DVCA Off-Season 2021

It seems a bit tacky and over the top for a local cricket ground. Macleod FC have re-named De Winton past couple years over the footy season and it reeks of tackyness. No one cares that much.

You’d like to think they’re taking the piss with this. If not, I have a genuine case of second hand embarrassment for them.
This is actually the worst / most cringeworthy thing I've seen. "if it helps pay the bills I don't see why not" ahhh every other club haven't needed to change the name of their oval to pay the bills so that's just nonsense. The cave has now turned into the joke

So you guys who are bagging the name change would knock back a potential sponsor if you were in the same position? No you wouldn't and anyone who says they'd knock back an offer of money to change the name of your ground to the sponsors name is lying. I'm sure the folks down at Banyule don't care if people at others clubs think it "cringeworthy" cos other clubs ain't paying the bills.

So you guys who are bagging the name change would knock back a potential sponsor if you were in the same position? No you wouldn't and anyone who says they'd knock back an offer of money to change the name of your ground to the sponsors name is lying. I'm sure the folks down at Banyule don't care if people at others clubs think it "cringeworthy" cos other clubs ain't paying the bills.
I’d make passionate love to Mike Gatting before I’d sell out the name of our home ground to a sponsor.

Last edited:
They were already the major sponsor. They either offered the ground name or were asked and gave it. A local cricket sponsorship, especially from an existing sponsor, should not hinge on the renaming of the ground. It also sets an odd precedent, will this sponsor tip in for ten years and the ground stay named accordingly? Or will they drop off and it returns to the council given name or shop it around to other sponsors? It's just unnecessary, like most of the things they do.

I can just see every real estate agent rubbing their grubby little hands together.
Should rename Redleap Reserve - RISTIC Real Estate Park.
Greensborough War Memorial- Darren Jones Oval
Whatmough Park - Barry Plant Arena

Yes can confirm ild hope my club would knock back the money if they asked us to change the name of the ground sponsorships come and go. Grounds stay forever

Yes can confirm ild hope my club would knock back the money if they asked us to change the name of the ground sponsorships come and go. Grounds stay forever
No club can change a council named ground without extensive lobbying and a for council resolution/approval. It usually takes years.
Any club can let a sponsor have the ground named after them in their marketing material.
Clubs can make money off this. Why wouldnt you.

No club can change a council named ground without extensive lobbying and a for council resolution/approval. It usually takes years.
Any club can let a sponsor have the ground named after them in their marketing material.
Clubs can make money off this. Why wouldnt you.
How much extra $ was tipped in to the get the name? Interested to know what the going rate from major sponsor to ground naming is..

Back