Derrick....Minx

DasMinx76

Derrick....Minx

It saddened me to hear that Derrick was umpiring his last game of APS cricket in the Wesley v Scotch game. Settling down after 36 years of being an umpire. I just want whilst some of you out there may feel you were hard done by a decision from Derrick Fernandez but he did provide almost each and every player who played firsts with a smile on the dial and a handy hint after each game. I felt priveliged that i was able share my last game with the D man, and im sure he will be sorely missed by all.

Re: Derrick....Minx

Derek is a legend of APS cricket, great guy.
If only there were more like him, and less like others (bernie)
MGS boys have had a lot of fun with derek as he has umpired almost all of our games against touring sides and praccy games

luv ya dezzo

The game of cricket will never b the same without Derrick. An abosulte champion and will b remebered in the hearts of all.

I think Grosey gave Derrick a fitting farewell in his speech. Grosey almost reduced Dez to tears. Derrick, I was honoured to be triggered by you in my final game of APS cricket, I wouldn't have had it any other way. What a champion.

Standing at square leg or batting at the non-strikers end will never be the same again. The man is a true pioneer of schoolboy cricket.

truely enjoyed the d man not hearing the edges i hit v Melb GS................his name and attitude towards the game wont be forgotten:D:rolleyes::cool:

Derrick was a true legend and not just because he actually thinks about decisions unlike many aps umps but for his quirky ways which made him so famous. We will miss that characteristic flick 2 the square leg umpire with 2 balls remainin in the over!

Back