Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA: Representative Sides

can hit the ball!;297200 said:
S.Kumar
South Morang
Handy behind the wickets as a keeper
and also bats very well when he gets in
Eddie Murphy?? Your kidding me!! Hes ok but reckon theres a couple of blokes called Wayne Wunhym and Ronnie McKeown that would have him well and truly covered for the Money rep team.

Concussion;301542 said:
Eddie Murphy?? Your kidding me!! Hes ok but reckon theres a couple of blokes called Wayne Wunhym and Ronnie McKeown that would have him well and truly covered for the Money rep team.

For mine, Wunhym would be the walk up start here, due purely to the fact that Ronnie would REALLY struggle to back up 2 days in a row.
Add to that, the fact that he's (Wayne) one of the best bats in the comp, and it opens up another spot for a batsman.

beenaround;292723 said:
not in order...
W.Wunhym
J.Wallace
J.Berthet
C.Zealley
J.Collicoat
M.George
S.Bray
G.Duggin
B.Lewis
Al.Mann
L.Stewart or L.Kennell

Pretty tough at this stage :confused:

got 3 wrong, but not too bad.
pretty good squad, and should hand the scumbags another hiding !

Originally Posted by beenaround
not in order...
W.Wunhym
J.Wallace
J.Berthet
C.Zealley
J.Collicoat
M.George
S.Bray
G.Duggin
B.Lewis
Al.Mann
L.Stewart or L.Kennell

Pretty tough at this stage

Who were the 3 that were wrong??? Zealley being one i agree with all the others

Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

just wondering if anyone can explain why Steven Doyle has been picked as keeper in the comp side? On face value it is a case of playing for the same club as the captain/selector

for example, this years stats

Doyle - 63 runs @9 & 11 catches

McClean ( creek ) 109 runs @ 21.8 & 12 catches

Tenni ( lwr plenty ) 138 runs @ 69 & 6 catches & 1 stumping

Sing ( bundoora ) 87 runs @ 14.5 & 12 catches & 3 stumpings

Johnno ( plenty ) 187 runs @ 23.4 & 5 catches

Nothing against Steve, but would like to know if any of the above players were asked or unavaialble

For the record, the other 11 selections are spot on in my opinion, rewarding guys such as Volpe & Angellucci who have had great seasons up to now.

Bundoora;313244 said:
just wondering if anyone can explain why Steven Doyle has been picked as keeper in the comp side? On face value it is a blatant case of playing for the same club as the captain/selector

Nothing against Steve, but would like to know if any of the above players were asked or unavaialble

For the record, the other 11 selections are spot on in my opinion, rewarding guys such as Volpe & Angellucci who have had great seasons up to now.

Thats seems like a fair point you are making, I would hope others were asked and could not play.

SENIOR REP MATCHES: DVCA v NMCA
@ Moore Park, Gilbert Road Reservoir (18 E5)
Monday 26 January, 10.30am start

Team 1 (Barclay Shield)

Scott Gibbs (RV, Capt), David Love (V-C, PY), Claudio Angelucci (EP), Jarrod Curtis (LE)
Stephen Doyle (RV), Brett Glynn (DC), Conlan Gunn (LE), Mick Hansen (DC)
Terry Keays (LS), Anthony Volpe (LS), Justin Whitcher (LE), Brent Zerafa (LP)

Team 2 (Money Shield)
Brett Lewis (Capt, SF), Luke Kennell (V-C, EC), Simon Bray (YB), Jason Berthet (SF)
Greg Duggin (SF), Matthew George (TU), Brent Gutterson (EC), Alastair Mann (NE)
Chris Paine (EC), Daniel Sadowy (HB), John Wallace (EC), Wayne Wunhym (MY)

Direct broadcast by Plenty Valley FM 88.6

Lets all, as a Comp, get down have a beer and support the teams. I will be there, with bells on (and stubby holder requiring filling if you are around!!!)

TheUtility;312971 said:
Originally Posted by beenaround
not in order...
W.Wunhym
J.Wallace
J.Berthet
C.Zealley
J.Collicoat
M.George
S.Bray
G.Duggin
B.Lewis
Al.Mann
L.Stewart or L.Kennell

Pretty tough at this stage

Who were the 3 that were wrong??? Zealley being one i agree with all the others
I believe Zealley was asked to play but declined due to prior committments.

I can confrm I was asked but can not play unfortunately, apart from that, I can not comment on why he was picked (Through lack of knowledge).

CowCorner;313250 said:
Thats seems like a fair point you are making, I would hope others were asked and could not play.

Bundoora;313244 said:
just wondering if anyone can explain why Steven Doyle has been picked as keeper in the comp side? On face value it is a case of playing for the same club as the captain/selector

Johnno ( plenty ) 187 runs @ 23.4 & 5 catches

For starters, you can forget the number of catches and stumpings - they prove SFA. You can only catch what comes your way - the real stat is how many they've dropped, which isn't in ResultsVault.

As far as batting goes, I'm not sure that really comes into it either. I mean, if you go through the team, you'd hope all that batting talent means its not up to the keeper to get them over the line.

Steve also bats at number 3, which is far harder than where most (if not all) of those other blokes bat (although I stand to be corrected there as I haven't played against all of them). He did average about 20 last year batting at 3, which compares pretty well to all the averages you've listed above (except AT - red ink?).

Also, I just did a quick look on ResultsVault:

Byes conceded:

Doyle - 3 in 7 games
Sing - 29 in 8 games
McClean - 19 in 7 games
Johnno - 21 in 6 games
AT - 11 in 5 games

I might be a tad biased, but I reckon he's got every keeper on your list covered in terms of ability with the gloves. I am told Johnno was a freak back in the day, but he's 45 and doesn't even keep full-time for Plenty these days, so I doubt they'd ask him, and I doubt he'd say yes anyway, with a family and all.

Bubble Wrap;313386 said:
For starters, you can forget the number of catches and stumpings - they prove SFA. You can only catch what comes your way - the real stat is how many they've dropped, which isn't in ResultsVault.

As far as batting goes, I'm not sure that really comes into it either. I mean, if you go through the team, you'd hope all that batting talent means its not up to the keeper to get them over the line.

Steve also bats at number 3, which is far harder than where most (if not all) of those other blokes bat (although I stand to be corrected there as I haven't played against all of them). He did average about 20 last year batting at 3, which compares pretty well to all the averages you've listed above (except AT - red ink?).

Byes conceded:

Doyle - 3 in 7 games
Sing - 29 in 8 games
McClean - 19 in 7 games
Johnno - 21 in 6 games
AT - 11 in 5 games

I might be a tad biased, but I reckon he's got every keeper on your list covered in terms of ability with the gloves. I am told Johnno was a freak back in the day, but he's 45 and doesn't even keep full-time for Plenty these days, so I doubt they'd ask him, and I doubt he'd say yes anyway, with a family and all.

Yeh, it's all well and good to say 'This bloke has conceded 29 byes in 8 games' etc. but you also have to remember that sometimes they are the bowler's fault. I know that sounds naive, but in reality it is true.

I don't know enough about any of the keepers except for Tom but surely they would pick it on what they have seen, not what it says in ResultsVault.

Uhm how? This is A grade cricket, if you can not get to a ball that goes for byes, and is not a wide, 99% of the time, it will be due bad footwork or technique. Not the bowler.

fmr_13;313466 said:
Yeh, it's all well and good to say 'This bloke has conceded 29 byes in 8 games' etc. but you also have to remember that sometimes they are the bowler's fault. I know that sounds naive, but in reality it is true.

I don't know enough about any of the keepers except for Tom but surely they would pick it on what they have seen, not what it says in ResultsVault.

Bubble Wrap;313386 said:

Byes conceded:

Doyle - 3 in 7 games
Sing - 29 in 8 games
McClean - 19 in 7 games
Johnno - 21 in 6 games
AT - 11 in 5 games

correct weight:p

3 points

1. No need to argue what he did last year, if the side was picked on last season i would have thought last seasons comp bowling age winner may have been asked:(

2. who cares how old johnno is, keaysy & Bakes played, joc should have been asked in my opinion

And my last point, if Shane Doyle is picked in next years side then it's time for a complete overhaul:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back