DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

Bundoora;356865 said:
He means debating th most annoying bloke, don't think there's a problem talking about the better players.

I rate Fletch very highly as a bat, has the ability to control the game from ball 1 and is very attacking. He gives the ball a whack, not sure if he's
the hardest hitter though.

i would think of the blokes playing at the minute, Zerraffa hits it as hard as anyone i can think of.

As for bowlers, couldn't split Keaysy and Bakes. I got to play with Keaysy at his peak and i don't think i've seen any better. I'm sure he'll agree:D

If we're only talking about Barclay then I agree Zerafa does give it a thump, but it we're talking about the whole competition then Whale and Gutterson both hit it hard, and Bubis will be back for 2009-2010 so he would almost certainly hit it harder than anyone.

creekers08/09;356636 said:
i think clubs like epping, creek, lower eltham, plenty and mernda will all be strong again this year, and i think research to possibly finish last or second last from what ive herd, with some key players either moving or not playing?

Funny how blokes from other clubs seem to know more about opposition clubs than the people with a close assiciation. Research will have the same personel as last season, with the possibility of a couple of inclusions, whom are currently playing o/s.

Bundoora;356865 said:
He means debating th most annoying bloke, don't think there's a problem talking about the better players.

I rate Fletch very highly as a bat, has the ability to control the game from ball 1 and is very attacking. He gives the ball a whack, not sure if he's
the hardest hitter though.

i would think of the blokes playing at the minute, Zerraffa hits it as hard as anyone i can think of.

As for bowlers, couldn't split Keaysy and Bakes. I got to play with Keaysy at his peak and i don't think i've seen any better. I'm sure he'll agree:D

The Fox the best for me. Unbelievable wrist and finger control. He bolwed 130+ kms off cutters on the matting. Two short legs were always underneath you and then he would bowl the same ball but it would swing away.
Fairly sure he took 1000 A grade wickets. The fox also won 3 medals as a pure bowler.

THE MORANS;356746 said:
Think its time for an interesting exercise lads. Just wanting to know who you think the most annoying bloke playing in Barclay Shield is?

Also another thing up for debate. Is Paul Baker the best bowler to play in the DVCA and is our man Robbie Fletcher the hardest hitter of a ball in the competition?

most annoying for mine is bailey from mernda

Spot on CC, Fox by the proverbial mile,then your good self.
He was old school, 6 stubs or pots at the sat morn sippers and then down to business. He carried Mont, Plenty and LP over 2 decades. He had a terrific cricket brain(not much else) great control and most importantly PRESENCE.
A good number of his wickets were already out before they arrived at the crease, in fact they were shitting themselves!
Then afterwards it was a lazy 15-20 stubs to see out the day just to be sociable
One of the DVCA`s best and if you dont mind an ":Australian Sports Medalist"
and a good bloke to boot
Getting a bit grumpy in his old age though

THE MORANS;356746 said:
Think its time for an interesting exercise lads. Just wanting to know who you think the most annoying bloke playing in Barclay Shield is?

Also another thing up for debate. Is Paul Baker the best bowler to play in the DVCA and is our man Robbie Fletcher the hardest hitter of a ball in the competition?

Bakers record speaks for itself and the fact that at his age he is still considered the best and most dangerous bowler in the comp speaks volumes.
I reckon fletchs mate topham has him covered as the hardest hitter he has awesome striking power.

THE MORANS;356746 said:
and is our man Robbie Fletcher the hardest hitter of a ball in the competition?

I still have nightmares about him hitting me into the Epping canteen, two seasons ago, whilst he was playing 2s (and taking the piss)

A lot has been spoken about jesenek to lalor from jika, anyone know much about lancaster whose going to macleod this year?

creekers08/09;356636 said:
i think clubs like epping, creek, lower eltham, plenty and mernda will all be strong again this year, and i think research to possibly finish last or second last from what ive herd, with some key players either moving or not playing?

Funny how blokes from other clubs seem to know more about opposition clubs than the people with a close assiciation. Research will have the same personel as last season, with the possibility of a couple of inclusions, whom are currently playing o/s.

valleyboy;357604 said:
A lot has been spoken about jesenek to lalor from jika, anyone know much about lancaster whose going to macleod this year?

Gents

lets not get ahead of ourselves with these so called big name recruits from jika!

Lets be honest here they're coming from a pretty average competition in Jika , I wouldn't be expecting too much from these guys.

They're also on a hiding to nothing with the amount of $$$ they've demanded

We all saw what Arnberger served up.Ordinary to say the least!! How much was it again? 15k-20k, money well spent I say, money being the word (shield)

THE MORANS;356746 said:

most annoying for mine is bailey from mernda

Mossrocksnomore;357643 said:
Gents

lets not get ahead of ourselves with these so called big name recruits from jika!

Lets be honest here they're coming from a pretty average competition in Jika , I wouldn't be expecting too much from these guys.

We all saw what Arnberger served up.Ordinary to say the least!! How much was it again? 15k-20k, money well spent I say, money being the word (shield)

My sources tel me Arnberger didn't get that much, and yes he was ordinary, apparently playing again this year and getting no where near those numbers

THE MORANS;356746 said:

Bakers record speaks for itself and the fact that at his age he is still considered the best and most dangerous bowler in the comp speaks volumes.
I reckon fletchs mate topham has him covered as the hardest hitter he has awesome striking power.

wrongun;357650 said:
My sources tel me Arnberger didn't get that much, and yes he was ordinary, apparently playing again this year and getting no where near those numbers

Cmon wrongun I thing you have been talking to the "WRONG SAUCE".
Arnberger was on the money that Mossy mentioned and in hindsight it was a disaster for him and his club. To say he wasnt on that money is just being silly. Hopefully for the club involved he sticks around and tries to repay the club in some way by making a bucket load of runs and getting them back in Barclay Shield.I heard the other day that The Basin Cricket Club cricket club are having a cash draw day before the season as a bit of a fund raiser in a couple of weeks(tbc). Special guests are Nathan Buckely and Gary Ablett. Everyones invited just text or ring Snowy for details.Should be a great day. Flights are leaving avalon every half hour from 9.30am.

get over it;357542 said:

Shannon Malone gives the ball a bit of a whack!

valleyboy;357604 said:

Gents

brutal;357716 said:

Please! Shannon Malone is in the same catergory as Nick Curtin, flat track bullies, bashing up mediocre bowling attacks such as Eltham, Macleod and Lower Plenty. Please if you are to write something at least talk about someone decent.

Mossrocksnomore;357643 said:
Gents

wrongun;357650 said:

Cmon wrongun I thing you have been talking to the "WRONG SAUCE".
Arnberger was on the money that Mossy mentioned and in hindsight it was a disaster for him and his club. To say he wasnt on that money is just being silly. Hopefully for the club involved he sticks around and tries to repay the club in some way by making a bucket load of runs and getting them back in Barclay Shield.I heard the other day that The Basin Cricket Club cricket club are having a cash draw day before the season as a bit of a fund raiser in a couple of weeks(tbc). Special guests are Nathan Buckely and Gary Ablett. Everyones invited just text or ring Snowy for details.Should be a great day. Flights are leaving avalon every half hour from 9.30am.

get over it;357542 said:

brutal;357716 said:

Please! Shannon Malone is in the same catergory as Nick Curtin, flat track bullies, bashing up mediocre bowling attacks such as Eltham, Macleod and Lower Plenty. Please if you are to write something at least talk about someone decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back