DVCA Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Juniors

No Good at cricket;286297 said:
I hope both NEW and riverside have pull shots cos everything bounces at least 10 times as high :( , These pitches are recking our game every one loves.

i dont quite nderstand what u mean be this i batted on it for about 45 overs and not once did some thing i didnt expect it to.although it is hard to drive like we used to on the old pitchs.but nothing unpredictable for me anyway.

this may have something to do with the fact that it is the exact same as the one at bundooras and im used to it but the people blaming the pitch are ussualy the ones that arent making runs on the pitch.

i would also like to add an apology to thomastown unt. this week because our ground is disgusting at the moment because it has just been
'fixed up' even though it was fine before.

Mark phelan in dowling?
My thoughts are he shouldnt be in it. He is only there because he is bottom age i reckon. He scores far too slow and cant hit boundaries and score at 80 per 100.
Im not havin a dip at him ive played with him hes a great kid just in my op doesnt deserve to be there.
Has a grouse technique but whats the point if you cant score true?
Trent williams should be in it no doubt. good player, scores quick plays well against good bowling, good in the field.
Mark swap with trent a good one?
thoughts?
xxxx

bigcricket007;266222 said:
Yeah, one of my mates who is involved with the Northern Cowboys and other junior programs says Ejaaz is a freak. It's all a good advertisement for our competition... there have been a few top players coming out of our junior ranks in recent years:

- Michael Hill
- Grant Baldwin
- Nick Lynch
- Stefan Berak

Apologies if I've missed any

Nick Lynch dont think ive heard about him where is he from and who does he play for and is he any good?

rtd_13;286500 said:
Mark phelan in dowling?
My thoughts are he shouldnt be in it. He is only there because he is bottom age i reckon. He scores far too slow and cant hit boundaries and score at 80 per 100.
Im not havin a dip at him ive played with him hes a great kid just in my op doesnt deserve to be there.
Trent williams should be in it no doubt. good player, scores quick plays well against good bowling, good in the field.
thoughts?
xxxx

Yeah Trent was a bit stiff to miss out, gun player gun bloke. Also heard he isn't a bad golfer either. I keep on saying this but Dan Cocking was stiff as well.

Leg Before;286533 said:
Yeah Trent was a bit stiff to miss out, gun player gun bloke. Also heard he isn't a bad golfer either. I keep on saying this but Dan Cocking was stiff as well.

dont you mean Dan Cockhead-ing?
**insert comedy drum beat**
haha nah but seriously i've got nothing against cocking.

rtd_13;286500 said:
Mark phelan in dowling?
thoughts?
xxxx

yeah agree with you there, mark is definetly a great bat but no where near as good as trent, trent should of made it no worries are all he is a super player. another one that should of made it was larcom-cooper from monty alot better than that hand bloke his terrible, larcom-cooper is a brilliant spin bowler and a very damaging bat.

share the passion;286536 said:
yeah agree with you there, mark is definetly a great bat but no where near as good as trent, trent should of made it no worries are all he is a super player. another one that should of made it was larcom-cooper from monty alot better than that hand bloke his terrible, larcom-cooper is a brilliant spin bowler and a very damaging bat.

errm what about jordy cisek from new?
he's been just about doing the same damage as jack reid but didnt make falcons while reidy did?
whats going on there chump?

Leg Before;286533 said:

Yeah and too think that dan didn't make it past the first cut.
In my opinion he is probaly the best bowler in the comp very difficult to face and he is a very very handy bat. Should of made it.

share the passion;286536 said:

we can sit here all night and talk about the people who should of and shouldnt of made the team but its not going to change anything. obviously the selectors cant get everything right. all im saying is talking about it isnt going to change it because there is obviously alot of players that should of made it that didnt. but if the kids that did make it didnt, we would be sitting here saying how come he didnt make it....if that make sence

Lower Eltham 08/09;285411 said:
this is the u16 squad for DV this week:
DC - Trent Williams
DC - Dylan Campbell*
ME - David Chesterton*
MP - Luke Dark
MY - Michael Larcom-Cooper
NE - Jordan Cisek
PH - Rian Hayley*
PY - Shane Cullen
RV - Lindsay Brophy-Hassett
SF - Zaen Taleb
SF - Bryce Miller
TU - Joshua Sandford
WH - Mitch McAuley
Thoughts?
anyone that should or shouldn't be there?

some shocking selections there,
firsty zaen taleb should not even be allowed to bowl with his action
secondly josh sandford just there cause of his old man again
and rian hayley as a keeper??

why not riley dyson (bundoora) lee hughes (whittlesea) or mitchell taylor (eltham)

anybody agree?

HOWZAAT;286541 said:
we can sit here all night and talk about the people who should of and shouldnt of made the team but its not going to change anything. obviously the selectors cant get everything right. all im saying is talking about it isnt going to change it because there is obviously alot of players that should of made it that didnt. but if the kids that did make it didnt, we would be sitting here saying how come he didnt make it....if that make sence

yeah, i wasn't knocking any of the selectors, i was just saying that i thing dan cocking and trent williams are two gun cricketers. I know they can't change the falcons team now, i was just stating how easily they could have been picked for it.

mouth;286544 said:

why not riley dyson (bundoora) lee hughes (whittlesea) or mitchell taylor (eltham)

anybody agree?

i agree with the lee hughes comment a couple of weeks ago he made 70 in juniors then 145* in seniors on the same day. must be a good bat

Leg Before;286545 said:
yeah, i wasn't knocking any of the selectors, i was just saying that i thing dan cocking and trent williams are two gun cricketers. I know they can't change the falcons team now, i was just stating how easily they could have been picked for it.

good post magues

mouth;286544 said:

anybody agree?

yeah definitely though dyson should of made it, a good performance of 91 against a no slouch Riverside bowling attack is a fair effort.

HOWZAAT;286541 said:

who gives a shit mate, this is what the forum is for to talk about cricket.
if you dont want too be apart of the conversation about the falcons squad dont get involved in it then champ.

HOWZAAT;286546 said:
i agree with the lee hughes comment a couple of weeks ago he made 70 in juniors then 145* in seniors on the same day. must be a good bat

his an outstanding bat and extremly under rated,
seems the more highly rated clubs juinors get first crack at the rep sides,
leaving people from lesser clubs to go un noticed

share the passion;286551 said:
who gives a shit mate, this is what the forum is for to talk about cricket.
if you dont want too be apart of the conversation about the falcons squad dont get involved in it then champ.
Yeah exactly mate its on the table. its a forum your supposed to discuss it.
Dan cocking is a very good bowler from what ive faced.
Bowls the inswinger and outswinger to a right hander which is difficult.
He needs to pick up a yard or two then he would be a falcons shoe in.
But a handy player.
Willo is a grouse player no doubt everyone knows it. Im being biased because he is my best mate but he is still one of the best bats in 16s.
Watch him belt hberg this weekend, rank league that one!
Diamond Creek vs Plenty this weekend.
I will head down as i have no commitments to marcellin 1sts or Old paradians so if your around and know me then come say gday.
cheers lads xxx

mouth;286552 said:
his an outstanding bat and extremly under rated,
seems the more highly rated clubs juinors get first crack at the rep sides,
leaving people from lesser clubs to go un noticed

whittlewho?
mate their club is so far bloody away you need to catch a V-line to get there (not really, but you get the joke)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back