Dvca - Competition Restructure

What should we do with the Competition next season and beyond?

• Leave it as is

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Go through with the proposed change (10, 10, 8)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Change to a 12, 8, 8 Team Structure

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great observation. That doesn’t address my point of having no juniors though.
I would agree that Preston and Thornbury are a bit too far for consideration even if there are a few good clubs down that way. It would be nearly an hour trip for some northern DVCA clubs to travel to. Seems a bit outrageous for local cricket.
If NMCA capitulates at some stage and the DVCA don't take the clubs on board, it could be sayonara for quite a few of them. At the end of the day, DVCA needs to do what is best for its members.

Great observation. That doesn’t address my point of having no juniors though.
Unfortunately for West they are next to one of the biggest Junior programs in the state at Banyule. Even Heidelberg struggles with juniors. This is off the strength and coordination of the Banyule's junior football with the Banyule Cricket program.

West have been a bit of a mess, but now they have two competitive senior teams and have a well run Women's team. Hard to say a rabble.

West would win Mash comfortably and their seconds would be Ok in D or E Grade. Better than some clubs in the DVCA.

Unfortunately for West they are next to one of the biggest Junior programs in the state at Banyule. Even Heidelberg struggles with juniors. This is off the strength and coordination of the Banyule's junior football with the Banyule Cricket program.

West have been a bit of a mess, but now they have two competitive senior teams and have a well run Women's team. Hard to say a rabble.

West would win Mash comfortably and their seconds would be Ok in D or E Grade. Better than some clubs in the DVCA.
Big quote saying they would win Mash comfortably........ Looking at the ladder last year in North Metro A grade Bundoora Park finished well ahead of them but it doesn't matter as they are in North Metro and BP are in DVCA so it's all guess work

Then they'd need to rename the comp. If we're gonna have sides from Thornbury and Preston in the comp then it's not the Diamond Valley league. Either leave it alone or just make one competition of the two comps. The reality IMO is the DVCA don't need to add any more clubs to survive and thrive whereas NMCA obviously do. The DVCA is in a position to be selective of which clubs enter. If the NMCA disbands then there is no liability for the DVCA to take on all the clubs with no juniors/ minimal teams so why do it now. BP are in the region and tick all the boxes but to do West heidelberg? Are Holy Trinity realistically close enough- same with Baseballers. I know the DV extends all the way to Whittlesea but where it does leave the presumed confines of the DV area it is at least all in the one general direction- up plenty rd.
Last year in the NMCA for HT. They just have to work out whether it's Eastern or DVCA. The elimination of the council boundaries means its likely DVCA. I wonder if they know it's three more teams only and then the gate is shut?

Might end up a scramble for the last three spots.

Last year in the NMCA for HT. They just have to work out whether it's Eastern or DVCA. The elimination of the council boundaries means its likely DVCA. I wonder if they know it's three more teams only and then the gate is shut?

Might end up a scramble for the last three spots.
How do you know it’s the last year?
I have heard the rumours of a max exodus from the club..
Mash bound maybe?

HT will be around longer than Rosebank will. Rosebank are on the decline.
If you're hinting that Holy Trinity are in that so called "Big 3" you are very bias my friend.
I also notice you have a keen interest in the NMCA thread.... maybe you should've stayed at your "Big3" club as opposed to switching over to the DVCA???

Enough talk about the NMCA. Great to have BP, but until next season there isnt going to be anymore joiners. Lets discuss our own backyard and let the NMCA destroy itself.

Back