DVCA: Barclay Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

PremiersAgain;236650 said:
Now we have our own thread so we dont have to listen to all the dribble about Money Shield.
Great work. No more wasted time searching through the shit that comes out of those blokes mouths.

THE ICEMAN;236659 said:
Great work. No more wasted time searching through the shit that comes out of those blokes mouths.

Might work out good you can all sit here and tell each other how good you all are. Should change the name of the page to ******** ******** WHERE ALL SO GO.

Demolition;236661 said:
Might work out good you can all sit here and tell each other how good you all are. Should change the name of the page to ******** ******** WHERE ALL SO GO.

You might want to translate that last post into English champ. Seems like you went to a Money Shield School!

And by the way, I'll start it off: THE ICEMAN - you are a top bloke, big pat on the back from me.

Demolition;236661 said:

This is the reason why we we started our own thread, piss off money shield ************!

So boys any changes to personal in the last few weeks at any clubs, ins or outs?

PremiersAgain;236678 said:
This is the reason why we we started our own thread, piss off money shield ************!

So boys any changes to personal in the last few weeks at any clubs, ins or outs?

Sorry to rain on this enlightening forum... seems to be going great guns :rolleyes:

Umm, what is the difference between the above question and:

PremiersAgain;236682 said:
The Barclay shield thread is so I dont have to read through 4 pages of shit about how some muppet at St. Francis is going to turn there club into a force or how some kid from Mill Park got a car.

Are they not both about the recruiting of players??? Just wondering... how come you're not interested in reading 4-pages of 'shit', yet jump on to your own incredible forum, and ask a question that is more than likely going to incite 4-pages of 'shit'???

Or is it simply a fact of:
Money = 'Shit'; whereas the mighty Barclay = 'Forum worthy material'???

bigcricket007;236685 said:
Sorry to rain on this enlightening forum... seems to be going great guns :rolleyes:

Umm, what is the difference between the above question and:

Are they not both about the recruiting of players??? Just wondering... how come you're not interested in reading 4-pages of 'shit', yet jump on to your own incredible forum, and ask a question that is more than likely going to incite 4-pages of 'shit'???

Or is it simply a fact of:
Money = 'Shit'; whereas the mighty Barclay = 'Forum worthy material'???

Mate i dont have any problem with Money Shield at all, i just dont want to read through 4 pages of crap when i want to discuss Barclay Shield stuff. Im still going to post stuff on the DVCA thread cos we have 4 other teams which dont come under Barclay Shield. I dont see the big problem.

THE ICEMAN;236676 said:
I wittnessed with my own eyes 2 seasons ago when both the Money and Barclay Shield Grand Finals were played next to each other. The game was shocking and they were the best 2 sides in Money for that season. So I have seen and have come to the conclusion that is a huge gap between the 2. So think what you like your still in the comps 2nd division yeah thats right pal 2nd division.

You seem to be under the illusion that Barclay is some elite group where only the best-of-the-best roam around. Mate, get a hold of yourself... you're not playing for Australia. Barclay ISN'T elite... it's just a clearance form away for any of us Money blokes.

Remember, it wasn't long ago that blokes like Keays and Baker were running around for Money Shield clubs. There is a lot of talent in Money Shield... trust me. As I've said before though, sometimes it just comes down to what division 'your' club happens to playing in. Some blokes (no matter how talented) aren't gunna jump ship from a Money club they have grown up at... just to be able to say 'I PLAY IN THE MIGHTY BARCLAY'!!!

PremiersAgain;236691 said:
Mate i dont have any problem with Money Shield at all, i just dont want to read through 4 pages of crap when i want to discuss Barclay Shield stuff. Im still going to post stuff on the DVCA thread cos we have 4 other teams which dont come under Barclay Shield. I dont see the big problem.

There is no problem mate... I can understand where you're coming from, because there are some dead-set oxygen thiefs who just want to stir up crap on the other page. I just don't like the whole 'Money is inferior... Barclay is superior' vibe that is going on.

What is the point of separating Barclay from the rest of the competition for the sake of a forum? What happens in the future if you get Barclay Shield oxygen thiefs jumping on to this forum and clogging it up???

bigcricket007;236693 said:
You seem to be under the illusion that Barclay is some elite group where only the best-of-the-best roam around. Mate, get a hold of yourself... you're not playing for Australia. Barclay ISN'T elite... it's just a clearance form away for any of us Money blokes.

Remember, it wasn't long ago that blokes like Keays and Baker were running around for Money Shield clubs. There is a lot of talent in Money Shield... trust me. As I've said before though, sometimes it just comes down to what division 'your' club happens to playing in. Some blokes (no matter how talented) aren't gunna jump ship from a Money club they have grown up at... just to be able to say 'I PLAY IN THE MIGHTY BARCLAY'!!!

Mate i think you have some sort of an complex about the whole Money Vs Barclay thing. I just dont really care about what is happening in a divison which my club isnt competing. Is that so hard for you to understand. If we ever got relegated then i wouldnt give a fat rats tossbag about Barclay Shield, however untill that happens my interest will remain on this board.

Every comp faces the dilemma of lower grades discussion you guys really must have mirors on top of your monitors to rate yourselves that highly go to a real comp.

any chance of us actually talking some cricket on here peeps?

hears my ladder prediction for 08/09

Plenty
Epping
Riverside
Research
Diamond Creek
Bundoora
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Lower Eltaham
Eltham
Lalor Stars
Macleod

anyone else wanna through in at ladder?

PremiersAgain;236699 said:
Mate i think you have some sort of an complex about the whole Money Vs Barclay thing. I just dont really care about what is happening in a divison which my club isnt competing. Is that so hard for you to understand. If we ever got relegated then i wouldnt give a fat rats tossbag about Barclay Shield, however untill that happens my interest will remain on this board.

Mate, I don't have a complex at all... I just think the whole separation thing is over the top. Yeah, you're within your rights to do it... and good on you for making a point. However, the point I'm trying to make (apart from the whole Money vs. Barclay bullsh*t), is why create an entirely different board for something that suits you and the rest of your grade? Has it achieved what you wanted??? I reckon it has only made things worse... you're now gunna get every man and his dog talking about how one grade is better than the other, and blah blah blah.

Anyway, I'm not gunna be an annoying prick and clog up your board. Hope all goes well... I just think it's a bit over the top, because last I checked 'Barclay Shield' was part of the 'DVCA'

My Ladder prediction 08/09

Plenty
Epping
Diamond Creek
Lower Plenty

Bundoora
Riverside
Research
Lower Eltham
Eltham
Macleod
Lalor Stars
Mernda

although i really think this year could be the closest we have seen in years, with anybody being able to beat anyone on their day.

Good luck to anyone who correctly tips it spot on. We should do a tipping comp and closest to the pin

Gladyboy;236700 said:
Every comp faces the dilemma of lower grades discussion you guys really must have mirors on top of your monitors to rate yourselves that highly go to a real comp.

Gladyboy, it seems you and BigCricket007 have not caught on to the very reason this new thread has been started.

This thread is to discuss Barclay Shield topics.

This thread was not created because Barclay is better. This thread was not created because we think Barclay is better. This thread was not created becasue we see Money Shield as inferior.

It was made so Barclay Sheild could be discussed between members of Barclay clubs as a sole topic without having to read about things that we have no interest in. Is it really that hard to get your head around this fact?

The Northern Football League forum site on Big Footy has different threads for the different divisions yet no one seems to have a problem there....maybe it's because they can accept the fact that div 1 posters want to read/post about div 1 and vice versa with div 2.

If you wish to discuss Barclay topics then by all means use this thread, we will be more than happy with that. After all, this is a Barclay Sheild thread is it not?

The only disappointing thing about this thread so far is that the first page and a half has already been filled with crap no one wants to read by posters from Money Sheild clubs such as BigCricket007 and yourself.

bat11dontbowl;236701 said:
any chance of us actually talking some cricket on here peeps?

hears my ladder prediction for 08/09

Plenty
Epping
Riverside
Research
Diamond Creek
Bundoora
Lower Plenty
Mernda
Lower Eltaham
Eltham
Lalor Stars
Macleod

anyone else wanna through in at ladder?

ill have a dip

LOWER PLENTY
EPPING
RIVERSIDE
DIAMOND CREEK

RESEARCH
PLENTY
BUNDOORA
MACLEOD
MERNDA
ELTHAM
LALOR STARS
LOWER ELTHAM

Sheeper;236710 said:
ill have a dip

LOWER PLENTY
EPPING
RIVERSIDE
DIAMOND CREEK

RESEARCH
PLENTY
BUNDOORA
MACLEOD
MERNDA
ELTHAM
LALOR STARS
LOWER ELTHAM

Impossible to pick my ladder before I see some results boys. Very difficult.

Anyway, this is all I could come up with........sorry!

WILL DEFINITELY MAKE FINALS
Epping

SHOULD PLAY FINALS
Riverside
Plenty
Lower Plenty
Bundoora
Diamond Creek

MIGHT MAKE FINALS
Lower Eltham
Research
Lalor Stars
Mernda

WONT PLAY FINALS
Eltham

NO IDEA
Macleod

But, as I said. This will all probably change by rounds 3-4.

As I posted in the other thread...

I spotted one Terrence Keays today, looking very sharp!

Looks like he's lost about 25 kilo, like a man at the peak of his powers.

I've said one man can't make the difference, but if Stars' bats can fire early on, and if Keays can bowl as good as he's looking, who knows..?

Mouth watering opener to the round - Baker vs. Keays, if I wasn't playing I'd love to go and watch that one, aparently Bakes is looking pretty good too.

demolition;236661 said:
might work out good you can all sit here and tell each other how good you all are. Should change the name of the page to ******** ******** where all so go.

******** ******** were all so good. :d

captain cuzz;236751 said:
As I posted in the other thread...

I spotted one Terrence Keays today, looking very sharp!

Looks like he's lost about 25 kilo, like a man at the peak of his powers.

I've said one man can't make the difference, but if Stars' bats can fire early on, and if Keays can bowl as good as he's looking, who knows..?

Mouth watering opener to the round - Baker vs. Keays, if I wasn't playing I'd love to go and watch that one, aparently Bakes is looking pretty good too.

Herd that the stars might have picked up a few players in the off season. Good recruting by the prez, one is a fair bowler who bats pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back