Diamond Valley Cricket Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas cambios

Diamond Valley Cricket Area

Hello and welcome to the new DVCA area.

As with the some of the other club competitions, it's been decided to give you a bit more space on the site, with your own forum. This now means that you have room to create separate threads instead of using just the one or two large ones.

CowCorner has offered to help run this area and I know you'll offer him a warm welcome. As with the other boards he will be supported by the rest of the admin team.

So, make the most of the space and post!

MC

Re: Diamond Valley Cricket Area

Thanks MC

OK all DVCA followers, I volunteered so we could have our own forum and create topics for general chat. I am sure you will agree this will make our little area of BigCricket much better to use.

I have been given the Mods brief and will abide by the rules, I hope everyone else can and we have some good ribbing and fun and chat about our summer love. If you are in doubt of the rules of BigCricket I can point them out to you.

I will answer all pms and will listen to all grievances and requests (except Sat from around 11am....although I am not at the crease for long these days anyway) if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

CC

CowCorner;278449 said:
Thanks MC

OK all DVCA followers, I volunteered so we could have our own forum and create topics for general chat. I am sure you will agree this will make our little area of BigCricket much better to use.

I have been given the Mods brief and will abide by the rules, I hope everyone else can and we have some good ribbing and fun and chat about our summer love. If you are in doubt of the rules of BigCricket I can point them out to you.

I will answer all pms and will listen to all grievances and requests (except Sat from around 11am....although I am not at the crease for long these days anyway) if you have any suggestions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Cheers

CC

This is a good idea, I only hope it does not turn into a Baclay V Money thing again.

I willl get the ball rolling, who is the front runner to be joining us in Money next season ?

Was every one shocked that Monty got belted by Whittlesea? and look like losing again this week. Can they come straight back up?

Thanks Wizz, I thought it was a good idea as well, but instead instead of posting here (in the welcome sticky) how about starting a new thread.....one called Who will come down and go up or somethink like that.

Hopefully it will not turn into a BS v MS crap, they each have there own threads and we can start many more now and keep in the DVCA area. As a moderator I will monitor if posts get out of hand and the BigCricket Admins monitor as well. Lets stick to fun and mainly cricket.

Cheers

CC

OK, we have been travelling along now with our own area and I reckon we are looking alright. If you have a look at some other comps that do not have thier own area they do not have the ability to fully utilise the site for what its for.

We still have some ppl with numerous logins and also some that do not understand the rules and have been infringed or even given a break, this will happen.

What I want to do is get some opinions on how its going and some thoughts on how to improve our little area of BC.

Either post here or pm me, I am interested in all options.

Cheers

CowCorner
Mod DVCA

CowCorner;295748 said:
OK, we have been travelling along now with our own area and I reckon we are looking alright. If you have a look at some other comps that do not have thier own area they do not have the ability to fully utilise the site for what its for.

We still have some ppl with numerous logins and also some that do not understand the rules and have been infringed or even given a break, this will happen.

What I want to do is get some opinions on how its going and some thoughts on how to improve our little area of BC.

Either post here or pm me, I am interested in all options.

Cheers

CowCorner
Mod DVCA

Junior players posting threads that are full of crap, look a likes, best fielder in the comp etc. They are just threads full of shit with nothing to do with the topic.

Have more to bet on, runs scored each week, but only have 6 players? Polls about the best facilities etc that kind of stuff would make it interesting

Maybe banning the 430king would also make it a better place to be?

Tongs;297734 said:
Junior players posting threads that are full of crap, look a likes, best fielder in the comp etc. They are just threads full of shit with nothing to do with the topic.

Have more to bet on, runs scored each week, but only have 6 players? Polls about the best facilities etc that kind of stuff would make it interesting

Maybe banning the 430king would also make it a better place to be?

Juniors have just as much rights here as you, I agree they go overboard with stuff at times and am working with them to improve the site.

I will be creating more betting (as I did this round) your assistance would be appreciated anytime mate.

430King is here to stay.

CowCorner;297738 said:
Juniors have just as much rights here as you, I agree they go overboard with stuff at times and am working with them to improve the site.

I will be creating more betting (as I did this round) your assistance would be appreciated anytime mate.

430King is here to stay.

They have rights, yes! Yet are they able to have their own folder, or have "Juniors" when post a thread?

I honestly thought you went over board last time with the betting, only have 5 a week, makes it worthwhile, and throw up names that aren't the number one stars of each club!

Is the 430 king only here to stay because he is too big to budge?

Tongs;297746 said:
They have rights, yes! Yet are they able to have their own folder, or have "Juniors" when post a thread?

I honestly thought you went over board last time with the betting, only have 5 a week, makes it worthwhile, and throw up names that aren't the number one stars of each club!

Is the 430 king only here to stay because he is too big to budge?

You are being petty now Dave, have a look at the people I had that you could bet on for a 5 fa (not all No1 stars from clubs), only having 5 or having 18, who cares, you picked the right one you got paid, if you picked all 4 people you would have got paid 4 times...

If you have suggestions keep em coming mate I will shake it up and take your advice though.

CowCorner;297774 said:
You are being petty now Dave, have a look at the people I had that you could bet on for a 5 fa (not all No1 stars from clubs), only having 5 or having 18, who cares, you picked the right one you got paid, if you picked all 4 people you would have got paid 4 times...

If you have suggestions keep em coming mate I will shake it up and take your advice though.

Just thought it would be interesting to bet on who makes the most runs out of 5 teams, number 6 bats for example? Something different!

With regards to juniors, what would you like? For them to have a sub forum to post in? Is there enough demand\traffic for this?

I'm happy to entertain ideas but as you guys are the ones posting here I need your help to work out the best compromises\solutions.

mas cambios;298141 said:
With regards to juniors, what would you like? For them to have a sub forum to post in? Is there enough demand\traffic for this?

I'm happy to entertain ideas but as you guys are the ones posting here I need your help to work out the best compromises\solutions.

The juniors are fine, as most play seniors we need to stick together.

Some of them get ahead of themselves and start threads without thought or post without thinking but we are fixing this and I reckon the DVCA area needs to remain as one.

MS, my vote, keep as is, although I would like to hard delete some threads that have had no activity for over 4 weeks?

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back