Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A Northern footy league type of set up would be perfect. 1&2s play the same club every round. If your clubs 1s in Money shield atm but your 2s are in D grade/at the standard of, bad luck. Only way going forward for me

It probably should have been 2 up, 2 down since they brought in the promotion/relegation tiers. You might find that would have sorted out the grades a bit faster. If you brought that in now it might take another 5-6 seasons to get to where we should be, so perhaps a complete evaluation and reshuffle could be a good thing.

It probably should have been 2 up, 2 down since they brought in the promotion/relegation tiers. You might find that would have sorted out the grades a bit faster. If you brought that in now it might take another 5-6 seasons to get to where we should be, so perhaps a complete evaluation and reshuffle could be a good thing.
With the demise of NMCA already beginning, it’s never been a better time to look a complete overhaul and shake up.

Also a good time to try and consolidate yourself in whatever comp it is you’d want to be in as it could get a lot harder to be in the top flight with potentially some good clubs entering the comp. Interesting times ahead.

With the demise of NMCA already beginning, it’s never been a better time to look a complete overhaul and shake up.

Also a good time to try and consolidate yourself in whatever comp it is you’d want to be in as it could get a lot harder to be in the top flight with potentially some good clubs entering the comp. Interesting times ahead.
What good clubs are there that would enter?

I'd take Holy Trinity and Baseballers as well, West too.
Then they'd need to rename the comp. If we're gonna have sides from Thornbury and Preston in the comp then it's not the Diamond Valley league. Either leave it alone or just make one competition of the two comps. The reality IMO is the DVCA don't need to add any more clubs to survive and thrive whereas NMCA obviously do. The DVCA is in a position to be selective of which clubs enter. If the NMCA disbands then there is no liability for the DVCA to take on all the clubs with no juniors/ minimal teams so why do it now. BP are in the region and tick all the boxes but to do West heidelberg? Are Holy Trinity realistically close enough- same with Baseballers. I know the DV extends all the way to Whittlesea but where it does leave the presumed confines of the DV area it is at least all in the one general direction- up plenty rd.

Then they'd need to rename the comp. If we're gonna have sides from Thornbury and Preston in the comp then it's not the Diamond Valley league. Either leave it alone or just make one competition of the two comps. The reality IMO is the DVCA don't need to add any more clubs to survive and thrive whereas NMCA obviously do. The DVCA is in a position to be selective of which clubs enter. If the NMCA disbands then there is no liability for the DVCA to take on all the clubs with no juniors/ minimal teams so why do it now. BP are in the region and tick all the boxes but to do West heidelberg? Are Holy Trinity realistically close enough- same with Baseballers. I know the DV extends all the way to Whittlesea but where it does leave the presumed confines of the DV area it is at least all in the one general direction- up plenty rd.
DVCA would be stupid not to accept a team like Holy Trinity.
Just looking at their page, 4 senior men’s teams. 2 veteran men’s teams, 2 women’s teams. 2 girls teams and 5 or so boys teams.
Not to mention they would probably do milo cricket or something like that.

West’s and Baseballers have women’s teams.
Very appealing

DVCA would be stupid not to accept a team like Holy Trinity.
Just looking at their page, 4 senior men’s teams. 2 veteran men’s teams, 2 women’s teams. 2 girls teams and 5 or so boys teams.
Not to mention they would probably do milo cricket or something like that.

West’s and Baseballers have women’s teams.
Very appealing
I somehow doubt you had to look at their page to know that, however I don't disagree with the strength of the club. More so the location. West 2 or 3 senior sides, no juniors.
Baseballers I again questioned the location.

I somehow doubt you had to look at their page to know that, however I don't disagree with the strength of the club. More so the location. West 2 or 3 senior sides, no juniors.
Baseballers I again questioned the location.
It is on their Facebook page. They really promote their women’s teams on their and their girls side just won a competition. Looks like it is in Eastern though.
Baseballers to West’s google maps is saying a 14 minute drive... not really too far. But their team numbers are very poor

Working on that basis, I wonder how people would react if Kinglake were to apply.

Back