Dvca Barclay Ladder Predictions

Rosanna on top, that's madness. If someone thinks they're better than Diamond Creek they've got rocks in their head. Even side, two spinners. One of whom looks like he throws it. One side of the wicket bowling attack and a slow batting attack. Best side in Money last year, but did they dominate money more than St Francis did the year before? I don't think so. I think a winning culture and a fairly mature list will see them mid table. Not better than Macleod.
Agree they won't finish on top. One spinner does look like he throws it. Would've thought one side of the wicket is where you should be bowling. Does it matter how slow your batting attack is? At the end of the day providing you bat as much as your overs out you should be around the 200 mark which is a very competitive total. Better than Macleod.

I reckon Rosanna will be better than some here are expecting. Good, experienced group - excellent bowling attack, strong in the field and even batting (although, unless Almatrah can get his act together, they do lack class) will mean they are roundabouts. Although, I've heard they've been busily trying to rectify the weakness at the top of the order...

Don't know if you are trying to wind me up or not...
Flippant remarks don't get you anywhere until proven in the highest grade.
Rosanna, whilst I respect them as a club , are yet to prove themselves against quality opposition in Barclay Shield and until they do, I'll reserve judgement.
Fair call Serg. Not trying to wind you up at all so am sorry if I gave that impression. Just an opinion more than anything.

Agree they won't finish on top. One spinner does look like he throws it. Would've thought one side of the wicket is where you should be bowling. Does it matter how slow your batting attack is? At the end of the day providing you bat as much as your overs out you should be around the 200 mark which is a very competitive total. Better than Macleod.

To clarify, I didn't mean bowling one side of the wicket is a bad thing. I mean that they are a good example of a side that bowls one side of the wicket all day. Not a lot of loose bowling. Although, not a lot that will blast out batsmen. I'm sure when John was younger he'd have been that kind of bowler to really lead the attack.

They'll do well. They'll beat the sides that don't have their sh*t together. Making finals isn't easy though. Lose four games and you're out. One thing is certain, sides coming up the last few years have competed well and sides going down have found it hard to bounce straight back up. I expect Rosanna will improve the standard of Barclay.

You've recruited 10 - 12? Are you talking about under 16s coming up into seniors? :D

Alright, come on Brutal. name names and fill us in on who you have got that is new or is coming back? Other than Cookson who you've told us about.
No Tongs, we realised a need (belatedly) to recruit for our 2's as well as 1's. We look like getting some guys to return who have had a couple of years off, most of whom would be 2's players. Also we are more than confident of adding at least 3 to our 1's and are still communicating to add more. New coach has been very pro active in this, but I'd prefer to wait until 100 percent confirmed before mentioning names.

Back