DVCA BARCLAY SHIELD 2021/22

If true, this is hilarious. Toddy did see that he was named in Heidelberg 2s but did not play. I’ve always found it funny that local cricketers who aren’t any good get upset at being dropped.

According to mycricket, the man in question has played 134 senior matches and never made a hundred. Also, only made 8 fifties. That’s one fifty every 16 matches, not even one a season! Maybe not as good as he thinks he is.
It appeared that Favrin came in. And as he always does, destroys teams.

If true, this is hilarious. Toddy did see that he was named in Heidelberg 2s but did not play. I’ve always found it funny that local cricketers who aren’t any good get upset at being dropped.

According to mycricket, the man in question has played 134 senior matches and never made a hundred. Also, only made 8 fifties. That’s one fifty every 16 matches, not even one a season! Maybe not as good as he thinks he is.
They seemed to do okay without him, knocking off NEW

Lower Eltham failing to make more than 130 in 2 hits is a bit of a concern, losing 19 poles in the process early days but I think they're in for a tough season.

Lower Eltham failing to make more than 130 in 2 hits is a bit of a concern, losing 19 poles in the process early days but I think they're in for a tough season.
The Xmas clash against Research will be telling, I think those two and Banyule are gonna be fighting to stay up. Might be good for LECC to go down, regroup a bit, pay some new imports etc.

Clearly very early in the season, but it would appear Riverside are the standout team to beat. Seriously impressive unit.
That was probably obvious pre round 1, Andy Villani played 2s as well. Macleod probably rely on too few, if Heidelberg beat Epping this week that sets them up well and Epping have a lot of work to do from 1-2. Diamo I think the other team that will be there and abouts. NEW getting lower this week is a blessing, 0-3 would've been virtually unassailable.

Heidelberg look solid early on. Is Nihill playing? Will be a great addition if he is.

Epping obviously had a shocker on the weekend. Not sure what to make of them.

I think they might survive. Research’s home ground might just be their undoing. Better batting sides will constantly make 200+ and it might be hard for their young batting line up to compete with that!

Heidelberg look solid early on. Is Nihill playing? Will be a great addition if he is.

Hasn't been named at all, I assumed that's why Rowe was there. They might be asking the question to him now. It's a big game for the pingers, if they go 1-2 and then play Diamo it could be panic stations by Xmas.

Epping I reckon will be thereabouts, think it was a bit of an outlier their result on the weekend, Bramich a very solid pick up for them.
Not sure what to make of the Yulers, no Occa it seems i think that will be a massive loss as he was such a key in their performance last season

Epping I reckon will be thereabouts, think it was a bit of an outlier their result on the weekend, Bramich a very solid pick up for them.
Not sure what to make of the Yulers, no Occa it seems i think that will be a massive loss as he was such a key in their performance last season
Never underestimate Epping!
Banyule as I said earlier on, they will struggle without Occa. He’s surely only a phone call away to save them once again

The Xmas clash against Research will be telling, I think those two and Banyule are gonna be fighting to stay up. Might be good for LECC to go down, regroup a bit, pay some new imports etc.
I’m hearing a couple of mentions about the new coach there already. More of a fitting issue than anything.

Which coach you referring to?
I had been hearing this about the Lower Eltham coach.
I was chatting to some of the parents on Friday night at the juniors game and it just came up in conversation. Not sure if it was just because of issues with juniors in senior sides etc, but they were saying he doesn’t have much time for the juniors trying to play senior level cricket.

I had been hearing this about the Lower Eltham coach.
I was chatting to some of the parents on Friday night at the juniors game and it just came up in conversation. Not sure if it was just because of issues with juniors in senior sides etc, but they were saying he doesn’t have much time for the juniors trying to play senior level cricket.
Yeah well, what a shock. Buyer beware for a guy that has been through as many clubs as him. Why would you bother

Back