DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Bundoora;396627 said:
With the new club - research/college - playing in barclay shield, wonder if the comp will chase another team or be prepared to have a bye each week in Money Shield/Reserve?
Creates a bit of an issue when possibly 22 of your players will miss out on a game for a fortnight!!
Will these players push lower grade players out of a game for that match with the possibility of a clubs "a" grade playing in "c" or "d" for a game??

Will be interested to see how it unfolds.
Maybe 'ask' one of the struggling Money clubs - eg Whittlesea (just an example - please dont shoot me...) if they would prefer to drop to C grade until they are strong enough to compete at the higher level???

THE PREZ;396698 said:
Maybe 'ask' one of the struggling Money clubs - eg Whittlesea (just an example - please dont shoot me...) if they would prefer to drop to C grade until they are strong enough to compete at the higher level???

Maybe just get rid of one of them all together. The last thing we need is another dud team running around 'C' grade. Why dont the DVCA encourage a couple of MS teams to merge? Frangers & Mill Park, H'Bridge & Panton Hill, just a thought.

100% BULL;396699 said:
Maybe just get rid of one of them all together. The last thing we need is another dud team running around 'C' grade. Why dont the DVCA encourage a couple of MS teams to merge? Frangers & Mill Park, H'Bridge & Panton Hill, just a thought.

Bundoora & Lalor Stars. We can be called Lalor Stars!

100% BULL;396703 said:
...yes and that would mean we'd have every second Saturday off...

I dont know if you are having a dig at us or yourselves. If we add your 60 plus our 92 against Plenty we may have half a chance!:D

cold case;396708 said:
I dont know if you are having a dig at us or yourselves. If we add your 60 plus our 92 against Plenty we may have half a chance!:D

talking about your 'D' grade actually, probably should have been on another thread.

100% BULL;396711 said:
talking about your 'D' grade actually, probably should have been on another thread.

I'd have to agree with you there. Not much depth at the Stars I'm afraid.

100% BULL;396699 said:

Bundoora and Bundoora United would make a lot of sense as well.

YouKnowNothing;396808 said:
What about Camrea & Thomastown United. They are both in the Thomastown area.

Because my point is that if clubs want too merge let them initiate it and not the DVCA. I don't think Bundoora should merge with Bundoora United unless they wanted to do it but I also don't think that people from other clubs should be suggesting mergers or suggest the DVCA initiate mergers between clubs.

Snake;396816 said:
Because my point is that if clubs want too merge let them initiate it and not the DVCA. I don't think Bundoora should merge with Bundoora United unless they wanted to do it but I also don't think that people from other clubs should be suggesting mergers or suggest the DVCA initiate mergers between clubs.

I can see merging for some clubs becoming more prevelent in the future. There is a shortage of kids I believe, from Reservoir right through to Epping. The Stars this year went from 18 juniors only to in excess of 60. 80% of the new kids come from outside the area. I have always said that Morang has a goldmine. An abundance of kids including milo ensures them a bright future. It basically comes down to how they are managed. It can also become poaching haven.

cold case;396822 said:
i can see merging for some clubs becoming more prevelent in the future. There is a shortage of kids i believe, from reservoir right through to epping. The stars this year went from 18 juniors only to in excess of 60. 80% of the new kids come from outside the area. I have always said that morang has a goldmine. An abundance of kids including milo ensures them a bright future. It basically comes down to how they are managed. It can also become poaching haven.
$5 / wkt, $0.50 / run.

Too Easy;396482 said:
Leigh will not be Coach nor Captain. He will be a player only. Stay tuned for another recruit to the Wanderer in the form of a Captain/Coach.

NEWCC have signed a new Captain Coach as well on top of the recruitment of McTaggert.

Snake;397083 said:
:D:D:D

I should not laugh but we have had kids poached on the basis that they would be supplied with cricket gear.

Are you serious??? Kids being paid, or even supplied with gear is not on, that is ridiculous, kids should be left alone and not brought into this DV mentality that whoever pays me the most will have me play at their club. I know it goes on in all comps, but it does seem more prevelant in the DV that players move clubs quite regularily, based on money.

WanderingUnity;397384 said:
Are you serious??? Kids being paid, or even supplied with gear is not on, that is ridiculous, kids should be left alone and not brought into this DV mentality that whoever pays me the most will have me play at their club. I know it goes on in all comps, but it does seem more prevelant in the DV that players move clubs quite regularily, based on money.

I haven't heard of any kids being paid or otherwise. Any names or evidence?

Too Easy;396998 said:
NEWCC have signed a new Captain Coach as well on top of the recruitment of McTaggert.

up playing some terrible golf at moama on the weekend and ran into a mate who is the president of belgrave CC and he said that their captain coach is the one the wanderers are chasing, and he has told belgrave only if he doesn't get their job will he go to North Eltham, so maybe the deal isn't done.

100% BULL;396699 said:

Mill park and us??? no thanx.

one shot;397471 said:
up playing some terrible golf at moama on the weekend and ran into a mate who is the president of belgrave CC and he said that their captain coach is the one the wanderers are chasing, and he has told belgrave only if he doesn't get their job will he go to North Eltham, so maybe the deal isn't done.

Leigh Newey?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back