DDCA moves & prospects

brett

DDCA moves & prospects

My name is Brett and i am the new coach at Maranatha Methodist, our season is well underway with some good numbers at training.
With lots of talent and young kids the year is set to be fun enjoyable with lots of good performances.

Re: DDCA moves & prospects

Should be a fantastic day for cricket tomorrow in our 40 an over side one day match against Lyndale.
Word is they are battling for players of quality with some departures.
Looking forward to the hit out with the new club, excited to see hoe Shane Goldfinch and Liam Toole go.
Coloured shirts and white balls tomorrow i like the concept for the one day format, it mixses it up and makes for some fun.

A good result by the boys against Lyndale on Saturday in our one day match.
Set 194 off 40 overs to win we crusied to victory without having to go the slap needing 3 an over off our last 10 overs we finished 4-196 off 36 overs.
N.Monk 64* starred Shane Goldfinch 46 Vito Marin 16 year old leg spinner 3-33 and Paul Goodchild 3-16 good win and i was happy to knock up 40 on debut for the club in a victory.

Go Lions

speculation that former Vic quick might be playing against us in Turf 2 this week for Berwick, if so i will smash him. lol

Ps i know i am the only one to post for the ddca just trying to drum interest

brett;272741 said:
speculation that former Vic quick might be playing against us in Turf 2 this week for Berwick, if so i will smash him. lol

Ps i know i am the only one to post for the ddca just trying to drum interest

Need to go to the unofficial DDCA forum at www.sscc.com.au

On Saturday we had to chase Berwicks 294 to win, a big ask but on a flat wicket possible we were 1-2 over night and that became 2-11 when i departed for 4 bowled by a inswinger.
we moved to 3-83 when former skipper Monk who had a life was bowled shouldering arms and that brought our 15yr old bat in who nudged them around when 30 mins before tea Goldfinch held out for a great 73.
At tea we were 4-144 off 43 overs, the plan was to consolidate after the break but we lost the 15yr old in the first over to the young leggie from Berwick in Tanner.
He was landing 5 and over and dropped the other one short where Hartigan would put him away onto his way to 55 before MOM Llyod with 106 week one and 5-70 this week beat him for flight and skittled him we were 6-213 and 7-213 when Marin was adjudged Lbw then came to the crease 17yr old Ravi Tiki Wickremaranatne and he set the innings alight when Veteran J.Thom and himself put on a quick fire partnership that kept it at 8 an over req.
Just when we were back in Ravi was run out with the score on 270 odd, and that brought our 14yr old Brendan Wilson to the crease and he got a single every ball he faced to give Jeff Thom the strike and when the 2nd ball of the second last over went for six it was game on.
But as always happens with 12 runs to win off 7 Jeffs mid wicket attempt for 6 was caught on the fence for 51 all out for 283 an encouraging effort.
A close loss hurts but we gained alot of confidence as our batting has been brilliant in 2 games and if we can restrict our opposition we will win alot of games.

Who is the best player in the DDCA

The fridge Roberts or Jason Quirk or does Will Carr get a run

I had the pleasure of playing golf with the Fridge Roberts last week and if his cricket ability matches his personality then he must be a Superstar, and not the worst golfer.

Did i play against you in round 1, we are yet to play hsd.
We have been unlucky this year so far, won rd 1, nearly chased down 294 made 283.
Lost a crucial toss against stbrigids stlouis that saw us 6-36 recover to 140 bowled them out for 180 with jamieson making 120.
Then we were 2-107 in the second dig, and this week we posted 291 against springy on a green top and we will probably get washed out. HMMMM cricket

I think Lyndale boys need some luck to turn it around, i don't know if one player would make a diff i mean no disrespect.
TUGGA Toole's is a great fella he bowled a treat in round 2 without luck i think he had 5 overs 5 maidens and a dropped chance at one stage, he has had some great nuts dismiss him and missed last game.
He moved from opening the bat to number 3 which might give a little more luck, he will be hine tho.

Yes some real good kids,

Liam 18. Good all rounder big inswingers
Shane 18. Good all rounder struggles to bowl with a bad back smashes the ball
Brendan 14. nice glove man plays straight will develop into a star
Kyle Hardy 14. Great talented bat 50* on debut in turf 2 last wee
Vito marin 15. Very talented leg spin bowler with good flight drift and turn bowled well to Francis from Berwick in our 20/20 game tuesday
Ravi 17. Talented all rounder with all the shots and a goo outswing bowler
Myself 25
Nathan Monk 25
Lachlan McI 25
Rick Wiggs 26
P.Goodchild 35

So very young side apart from our english import in Goodchild, alot of upside at the club just need to stick together

Back