DVCA Money Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Money Shield 09/10

dsi;389385 said:
Taipans have smashed Yarrambat to make it into the inaugural finals series in the DVCA
camrea, a side that has won 2 or 3 of the last 5 A grade grand finals in their comp, should make the finals!! yarrambat, hit and miss. it shows their inconsistency as they beat Lower and get bowled out for 80 odd. Camrea the team to beat in Money. They should feel the pressure, because if they don't win, what a wasted season and move to the valley.

Finals!!!!!!

1 Lower Plenty v 4 Greensborough

2 Camrea Taipans v 3 St Francis of Assisi

Thought?

The Wizz;390407 said:
Finals!!!!!!

Thought?

1. Lower Plenty easily. Greensborough's batting only average and will struggle to make 100.
2. St Francis to make up for last years loss and beat Camrea in a cracker of a game. The old blokes at Camrea will still be tired from celebrating the success of their veterans team yesterday and will struggle to get up for the game.

The Wizz;390407 said:
Finals!!!!!!
Thought?

Lower will bat 80 overs and bat Borough out of the game, Borough have only got a few good bats, and wont make over 200.
St Franks will be to good for Camrea, with Duggan and Lewi to lead the way, best chance for Camrea is to bowl first and put the Franks under a bit of pressure.

WanderingUnity;390506 said:
Lower will bat 80 overs and bat Borough out of the game, Borough have only got a few good bats, and wont make over 200.
St Franks will be to good for Camrea, with Duggan and Lewi to lead the way, best chance for Camrea is to bowl first and put the Franks under a bit of pressure.

boy you were wrong

WanderingUnity;390506 said:

Zip from two there buddy.

North Eltham supporters mid way through last year mouthed off on the barclay shield thread warning us look out they're coming. Just wondering if they'll come onto this thread now warning the money shield guys the same thing. They must of hired the Carlton Football Club membership department to come up with that inspired sledge and not back it up.

dsi;391302 said:
boy you were wrong

Yes, must admit that both games did surprise, although 'Boro only having a couple of bats' was on the money, if Kila and Kelsey get going, then they are a real chance of chasing down any target.....

and St.Francs??? well, again, I did say that Camreas best chance was to bowl first and put them under the pump, and did they what, crumbled like a deck of old cards.....another wasted season by St.Francis.

Will be a great game this week, either side will be bitterly disappointed about not going into Barclay after such a good year.....

WanderingUnity;391591 said:
Yes, must admit that both games did surprise, although 'Boro only having a couple of bats' was on the money, if Kila and Kelsey get going, then they are a real chance of chasing down any target.....

and St.Francs??? well, again, I did say that Camreas best chance was to bowl first and put them under the pump, and did they what, crumbled like a deck of old cards.....another wasted season by St.Francis.

Will be a great game this week, either side will be bitterly disappointed about not going into Barclay after such a good year.....

disappointing yes, but wasted, no. i think anytime you make the finals you have achieved. big window of opportunity for the club, young committed list.
new coach next year, different approach, hopefully will take the next step.

i wonder when the last grandfinalist was reversed outright in the home and away season.

WanderingUnity;391591 said:

i don't know where the "Boro only have a couple of bats" comes from!?!
I would have thought that Butterworth, Bowers, Kulikowski and Kelsey were a pretty handy group to have in your top six on any given day. All but Kelsey have over 300 runs for the season, and he has 284.
Good luck to the Boro in the big one this week. They are a very young side and are coming good at the right end of the season. It was a mighty effort to chase down over 200 at Lower Plenty on the week end against the raging hot favourites. Should be an absolute belter of a Grand Final against Camrea this week end.

TGAT;391639 said:
I would have thought that Butterworth, Bowers, Kulikowski and Kelsey were a pretty handy group to have in your top six on any given day. All but Kelsey have over 300 runs for the season, and he has 284.
Good luck to the Boro in the big one this week. They are a very young side and are coming good at the right end of the season. It was a mighty effort to chase down over 200 at Lower Plenty on the week end against the raging hot favourites. Should be an absolute belter of a Grand Final against Camrea this week end.

Kelsey did a great job on Sunday, but got great support from the guy at the other end. Looked like a young bloke who was batting with him, had a cool head head on his shoulders and played a big part in getting them across the line after 3 early wickets to Lower and numerous rain delays.

brutal;391650 said:
Kelsey did a great job on Sunday, but got great support from the guy at the other end. Looked like a young bloke who was batting with him, had a cool head head on his shoulders and played a big part in getting them across the line after 3 early wickets to Lower and numerous rain delays.

Brutal, well said!

Kelsey cool head, but young fella quiet impressive, believe he is only 19. He bowled a great spell as well to contain Lower to 207.
Good Luck to both sides!

brutal;391650 said:

Great call! Yes, he did a fantstic job. His name is John Meekins and he is a terrific young player. He displayed a very cool head and played a big part in getting Greensborough over the line. Played a very mature innings under a lot of pressure from the Lower Plenty bowlers

TGAT;391639 said:

Did admit that Kila and Kelsey are good bats, and got Boro over the line, but Butters 14 (311) and Bowers 1 (300), did not lend much support, and the 'magical' figure of 300 runs is over rated this season, with 13 games, and therefore around 15 hits, 300 is only 20 per inning.
I like the balance of the Boro side, with their younger kids coming through, with Harvey, Cunningham or Meekins, and think they are a real shot on the weekend, just need to get someone to take a bag of wickets.

WanderingUnity;391796 said:
Did admit that Kila and Kelsey are good bats, and got Boro over the line, but Butters 14 (311) and Bowers 1 (300), did not lend much support, and the 'magical' figure of 300 runs is over rated this season, with 13 games, and therefore around 15 hits, 300 is only 20 per inning.
I like the balance of the Boro side, with their younger kids coming through, with Harvey, Cunningham or Meekins, and think they are a real shot on the weekend, just need to get someone to take a bag of wickets.

Im my opinion i dont necessarily think boro need a bowler to take a bag, have only conceeded two score over 200 for the year as not many sides have really got going so far. Camrea have relied heavilly on McGann and he is the obvious threat but we all know its a long year and he has been required to bowl alot of overs of late.
Good luck to all on the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back