DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Just wondering if any of the teams are at full strength yet? We've played 2 1 dayers which can easily go either way. Can we take anything out of the ladder at this stage as we have played half a game of real cricket? Bund Utd for example?

Dubious decision;371947 said:
Just wondering if any of the teams are at full strength yet? We've played 2 1 dayers which can easily go either way. Can we take anything out of the ladder at this stage as we have played half a game of real cricket? Bund Utd for example?

All you have to do is look at the Bundoora United game, they got smashed. So what does that say about Mill Park? Good win by Mill Park and good to see Thomo get up as well.

The stand out so far is Greensborough there gunna take alot to beat. Camrea still can't crack there 1st win and cant see it happening this week.

Also good to see Macleod doing well and sitting on top of the ladder in Barclay.

Muppet;371145 said:
Ok. hopefully you are right and the move has made it a "happy club" just from speaking to some of the blokes who have left from their higher grades find this hard to believe though, most of them that i have spoken to seem to have left because it's such an "unhappy" club down there, the word i get is that there will be a few more departures down there if they aren't up to a grade next year, from the outside looking in would say there's a bit of pressure on the old tiapans at the moment.

If you are referring to 'blokes' you have spoken to from a higher grade, I assume you are referring to Alex Jesensek and Cory Altis, as they are the only two from last years A Grade side that have departed the club. If either of them having been saying that it was an unhappy club, that would be very disppointing indeed. The reason that it is such a happy club at the moment is because certain members who were making it an unhappy club last year have moved on.

Pretty important to always hear both sides of the story, don't you think?

The Ref;372447 said:
If you are referring to 'blokes' you have spoken to from a higher grade, I assume you are referring to Alex Jesensek and Cory Altis, as they are the only two from last years A Grade side that have departed the club. If either of them having been saying that it was an unhappy club, that would be very disppointing indeed. The reason that it is such a happy club at the moment is because certain members who were making it an unhappy club last year have moved on.

Prett important to always hear both sides of the story, don't you think?

I can assure you that Alex has only positive comments regarding Camrea Cricket Club.

The Ref;372447 said:

we played the boys last weekend, the oldest side that i have ever played against, i would say they had 2 blokes between 38 to 40 and another 3 blokes 42+, all quality players. our seconds got rolled but from the feedback i got not many young players in that team that could step in the shoes of Bubis, pougis, fellowes etc. interesting times ahead for the taipans if they dropped the next two they are nearly out of the race.
nice blokes, and we had a great game. All the best to John and the boys.

The Ref;372447 said:

Your assumption is incorrect and by higher grades i'm not reffering exclusively to "A grade" although i'm fairly sure more players who have been in the "ones" at Camrea left than just those two.
I do believe it's important to hear both sides of story i think you'll find that's why i asked my original question about how things are going down there.
The only reason i'm interested is i had thought the taipans and Greensy (the new inclusions) would be very keen to get straight up to the top flight and whilst Greensborough seem to be doing very well Camrea's results so far haven't been great.

one shot;372544 said:
we played the boys last weekend, the oldest side that i have ever played against, i would say they had 2 blokes between 38 to 40 and another 3 blokes 42+, all quality players. our seconds got rolled but from the feedback i got not many young players in that team that could step in the shoes of Bubis, pougis, fellowes etc. interesting times ahead for the taipans if they dropped the next two they are nearly out of the race.
nice blokes, and we had a great game. All the best to John and the boys.

Yes, you're right. The club is certainly going through a transitional period and they do have a number of older players. I guess that is always a legacy off the back of such a successful period. Your comments are refreshing and very much appreciated. One of the main reasons the club moved into the DVCA was to start fresh. Both Roseban and Camrea were no doubt suffocating in the NMCA with persistent harrassmanet and negative press. There was literally no room to grow there. The club was well aware of the difficulties of changing comps. Believe me, immediate success was furthest from their mind. I think the players just want to be able to play in a fair and competitive environment where they can oce again be challenged. And that is currently certainly the case, and although many may not belive it, they are revelling in it and eager to meet those challenges.

I also wish them every success. They are a quality club with quality guys, and girls.

Muppet;372599 said:
Your assumption is incorrect and by higher grades i'm not reffering exclusively to "A grade" although i'm fairly sure more players who have been in the "ones" at Camrea left than just those two.
I do believe it's important to hear both sides of story i think you'll find that's why i asked my original question about how things are going down there.
The only reason i'm interested is i had thought the taipans and Greensy (the new inclusions) would be very keen to get straight up to the top flight and whilst Greensborough seem to be doing very well Camrea's results so far haven't been great.

There's still a lot of cricket to be played this season...............watch this space.

And with regard to players who have played "ones" (A Grade) as you put it............being that they are neither Alex or Corey, I can assure you, the club has only done everything to develop and look after them. Any gripe they may have is limited to their nature as people..........they will always find something or someone to blame their own shortcomings on.

We however always wish them the very best and hold no animosity. I only wish they would do the same to a club that opens its doors and is like a home away from home to many of us.

Can anyone from Whittlesea confirm Captian coach Steve Goodwin has snapped his knee playing basketball. Never to play again?
That would be a real shame if that rumor is true.

The Wizz;374988 said:
Can anyone from Whittlesea confirm Captian coach Steve Goodwin has snapped his knee playing basketball. Never to play again?

not from Whittlesea but spoke to him on the weekend, full reco but will play again.

one shot;375038 said:
not from Whittlesea but spoke to him on the weekend, full reco but will play again.

I've heard he's faking it because he doesn't want to play with the rabble he's inherited and that he his none to happy with his self proclaimed gun opening bowler after only wanting to bowl 11 overs in the first innings against the Franks, due to the heat thus letting all the young blokes get smashed around the park.

Teapicker;375113 said:
I've heard he's faking it because he doesn't want to play with the rabble he's inherited and that he his none to happy with his self proclaimed gun opening bowler after only wanting to bowl 11 overs in the first innings against the Franks, due to the heat thus letting all the young blokes get smashed around the park.

Cant blame him. He'd be welcome at Bundoora at any time, can play a bit and has a big ticker from what I hear.

The Wizz;374988 said:

Knee thing is true. He is well & walking now, I don't know who fed you this 'never to play again' bullshit.

Teapicker;375113 said:

Mind sharing who you've heard this from? ;)

Put 'em up;375363 said:
Knee thing is true. He is well & walking now, I don't know who fed you this 'never to play again' bullshit.

Mind sharing who you've heard this from? ;)

Why? It was only a rumour and you just confirmed and denied it.
I heard it also some time ago.

cold case;375470 said:
Why? It was only a rumour and you just confirmed and denied it.
I heard it also some time ago.

Well if someone's going to pay Steve out, why hide behind the screen?

Put 'em up;375493 said:
Well if someone's going to pay Steve out, why hide behind the screen?

Dont know why people hide behind the screen, but they do. Most even have multiple personalities on here. Didn't like their first name attemp maybe? Dont want people to know who they are?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back