Does indoor cricket help or hinder playing outdoor(regular)

Does indoor cricket help or hinder playing outdoor(regular)

I think there is a bit too much pushing of the ball into specific areas which gives the most points.
Plus there is no fear of getting out: most times you just get deducted 5 runs or so.
Bowlers cant get a full run-up for top pace bowling.

The surface plays evenly and tends to bounce quite a bit higher than most English wickets.

Re: Does indoor cricket help or hinder playing outdoor(regular)

I play in a massive tennis hall, and its not "official," indoor cricket, i play cricket indoors, so ball hits the walls without bouncing, 6 etc. and we play 8 a side.

I think, that it helps, keeps you active, i have to be active else my body will shut down, :D

What about indoor cricket but on a grass wicket?That would give more accurate bounce.Also might get some seaming.
I also dont think 16 overs each way is enough. I mean its not even 20/20. The prob is now they have adjusted the scoring to give approx 140 for the 16 overs, so if you actually played 50 overs it would seem like a test score of over 400 runs
If you had a bit more space to play you could have proper alround scoring shots like running it to third man and fine leg. You could then also have bowling from both ends. (good if its a grass wicket as that would lessen wear and tear on one particular end)

Nope we play in a tennis hall, with a middle square made of artificial stuff, i dunno what they do to it, and then we have like that tennis surface outfield, and its just like a cricket field, we play 20/20 but we also have a tourniment of indoor pro 40 ;)

I think that it might make a big difference depending on what you are playing on. Some indoor places are much like the outdoor so there may not be a big difference in the game itself.

i played indoor cricket this season.
we won the grand by 103 runs.
haha we were guns. 16 over matches and our biggest win was 285 the margin.
uh...indoor hinders playing outdoor.
me and my mates have noticed.
we play at the nets and our shots seem careless, it took me a few weeks to get used to outdoor again.
im not downing indoor, its great fun. just dont play indoor cricket during outdoor cricket season aswell.

Indoors good if your playing it trying to improve your nudging it around, but if you just try and whack the ball it might affect your outdoors cricket.

Back