Eca 2012/13

Only 6 so far in the tipping comp (Paintball Lover, Council Mayor, Chairman Mao, The otsider, MAd Max and The Maestro).
Hopefully a few more join but maybe anyone who joins next week can take the lowest score from this week?
Good luck boys - go hard and hopes the rain stays away.

Washed Out. Set aside a Sunday sometime.

Waste of good weather during the week. Wicket was fine but the weather wasn't. Another couple of hits during the week before scratching guard for the first time next week.

Washed Out. Set aside a Sunday sometime.

Waste of good weather during the week. Wicket was fine but the weather wasn't. Another couple of hits during the week before scratching guard for the first time next week.
all our teams got a start, mixed days effort, but 3 points is better than none!

Limited Overs - Tick
Coloured Clothes - Tick
White Ball - Tick
Bowling Restrictions - Tick
Fielding Restrictions - Cross

My Old man always said if you are going to do something, do it properly. Why are we falling short of the full bottle in regards to one day games?

Would others like to see fielding restrictions come in to the picture? I would and I'd love to get the thoughts of other forumites.

Limited Overs - Tick
Coloured Clothes - Tick
White Ball - Tick
Bowling Restrictions - Tick
Fielding Restrictions - Cross

My Old man always said if you are going to do something, do it properly. Why are we falling short of the full bottle in regards to one day games?

Would others like to see fielding restrictions come in to the picture? I would and I'd love to get the thoughts of other forumites.
Have to have fielding restrictions! Our ex district players cannot believe we dont have them

Don't think the rules allow it. Once we turn up and if any game starts then it is considered to be a round. 3 points everyone.
Really ? Thought someone had to get a result for the round to count ? When grounds can be spread so far and wide in the same league someone somewhere is going to at least get some play. Pointless having a reserve day then.

You could be right. Notice about "no activation of reserve day" has now gone from eca website.
common sense and cricket administrators have historically not seen eye to eye. If 20 overs are not bowled on the first day of a 2-dayer then the match reverts to 1-day status. Surely with no turf match getting 20 overs at the weekend common sense would apply and the reserve day would be invoked. We are here to play cricket fellas. If this weekend is called a round, I'll be interested in the umpires votes. Cutter to get 3 votes for winning the toss up there at Zerbes?

common sense and cricket administrators have historically not seen eye to eye. If 20 overs are not bowled on the first day of a 2-dayer then the match reverts to 1-day status. Surely with no turf match getting 20 overs at the weekend common sense would apply and the reserve day would be invoked. We are here to play cricket fellas. If this weekend is called a round, I'll be interested in the umpires votes. Cutter to get 3 votes for winning the toss up there at Zerbes?
Well said.

I am sure the ECA will enforce the reserve day, because that's what it is there for.

I bet that Bulleen would have kept playing in the rain, lucky for Burwood they came off!

Back