DVCA Off-Season 2023

Curious to see whether or not the comp will finally convert to white balls and coloured clothing for one day games. Some of the uniforms during one day games this year were nothing short of pathetic and was a shocking look for the DV. I've seen pub teams present better than some of the 1st elevens I saw this season.

Curious to see whether or not the comp will finally convert to white balls and coloured clothing for one day games. Some of the uniforms during one day games this year were nothing short of pathetic and was a shocking look for the DV. I've seen pub teams present better than some of the 1st elevens I saw this season.
Couldn't agree more. Makes us look like a complete laughing stock of a competition.

Sort it out.

100% agree. Can simply not be wearing half white half coloured. At a dvca meeting at the beginning of the season, they claimed next season would go to full coloured kit for one day games and potentially white ball

There are worst things going on such as the 20/20 midweek comp that no one cares about but somehow every team enters.
Send a message by not entering a team and force a change.
Place the lower grades ( g grade for instance ) into a 20/20 comp full time for points and maybe have them wear the colours. No restrictions for any juniors , no retiring at 50 , open slather for all.
At least it makes the game a bit more enjoyable and attractive , otherwise numbers will continue to dwindle

Hearing a younger fella is taking charge of the comp this year, hopefully makes some progressive changes to the comp.
I'd start with

- Making the coloured clothes mandatory for all shield one day games, with white ball.
- F Grade below strictly a one day comp
- Prelim finals for Shield grade. Should be more reward for finishing top 2, if you have a bad session a whole season's good work goes out the door.
- Collaborate with the NMCA to completely change the T20 comp and make it a Thursday night game (Tuesdays are a nonsense and a strain on the clubs). I'd imagine you could actually get some decent crowds at the games and make it a real event.

Agree with both of the above. Lower grades is the key here. Make them all one day games. Could go as far as brining back the reserve grades. If your ones go up you go to BS shield, BS reserve etc. Everything outside the reserve grades are one dayers.

Shield and reserve grades should be a must, and they are the only ones to play 2 day cricket

All other grades one dayers.

Prelims a moral, couldnt agree more with Savage RN on that,

Back