hit on wednesday i dont think it should be allowed. Firstly it is unfair for the fielders/bowler as once he changes his stance the field is all wrong for the team which means slip becomes leg slip and so on. In the laws of cricket once the bowler runs in to bowl the fielding team can not change there field. And bowlers cant pull out of the deliervey when they see the switch hit. Also do we want players to use this in Test matches because at the moment they can Secondaly I know people say that only david warner can do it but in 5 years time every T 20 batsman will be able to use the switch hit. Also if it keeps going on juniors will be started to learn this new shot. Which means that alot of juniors will use this in junior cricket which will be unfair and not right. I have nothing against the reverse sweep. I just think that changing your batting stance really isn't fair for the fielding side as when people get more confident with this shot they will be using it once an over. So the MCC should really look at either stopping this switch hit or either allowing fields to change their postion once they see the batsman try to use the switch hit just to make this exciting game of twenty twenty cricket more even.:)

Lovely to watch but hate it. Completely unfair to bowlers and fielders. Will see it outlawed soon enough in my opinion.

Hey it's T20 who gives a toss. As far as i am concerned they can have underarm and streakers it won't cheapen the game any more than T20 already does. T20 is pure entertainment, the music, dancers the whole side show, T20 is only part of the goon show so why not do it all what is the difference. The switch hit would never stick in Tests it would be your down fall and i doubt it would last in ODI's either. So if the bat cannot change sides then the bowler should not be able to bowl googlies or dussehra. Should a bowler have to nominate to the batsman what he will bowl? i think not. This is an evolution just for T20, some idiot will do it in a shield game but it won't stick in elite ranks.

Well Warner did it and he did it pretty damn well. He hit it 100 metres, not bad for the opposite hand.

In my opinion it needs to be stamped out before it catches on. Anyone remember the scoop shot Ryan Campbell did about 10 years ago? That's a T20 staple almost now.

Hardly remember Rayan Campbell, but this is the point. Do we see the scoop in test cricket, NO. So if it is T20 WOOPi it won't wreck the game it is already crap.

Hardly remember Rayan Campbell, but this is the point. Do we see the scoop in test cricket, NO. So if it is T20 WOOPi it won't wreck the game it is already crap.

I kind of agree with this. I don't think T20 is crap, I enjoy it but I don't much care what daft things are done in the matches. In fact, the more daft the better.

I kind of agree with this. I don't think T20 is crap, I enjoy it but I don't much care what daft things are done in the matches. In fact, the more daft the better.

I really just can not get into this game. I have watched a few but i find it painful. There is not much good cricket involved. The exception would be the fielding, top fields man do look good in this game. The big ding that attracts most just does not do it for me, don't get me wrong i love to watch batsmen explode but this just seems ugly in T20. The attraction of Gilly's 100 at the WACA or even Warners 180 in test cricket is so much more satisfying. For me it does not work, if i want a fast hard 2 hour game i watch rugby.

After seeing Dave Warners switch hit on wednesday i dont think it should be allowed. Firstly it is unfair for the fielders/bowler as once he changes his stance the field is all wrong for the team which means slip becomes leg slip and so on. In the laws of cricket once the bowler runs in to bowl the fielding team can not change there field. And bowlers cant pull out of the deliervey when they see the switch hit. Also do we want players to use this in Test matches because at the moment they can Secondaly I know people say that only david warner can do it but in 5 years time every T 20 batsman will be able to use the switch hit. Also if it keeps going on juniors will be started to learn this new shot. Which means that alot of juniors will use this in junior cricket which will be unfair and not right. I have nothing against the reverse sweep. I just think that changing your batting stance really isn't fair for the fielding side as when people get more confident with this shot they will be using it once an over. So the MCC should really look at either stopping this switch hit or either allowing fields to change their postion once they see the batsman try to use the switch hit just to make this exciting game of twenty twenty cricket more even.:)

Yeah I never thought of it in terms of that law that relates to the fielders not being able to move and you're right about kids copying it. Kevin Pietersen or Owen Morgan (Maybe both) have used this shot in the past and my younger son tries it in practice sessions copying them.

Back