DVCA MONEY SHIELD 2021/22

Surly a clubs ones and twos have never had a tie on the same day before. Love seeing the ball by ball last two overs to see what teams were defending and how they got there

I think it's safe to say if Eltham get up tomorrow it's curtains for OPs. Top 6 all playing each other which makes for a massive round.

......... and Eltham didn't get up.

It could be an exciting finish at the bottom of the ladder. Only 0.0241 in percentage separating Eltham and OP.

OP have got Mernda this round and if they can get up, then Eltham will probably be in Mash Shield next season.

With Lower Eltham getting relegated from Barclay and Lower Plenty already in Mash, it seems that the 'old' DVCA clubs are going backwards.

It could be an exciting finish at the bottom of the ladder. Only 0.0241 in percentage separating Eltham and OP.

OP have got Mernda this round and if they can get up, then Eltham will probably be in Mash Shield next season.

With Lower Eltham getting relegated from Barclay and Lower Plenty already in Mash, it seems that the 'old' DVCA clubs are going backwards.
One would think you just need to look at how they have been operating from a board level.
Paying lads that just weren’t worth paying (for what it’s worth.. unless you can make 700 runs and / or take 40 wickets you’re not worth a cent).

One would think you just need to look at how they have been operating from a board level.
Paying lads that just weren’t worth paying (for what it’s worth.. unless you can make 700 runs and / or take 40 wickets you’re not worth a cent).
On that topic, I’ve never understood local cricket mercenaries. Surely it’s not worth bang for your buck if your interest at playing at a club is purely for financial reasons. Just seems like a miserable existence to me.

On that topic, I’ve never understood local cricket mercenaries. Surely it’s not worth bang for your buck if your interest at playing at a club is purely for financial reasons. Just seems like a miserable existence to me.

If money is what you're after then you're better off getting a real job.

Lets say you spend 3 hours travelling and training twice a week, plus 8 hours on a Saturday travelling and training for 20 weeks plus another 2 weeks of finals. Add in a couple of hours a week for 2 months of pre-season. That's over 300 hours. If you're getting paid $5,000 then it works out to less than the minimum wage!

You'd earn more money working at Coles or Bunnings on a Saturday afternoon than playing local cricket.

Lets say you spend 3 hours travelling and training twice a week, plus 8 hours on a Saturday travelling and training for 20 weeks plus another 2 weeks of finals. Add in a couple of hours a week for 2 months of pre-season. That's over 300 hours. If you're getting paid $5,000 then it works out to less than the minimum wage!

You'd earn more money working at Coles or Bunnings on a Saturday afternoon than playing local cricket.
Hear! Hear!

Terrific take.
But if you have the spare time and are local enough, then the cash is tax free.. so if you want a side hustle it’s not bad.
But it’s a lot of effort to do.
You look at the guys in DVCA that get some of the big dollars.. they are on $12- $15 in Barclay / Money shields. Then you probably get a couple on $3-$5 in Mash.

Terrific take.
But if you have the spare time and are local enough, then the cash is tax free.. so if you want a side hustle it’s not bad.
But it’s a lot of effort to do.
You look at the guys in DVCA that get some of the big dollars.. they are on $12- $15 in Barclay / Money shields. Then you probably get a couple on $3-$5 in Mash.

I agree, if you're on big dollars then its definitely worth it. But there's quite a few mercenaries that are getting a only a few grand and change clubs season after season. They obviously don't know how to value their time.

Looks like Eltham is in Mash Shield next season. Not many clubs ever come back from there. Look at Lower Plenty, can’t even make the top 4.

Looks like Eltham is in Mash Shield next season. Not many clubs ever come back from there. Look at Lower Plenty, can’t even make the top 4.
A few dark years ahead for them in Mash. Lower plenty will eventually fight their way back into money with a nice batch of young players. However Eltham have nothing going for them. Don’t like seeing the demise of a club however Eltham have always thought their s@$t didn’t stink, so I have no sympathy.

Such a shame they have the best ground/facilities in the comp for mine. Research and Greensy the only clubs to go down and come up, however Boro went straight back down the year after.

I reckon call him back.
Facebook must have been monitoring what I have been watching and posted a video of an international game, where the bowler tripped the batsmen (not batter), the ball was thrown to the keeper who refused to take the bails off.

That’s what should have happened imo.

Back