Do you think they EA or someone should make a IPL cricket game?

Re: Do you think they EA or someone should make a IPL cricket game?

Depending on the success of the IPL, it could definitely happen.

There's definitely a big enough market.

It would be good if they included it in the next cricket game.

Giving you a salary cap, and having set prices for the players would be good, and you could create your own team. I know I'm dreaming:)

Probably won't happen, but if it does it will be no where as detailed as the actually IPL.

Probably no salary caps etc.. Just a squad of 15. Still would be good though.

Would also be awesome if they included the 20/20 Big Bash domestic comp.

Sundries;301133 said:
Probably won't happen, but if it does it will be no where as detailed as the actually IPL.

Probably no salary caps etc.. Just a squad of 15. Still would be good though.

Would also be awesome if they included the 20/20 Big Bash domestic comp.

On the EA game i have it has the Big Bash.

Even if it was a management game where you had to do the auctions and have a salary cap and then it simulated the game much like Cricket Captain. I'd love that.

Are they actually bringing out a new cricket game? It's been around 3 year since EA Sports made one. You'd assume they have chosen not to follow up on anymore cricket games.

Jolldo87;301151 said:

Even if it was a management game where you had to do the auctions and have a salary cap and then it simulated the game much like Cricket Captain. I'd love that.

I'd prefer it if you actually played, but auctions would be awesome.

Jolldo87;301151 said:

Oh true, I haven't bothered buying any of the recent Cricket games, they're all rubbish IMO.

Yeah it'd be great even if the whole game was JUST about the IPL and managing your team/franchise etc. Even better if you got to play as well. Sounds pretty awesome in theory.

if they are gonna make one they should wait until the australian premier league(proposed 2020 league) to come out so there is more teams and more stuff to do.

EA can't make a proper cricket game so how can you expect them to make IPL. Just compare the game quality of Fifa and cricket. They do not work hard on it.

Yeah I know and its a shame, as if a cricket game was worked on properly, they could make the gameplay simply amazing

ea should give the soccer rights to konami because pro evolution is a shedload better!
and then work on cricket game.

the IPL would have to be a feature of say cricket 2010 because an IPL game alone would not have enough to do .. i spose. people would lose interest to easily.

I've never played an action cricket game that I've enjoyed. It just doesn't seem to be a sport that lends itself to being made into that kind of game (For instance, bowling on any cricket game is a tortuous affair). It's true that EA put in truly half-arsed efforts on their cricket games, most likely because it's a niche game and will not make anywhere near as much money as FIFA, NBA, Madden etc.

Here's hoping EA or Codeweavers get their act together and makes a cricket game for the Wii, which could be a lot of fun.

AFE hits the nail on the head - how do you translate cricket into a game?

Most other sports cross over fairly well but cricket, for whatever reason, never does.

It's because it is so hard to get the realism of cricket into a game.

When you play a Test Match (You can go the tonk) if you play it properly, it gets so broing as there is no life in the bowling, and you end up going the tonk which makes it Un-Test like, and gets boring after a while.

I think the bowling is a torture because when you are a pace bowler on them, the ball actually isn;t very fast, if they made your reactions have to react quicker, it might make the game more challenging.

Bowling is what needs to be overhauled in Cricket games. If any of you guys played Cricket 07 with AB's modified EXE, you'll notice that batting is almost perfect, so the batting system seems fine to me. Even BLIC did some innovation.

The bowling though, has been the same monotonous. Place the marker, select the swing, select the pace, and relax. It has to be made more innovative, how I dont' know. But atm its way to boring and I can't stand bowling in a Cricket game.

Back