DVCA Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Juniors

it might be a kid with other nick names such as goose, hammy etc but im pretty sure its not him. if it is him he will no who im talking about

the valley of excitment;293525 said:
mate NEWCC is on the up, while plenty are on the decline, can't wait til plenty finally get their own and drop down into money.

what makes you think plenty are on the decline, look at our 16's mob every player bar one is playing seniors and the majority of them are playing C grade or above.

I must say after this season mitch johnson and joel donaldson will have to star with the ball and bat for plenty to have a chance of winning a game.

HOWZAAT;293462 said:
i was just thinking and i couldnt quite understand why juniors playing seniors could only bowl a certain amount of overs. batsmen dont have to retire on 100 in seniors like they do in juniors how come the bowlers are dis- advantaged. i just cant get my head around how kids are getting penalised even though they are younger. this makes it very hard for young gun bowlers (especially spinners) to play higher grades.

thoughts??

i believe it is to do with preventing injury in young bowlers. at some clubs where juniors may be pushed into seniors early it prevents talented juniors overbowling.
i dont agree with it though, it should be up to the club and the individuals discretion. it shits me that a batsman can play back 5 overs of my bowling because after that i have to take a spell.
spinners should have the rule changed to be able to bowl unlimited overs. whilst pace bowlers should be around 25 overs in a day or something like that.

Leg Before;293551 said:
what makes you think plenty are on the decline, look at our 16's mob every player bar one is playing seniors and the majority of them are playing C grade or above.

I must say after this season mitch johnson and joel donaldson will have to star with the ball and bat for plenty to have a chance of winning a game.

correct me if im wrong but didnt mitch walk out on his u14 side last year to play double bottom age 16's because of how woeful the side was. i think that gives a good indication of the decline of the plenty junior cricket club. senior club still looks alive and well no doubting that.

fmr_13;293553 said:
i believe it is to do with preventing injury in young bowlers. at some clubs where juniors may be pushed into seniors early it prevents talented juniors overbowling.
i dont agree with it though, it should be up to the club and the individuals discretion. it shits me that a batsman can play back 5 overs of my bowling because after that i have to take a spell.
spinners should have the rule changed to be able to bowl unlimited overs. whilst pace bowlers should be around 25 overs in a day or something like that.

yeah thats right, but then there would be a debate on what defines a spinner, so it opens up another can of worms. Spot on though. A senior bloke was telling a few of us the other week that he would bowl 15 in the morning than 25 in the afternoon in his day.

duno who the hell hammy or goose is.

but NEW players hve there heads so far up there ass its not funny..

they think they run the valley wen there club is in the money

also think they run the 16's comp when they didnt make the finals last season

?????????????

cant u NEW players just accept the fact that plenty is a beta and stronger club

emu;293537 said:
maybe i am.. maybe im not...
but i do hve respect for DIAMO coz they r talented even though some of them arnt the best people ul ever meet

i respect research talented side last season

but NEW i hve no respect 4 because they r a bunch of loud mouth no bodies who think they r the greatest club in the world

is this meant to be a joke account or what, because that is a pretty terrible contribution to the convesation.

which people at diamond creek 'arnt the best people ul ever meet' to quote you?

fmr_13;293555 said:
correct me if im wrong but didnt mitch walk out on his u14 side last year to play double bottom age 16's because of how woeful the side was. i think that gives a good indication of the decline of the plenty junior cricket club. senior club still looks alive and well no doubting that.

I have spoken to mitch and he said he is defenately playing 16's next year, him and donaldson could single handily take plenty to a premiership next year if they both play to their potential.

the valley of excitment;293556 said:
yeah thats right, but then there would be a debate on what defines a spinner, so it opens up another can of worms. Spot on though. A senior bloke was telling a few of us the other week that he would bowl 15 in the morning than 25 in the afternoon in his day.

hahaha that is a decent amount of bowling.

your right about that can of worms, maybe it is determined by length of runup. or the bowlers have to define what they will be bowling prior to the game. it would be interesting to hear the commitee to speak about the issue.

emu;293559 said:

?????????????

Isn't Goose Julian Cross lol.
And mate if you're not M.Johnson, Abba, Cocking, Smith or Smith don't run down my club, because if you aren't one of those blokes you haven't done too much this year to bring your team success.

fmr_13;293562 said:

your right about that can of worms, maybe it is determined by length of runup. or the bowlers have to define what they will be bowling prior to the game. it would be interesting to hear the commitee to speak about the issue.

yhhow rooted would he have been? lol yeah it would be a ripper DVCA JEC meeting!

fmr_13;293555 said:

mitch did played u/16s beacsue thats wer his mates were

it wud b unfair for some u/14 kid in his first year 2 bowl at mitch anyway

btw mitch made runs through out all of the season

and MACC is the star of nxt years 16s side at plenty

Leg Before;293561 said:
I have spoken to mitch and he said he is defenately playing 16's next year, him and donaldson could single handily take plenty to a premiership next year if they both play to their potential.

hmmm i dont agree one bit.
they both get retired at 100 week in week out say.

i cant see them defending totals unless they set 300. from what i can remember the bowling is very lacklustre.

id have money on diamond creek or macleod for the 16 1's next year.

fmr_13;293562 said:

cause i bowl absolute heat i reckon it is unfair that i can only bowl 5 over spells in seniors, they seriously need to have a look at this.

*this is a joke, i bowl tripe hahahahaha*

emu;293567 said:
mitch did played u/16s beacsue thats wer his mates were

it wud b unfair for some u/14 kid in his first year 2 bowl at mitch anyway

btw mitch made runs through out all of the season

and MACC is the star of nxt years 16s side at plenty

i know he made runs, and he is making runs this year. he is one of the premier bats of the competition and i wouldnt expect anything less of him. to use your sentence 'it wud b unfair for some u/14 kid in his first year 2 bowl at mitch anyway' so does that mean you think it is unfair for daniel cocking to be bowling to batsman like wayne glynn in barclay shield because of the difference in ability.
bowling and batting against cricketers of a higher ability than yourself is how you improve!

fmr_13;293568 said:
hmmm i dont agree one bit.
they both get retired at 100 week in week out say.

i cant see them defending totals unless they set 300. from what i can remember the bowling is very lacklustre.

id have money on diamond creek or macleod for the 16 1's next year.

we also have macca a very handy player and as EMU said he is going to star next year. A young up'n'comer although rare in the u14's side is james spinks.

emu;293559 said:

?????????????

mate your a dead set goose..why don't you name some of the players and instead of hiding behind the computer screen why don't you say your name and the club that you play for so we can make judgements on you and your club champ.
mate last season has come and gone aswell..stop living in the past champ and i can gaurantee you we will be in the finals this year and give your mob an all mighty thumping if you blokes even make it.
you sound like a bloke from plenty so we'll just wait and see, as for us being in money dont worry champ you will be down with us sooner than you think.

the valley of excitment;293566 said:
yhhow rooted would he have been? lol yeah it would be a ripper DVCA JEC meeting!

oh very much so , im rooted after bowling the full 16 :)

how i would love the be a fly on the wall in that meeting LOL.

Leg Before;293573 said:
we also have macca a very handy player and as EMU said he is going to star next year. A young up'n'comer although rare in the u14's side is james spinks.

is macca the kid that copped the stinky lbw decision which provoked mark johnson to ask ian sceney if he needed to go home early ?

that lbw was very very not out. i was running down to fine leg to get the ball turned around and he was out!

havnt heard about spinks ? ill ask my brother.. what does he do ?

NEWCC (L);293565 said:
Isn't Goose Julian Cross lol.
And mate if you're not M.Johnson, Abba, Cocking, Smith or Smith don't run down my club, because if you aren't one of those blokes you haven't done too much this year to bring your team success.

That is actual fair decent that u reconise good players at plenty.. unlike most NEW who think johnson,, abba and cock r

whre did goose come from?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back