DVCA Juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Juniors

Egg;319644 said:
lol how can you say that when you guys bowled down leg side all day? no batsmen hits balls down leg side straight down the ground. but i remember i hit an off drive straight past you for 4 which you didn't chase very hard...
if you want to see me play straighter you should of told your bowlers to bowl in the right spots. Also in a 50 over game when we were chasing 250 do you expect me to play the same way I would in a 2dayer.

Ordinary lid? you don't like the colour or something? because Ferg thought I kept a very cool head.

More important than technique is decision making, especially in these 50 over games. You can have the best trechnique in the world but if you don't know whicvh balls to use what to or which to leave alone then your f**ked. Decision making is mental, technique is physical I guarantee if you ask ferg he will tell you which is more important...

you wanna see my technique and playing straight come watch me on saturday arvos.

I thought you looked your teams best bat tho and I thought Darcy Campbell was your best bowler. He had some pace with that breeze behind him but this forum talks up Jack reid and a few others as quick? are they serious?

Mitch Johnson got edges everywhere he was swinging accross the line and gotbowled middle stump. didnt look very impressive. Well batted to your tall opener not sure of his name.

Why was Ferg taken off the ground though? it seemed when he went off you guys put your head down and let us get on top with no pressure.

Interesting point of view, we definetly werent at our best and the tall opener Daniel Gilbert batted a treat with Dan Cookson, they opened up brilliantly, we should have taken the game more seriously, theres no doubt we went in "over confident", definetly not the attitude to take in to any contest, as for our bowling it was a problem all tournament, early wickets, we didnt get enough of them, and to your blokes credit we couldnt do it against you either, we couldnt restrict the runs enough, and the one you smashed past me that went for four easily, no point in chasing it haha

Let's get away from the general banter now.
I was looking at the DVCA website at saw that 14 Nillumbik grounds have been closed.
Arthurs Creek Reserve, Campbell Street Reserve,
Diamond Creek East Primary, Diamond Hills Reserve,
Eltham High School, Lower Eltham Park #2 (front),
North Eltham Main Oval, North Eltham Adventure Playground,
Kangaroo Ground Oval, Marngrook Reserve,
Hurstbridge High #2, Plenty Park,
Wattle Glen War Memorial Park, St. Andrews Recreation Reserve

What are big clubs like Diamo, NEW, Plenty, Panton Hill and Lower Eltham going to do without 1's and 2's grounds.
Diamo now don't have a home ground nor do Panton Hill.
NEW doesn't and so do LE.
Does your club have some sort of backup ground?
How do other clubs feel having to play lets say DC v LE at your ground ex. South Morang?

Congratulations to Mitch Johnson (PY) who will represent Victoria and Mark Phelan (DC) who will represent the Victoria Invitational XI in the U15 Schools Championships.

Victorian First XI:
Ashton Agar (Seagulls), Patrick Ashton (Eagles), Meyrick Buchanan (Barwon), Joe Dwyer (Rivers), James Ford (Wizards), Matthew Gunther (Waves), Mitch Johnson (Falcons), Corey Ogle (Waves), Jason Pongracic (Sharks), Dylan Quirk (Rangers), Leigh Sobotniki (Spirit), Arno Swart (Rangers), Max Tomkinson (Emus).

Victorian Invitational XI:
Brad Crouch (Highlands), Matt Crouch (Highlands), Michael Di Battista (Cowboys), Tom Gilbert (Seagulls), Jordan Kelly (Wizards), Doug Morris (Cowboys), Lewis Palmer (Seagulls), Jack Paynter (Bulls), Mark Phelan (Falcons), Alex Ross (Seagulls), Tom Szabo (Eagles), Hugh Tyson (Emus), Patrick Walker (Rangers).

good to see mitch and mark in these squads
congratulations to them

mill park are absolutely flying at the moment.
to pretty comfortable wins on the trot :)
dark horse for the flag :p

Leg Before;320769 said:
Congratulations to Mitch Johnson (PY) who will represent Victoria and Mark Phelan (DC) who will represent the Victoria Invitational XI in the U15 Schools Championships.

Victorian First XI:
Ashton Agar (Seagulls), Patrick Ashton (Eagles), Meyrick Buchanan (Barwon), Joe Dwyer (Rivers), James Ford (Wizards), Matthew Gunther (Waves), Mitch Johnson (Falcons), Corey Ogle (Waves), Jason Pongracic (Sharks), Dylan Quirk (Rangers), Leigh Sobotniki (Spirit), Arno Swart (Rangers), Max Tomkinson (Emus).

Brad Crouch (Highlands), Matt Crouch (Highlands), Michael Di Battista (Cowboys), Tom Gilbert (Seagulls), Jordan Kelly (Wizards), Doug Morris (Cowboys), Lewis Palmer (Seagulls), Jack Paynter (Bulls), Mark Phelan (Falcons), Alex Ross (Seagulls), Tom Szabo (Eagles), Hugh Tyson (Emus), Patrick Walker (Rangers).

congratulations to them

awesome effort, well done to mitch and mark

whats the 'invitational XI'?

Leg Before;320769 said:

Victorian First XI:

congratulations to them

Top effort.

for all the juniors that play in the lower grades, i think you will be playing a few sunday games due to the grounds

HOWZAAT;320842 said:
for all the juniors that play in the lower grades, i think you will be playing a few sunday games due to the grounds

what do u mean by lower grades?? Im hoping it doesn't include C grade or D garde

the lion;320800 said:
awesome effort, well done to mitch and mark

whats the 'invitational XI'?

Because this years national carnival is in Victoria, the home state can enter 2 sides. One being the 1sts and the other being the 2nds for what its worth.

Well done to the two of them, well deserved.

Leg Before;320769 said:

Victorian First XI:

congratulations to them

Does anyone know which players play district cricket out of these guys and which guys are the spinners?

Wattle Glenn 2010;320740 said:
can anyone expain the rumours i hav heard that this is the last round due to poor grounds

it is all rumors at this stage as i understand it.
there has been no official decission made yet, according to unofficial sources.

fmr_13;320860 said:
Because this years national carnival is in Victoria, the home state can enter 2 sides. One being the 1sts and the other being the 2nds for what its worth.

Well done to the two of them, well deserved.

I got told it was because Northern Territory werent able to post a side so Vic added 2 sides.
This year it is in Corowa, which is in NSW

Keep Wandering;320743 said:
Let's get away from the general banter now.
I was looking at the DVCA website at saw that 14 Nillumbik grounds have been closed.
Arthurs Creek Reserve, Campbell Street Reserve,
Diamond Creek East Primary, Diamond Hills Reserve,
Eltham High School, Lower Eltham Park #2 (front),
North Eltham Main Oval, North Eltham Adventure Playground,
Kangaroo Ground Oval, Marngrook Reserve,
Hurstbridge High #2, Plenty Park,
Wattle Glen War Memorial Park, St. Andrews Recreation Reserve

What are big clubs like Diamo, NEW, Plenty, Panton Hill and Lower Eltham going to do without 1's and 2's grounds.
Diamo now don't have a home ground nor do Panton Hill.
NEW doesn't and so do LE.
Does your club have some sort of backup ground?
How do other clubs feel having to play lets say DC v LE at your ground ex. South Morang?

we put in a request 2 the council 2 play on the back oval which is being redone, right now it looks like one of the best grounds in the league

lecc;321066 said:
we put in a request 2 the council 2 play on the back oval which is being redone, right now it looks like one of the best grounds in the league

just like o pass on my condoliances to Aaron Scates and his family wat a tragedy a young kid in his prime...
miss ya aaron didn;t know much of u but from what i heard u were a great blokke
R.I.P

can hit the ball!;321215 said:
just like o pass on my condoliances to Aaron Scates and his family wat a tragedy a young kid in his prime...
miss ya aaron didn;t know much of u but from what i heard u were a great blokke
R.I.P
Agreed there,
captained St Francis if im not mistaken?
Also whenever we played against him in footy he showed a lot of talent.
A real shame.
r i p

i would love to say that this has to be one of the best years of competetive u16s cricket. when was the last time the teams were so tight at this end of the season?? look at the ladder having so many teams equal 2nd. i am so pumped for finals (hopefully were in them) but each match should be a good one.

just expressing my thoughts.

THE GOO;319376 said:
You don't actually make sense, "dont get me wrong use are not bad cricketers", and at the end you say "you blokes are no good". Mate there is nothing wrong with people expressing how good our club is or how good our players are, especially when people like you bag our club and players. We are only sticking up for our club. Bundoora is a great club filled with some stand out players. The players that you have mentioned are going to be very good cricketers in my opinion. These guys are still playing juniors and probablly still have a lot of learning ahead of them. These blokes are very good cricketers and there are stats to prove that.
I think you may be just a tad jealous!!!!!!!!!!

well said delta. i love you. and to that bloke who had a go at the bundy boys, its just a bit of fun mate. some ppl on here talk so seriously about everything and forget to talk some fun. we know that its highly likely no one will play for australia except ben russel and brodie odermatt and riley dyson and mitch taplin, the point is that its just a joke so dont take anything from it. hopefully next time we play NEW it will be a more competitive game with bundoora getting on top at the end of it.

HOWZAAT;321247 said:
i would love to say that this has to be one of the best years of competetive u16s cricket. when was the last time the teams were so tight at this end of the season?? look at the ladder having so many teams equal 2nd. i am so pumped for finals (hopefully were in them) but each match should be a good one.

just expressing my thoughts.

yeah, i will say that Bundoora, diamo and NEW will make it in, bund for 2nd, diamo for 3rd and NEW in 4th to play the dangerous plenty. bun and diamo to have another thrilling final. lets see if they can break the trend of being beaten by bundoora in the finals. hopefully they won't.

Our heart felt thoughts, and best wishes go out to the Scates family, and the entire St Francis cricket club, during what must be an exceptionally hard time...
From all at the Yarrambat Cricket Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back