Eastern Cricket Association 2010/11 (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great get for Burwood if true but a waste of talent if he's playing A grade. And the guys at Deepdene must feel like they've just been kicked in the nuts if he's playing with Burwood, he would be a genuine match winner for them. There must be some dollars involved.

According to my source was that Deepdene already had professionals in Parsons and Hoare and Daniel's decision was made only recently thus being the case he couldn't play at the Bears. Still yet tbc anywhere so until we see him @ the Burwood Oval let's not get to ahead of ourselves.

Annoys me how people who play in Dunstan think they are so much better than people who play in A Turf. The only real difference in the depth of good players.
Would say IF O'Shea is going to play for Burwood they have the best attack in the whole of the ECA with Birt, Jewitt and new Kiwi guy Radloff.
Excellent recruitment from their commitee.

Dont know if its been done yet but who would be the top 3 most important players for each club?
Good topic.
Ashburton - Even side, no weak links but Cox, Swift and Richards would be thier most important. Will be up there again.
Bulleen - rely on a handful of guns. Davidson (by a mile), then Judd and Porter. 2 or 3 other very experienced players but bottom 2 or 3 a bit ordinary. Should be competitive if Davidson and Porter fire.
Mont Albert - Wright, Hargreaves established performers and Ellis (Pom. Is he playing this season?) Good core of experienced players. Will be interesting to see who they have lost and who they have gained.
GI - Abel (Pom is he coming back?), Armstrong, McDermott good solid players. Can they repeat last seasons success?
ED - Thompson P, Thompson M, Rely heavily on these 2, David Annan. A bit thin after their top 2 or 3. Ladder position will be determined by how well the Thompson brothers go.
Mulg - Aldons, Dean Day, Slack - Mulgrave need a bowler. Can't rely on Morris forever. Batting very steady.
Hawthorn - Tongue. Haw are the team that relies most on one player. Tempone is a young player with promise. Laing is steady
Bears - Parsons (gun bat and handy bowler), Rathnasiri (mercurial but lacks a bit of ticker), Dan Sturgess. New bowler from Northcote may help them challenge.
St Kevs - Fernon (gun bat despite bit of a lean 2010/11), Crawford, Mullen. Have some good young players may be an improver.

No secret RC is my club so won't go through them and don't know much at all about Boronia. Dineen is a gun at Marcellin may not be playing 1st half of season.

Good topic.
Ashburton - Even side, no weak links but Cox, Swift and Richards would be thier most important. Will be up there again.
Bulleen - rely on a handful of guns. Davidson (by a mile), then Judd and Porter. 2 or 3 other very experienced players but bottom 2 or 3 a bit ordinary. Should be competitive if Davidson and Porter fire.
Mont Albert - Wright, Hargreaves established performers and Ellis (Pom. Is he playing this season?) Good core of experienced players. Will be interesting to see who they have lost and who they have gained.
GI - Abel (Pom is he coming back?), Armstrong, McDermott good solid players. Can they repeat last seasons success?
ED - Thompson P, Thompson M, Rely heavily on these 2, David Annan. A bit thin after their top 2 or 3. Ladder position will be determined by how well the Thompson brothers go.
Mulg - Aldons, Dean Day, Slack - Mulgrave need a bowler. Can't rely on Morris forever. Batting very steady.
Hawthorn - Tongue. Haw are the team that relies most on one player. Tempone is a young player with promise. Laing is steady
Bears - Parsons (gun bat and handy bowler), Rathnasiri (mercurial but lacks a bit of ticker), Dan Sturgess. New bowler from Northcote may help them challenge.
St Kevs - Fernon (gun bat despite bit of a lean 2010/11), Crawford, Mullen. Have some good young players may be an improver.

No secret RC is my club so won't go through them and don't know much at all about Boronia. Dineen is a gun at Marcellin may not be playing 1st half of season.

Good post.

Looks like Abel isn't returning for Glen Iris - They have another English guy called Nesan Jeyaratnam who has scored a hundred in Minor Counties Cricket.
Ashy should be there or thereabouts again with the same side except for a different English lad.

Deepdene's attack recieves a huge boost with Hoare involved. Shouldn't scare anyone for pace, but usually runs in all day.

Doesn't look like Mont Albert's poms from 2010/11 are returning, but they have no doubt been replaced.

Fernon can't be that bad again for Skevs surely!?

Bulleen should be alright. Everyone knows their "Guns".

Boronia could be the surprise package. Deservedly A Turf Premiers last term. Well drilled side, without a standout player in my opinion, but Suckling is a very good bowler and they have a number of guys who do a job. Their captain Stallworthy may have a screw loose.

Marcellin straight back down.

A great get for Burwood if true but a waste of talent if he's playing A grade. And the guys at Deepdene must feel like they've just been kicked in the nuts if he's playing with Burwood, he would be a genuine match winner for them. There must be some dollars involved.
Fuzzbungle, have you any comment? You always seem to be in the know.

Hey Guys,
Long time reader first time poster.
I notice that one of Deepdene's finest, Daniel O'shea posts here a bit. I have a contact @ Burwood who was bragging to me that they would be the team to beat this season with the signing of O'shea. I thought that O'shea was at Northcote and looking at last weeks teams he was named for Northcote so I think he is just stirring me but he seemed really confident. Was hoping that Daniel or someone else from Burwood could confirm/deny these allegations.
Just had a look @ Surrey Park and still some way to go to get that up for Saturday but let's hope we get on as I can't wait!
Cheers, Lewis

Who cares!! Fuzzbuckle aka O'Shea prob made it up himself so people can talk about him..... I heard he is still wearing 'V' plates? True?

To add to the rumour file..... anyone confirm/deny these???
Pretty reliable source

1. AWCC under investigation for salary cap issues? Note: Only 2 professional players allowed. I heard as many as 8 players getting cash under the table....Guessing Swift, Cox, Richards, new pom (Metcalf) at minimum.... Trying to buy back to back premierships??

2. I hear from a good source that Mulgrave is opening up the cheque book once again this season... maybe another team trying to buy a flag.... Coach D.Carter getting $10-15k??? Is he playing coach? Must be handy, anyone know of him?? That's pretty good coin for this comp. Batter, Bowler?

Who cares!! Fuzzbuckle aka O'Shea prob made it up himself so people can talk about him..... I heard he is still wearing 'V' plates? True?

Pretty reliable source

1. AWCC under investigation for salary cap issues? Note: Only 2 professional players allowed. I heard as many as 8 players getting cash under the table....Guessing Swift, Cox, Richards, new pom (Metcalf) at minimum.... Trying to buy back to back premierships??

2. I hear from a good source that Mulgrave is opening up the cheque book once again this season... maybe another team trying to buy a flag.... Coach D.Carter getting $10-15k??? Is he playing coach? Must be handy, anyone know of him?? That's pretty good coin for this comp. Batter, Bowler?

Never met O'Shea so not sure of the quality of lid he has to comment on whether he represents the Big V.

Ashy and Mulgrave dishing out coin does not suprise me. At least Ashy will get a good return on their investment, unlike Mulgrave.

Carter at Mulgrave. Surely it is not the same Carter as last season?? D Carter in 10/11....5 games for 4 runs @1.33. Has to be another bloke surely based on these numbers! An absolute donation if he is getting that sort of coin.

Pretty reliable source

D. Carter played for Mulgrave last year. Didn't set the world on fire. Have they got a new D. Carter?

Never met O'Shea so not sure of the quality of lid he has to comment on whether he represents the Big V.

Ashy and Mulgrave dishing out coin does not suprise me. At least Ashy will get a good return on their investment, unlike Mulgrave.

Carter at Mulgrave. Surely it is not the same Carter as last season?? D Carter in 10/11....5 games for 4 runs @1.33. Has to be another bloke surely based on these numbers! An absolute donation if he is getting that sort of coin.
Questionable from memory! haha

XXXX - He must be a bowler then. Did he take many wickets?? Gees want to be quick if he is taking $10k and not making runs. Does anyone know him? From District maybe? Interstate? I saw someone posting earlier saying Mulgrave is their pick for the flag this year. Maybe this Carter bloke is sharp. Anyone confirm who he is??

Questionable from memory! haha

XXXX - He must be a bowler then. Did he take many wickets?? Gees want to be quick if he is taking $10k and not making runs. Does anyone know him? From District maybe? Interstate? I saw someone posting earlier saying Mulgrave is their pick for the flag this year. Maybe this Carter bloke is sharp. Anyone confirm who he is??
Bowled 1 over for season. No wickets. Played last 3 games in B turf. Must be a different bloke. I am not reading much into who is tipping who for success/failure at this time of year. We will know soon enough. Bring it on.

I've read this O'Shae guy written all over this forum. Did he play Dunstan or in the Bears 2's. Never heard of him before.

O'shea was named in ECA team of the year when he was 16 or 17 taking heaps of wickets for deepdene. He almost won the Dunstan medal at that age too. Then went to Northcote for a few seasons where he took a lot more wickets and some would say he was a little stiff not to get a run for the vics with his results. To come back to the ECA after his experience not only at Northcote but aborad is huge.
Now to go to Burwood and play A turf is a massive recruit.

O'shea was named in ECA team of the year when he was 16 or 17 taking heaps of wickets for deepdene. He almost won the Dunstan medal at that age too. Then went to Northcote for a few seasons where he took a lot more wickets and some would say he was a little stiff not to get a run for the vics with his results. To come back to the ECA after his experience not only at Northcote but aborad is huge.
Now to go to Burwood and play A turf is a massive recruit.

Why would he leave other than wanting to be a big fish in a little pond. Can't wait to see him get hit for many a 6 on that postage stamp. Will be great to see!! Surely Mark Sturgess is asking the question why he didn't go back to the Bears. A falling out there?? Just like the falling out Sturgo had with Bereza, Dell Labrooy & big Melinda. Bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back