Eca 2012/13

New to this lads, weekend was very interesting with Skevs and Deepdene still struggling a little.

Hawthorn and Ashy still look strong despite Toungue and Swift yet to take it by the scruff of the neck. Nth Balwyn look good, anyone know if they have picked up anyone since last year?

Surry Hills and Marcellin look like they will battle a little this year. East Donny look like they have a better team than their ladder position shows and would be expected to turn it around in the next few games.

Thoughts?

G'day gents,
Hawthorn/MA/Ashy all look good. I think Haw are a tad overrated unless Tongue fires up. Who have they played so far? MA/Ashy will be big flag contenders, good form shown early.
Mulgrave a bit of a surprise sitting ok, NB will be there abouts. Expect to see StKevs bounce back a bit, even side of good contributors, Deepdene won't stay down long when Parsons starts making big scores. Boronia should be pushing for 5-6 spot I think, but maybe 7-8 then ED, SH battling to see who goes down with Marcellin.
Fair assessment?

G'day gents,
Hawthorn/MA/Ashy all look good. I think Haw are a tad overrated unless Tongue fires up. Who have they played so far? MA/Ashy will be big flag contenders, good form shown early.
Mulgrave a bit of a surprise sitting ok, NB will be there abouts. Expect to see StKevs bounce back a bit, even side of good contributors, Deepdene won't stay down long when Parsons starts making big scores. Boronia should be pushing for 5-6 spot I think, but maybe 7-8 then ED, SH battling to see who goes down with Marcellin.
Fair assessment?

Reckon that's all fair enough. Agree about Skevs, good even team.

How good is Haw v GI this week? GI wouldn't want to drop it and Haw would have to be fav at home. Deep should get a win over SH and get on the board. MA should beat Boronia, Skevs will beat Marc, Mully should beat ED and Ashy should beat NB. None of those games are sure things so there could be a glut of teams at 2-2 which will make the pre Xmas run very interesting.

Three games in too early to call. I think they will end up doing just enough to avoid relegation
Lets just hope for there sake Parsons wins them enough games to stay up! What does the ECA do when a club has a side in Dunstan relegated but a Team in A Turf not relegated? Does this enable the Dunstan Team to stay up? If this is the case maybe Deepdene should consider putting Parsons and there other paid player Sturgess back to the twos!

Tipping Ladder Update

Paintball Lover 11
Maestro 11
Council Mayor 10
Washout 9
Cricket Stump 9
Watto 8
Mad Max 8
Chaiman Mao 7

Minimum points for te round if you didn't get your tips in.
Half a point for 2 drawn games.

My tips for Round 4 are:

Surrey Hills vs Deepdene (can't lose 4 in a row can they?)
Boronia vs Mont Albert (Boronia have already lost to 2 sides who will probably finish in the bottom half and MA going well)
St Kevins vs Marcellin (St Kevins too good)
Hawthorn vs Glen Iris (Match of the round - GI in a close one)
East Doncaster vs Mulgrave (Mulgrave just)
Ashburton vs North Balwyn (Ashburton comfortably)

Best Bet - Mont Albert by the length of the Flemington straight.
Best Roughie - Surrey Hills.

Tips:
Surrey Hills vs Deepdene (SH Struggling, Parsons will get a ton)
Boronia vs Mont Albert (MA looking the goods, Vance great start to the season, as well as Hargraves)
St Kevins vs Marcellin (StK possibly outright - Fernon to ton up, possibly double ton)
Hawthorn vs Glen Iris (Hard to say, rather Hawks win, but think Armstrong will get some)
East Doncaster vs Mulgrave (Mulgrave comfortably I would think, ED struggling)
Ashburton vs North Balwyn (Ashy too good, Cox in form.)

Tips:
Surrey Hills vs Deepdene (have to hit form sooner or later and SH don't look to be troubling many this year)
Boronia vs Mont Albert (Vance in top form, has taken the captaincy in his stride, dominating with bat and ball)
St Kevins vs Marcellin (easily, will make a modest score but their bowling will win them games this year)
Hawthorn vs Glen Iris (cracker but think GI will get the points in a high scoring affair)
East Doncaster vs Mulgrave (Mully won a good one on Sunday - should beat ED after a belting from AW)
Ashburton vs North Balwyn (AW in good form winning early games - should take care of NB)

Deepdene - Easily
Mont Albert - Will continue their good form
St Kevins - Will be a closer game than everyone thinks
GI - Batting too strong
Mulgrave - Easy
Ashburton - Continue on their winning ways but will be a close one

Deepdene - Easily
Mont Albert - Will continue their good form
St Kevins - Will be a closer game than everyone thinks
GI - Batting too strong
Mulgrave - Easy
Ashburton - Continue on their winning ways but will be a close one
Deepdene - end this poor start to the season
MA - too strong, Boronia disappointing
Skevies - too strong, don't think they will cough up that batting effort again (lost 5/4 after tea needing only 30 to win)
GI - no idea why. Hawthorn in great form
Mulgrave - almost a Monty
Ashburton - get their "large" recruit back for this game. But there is always the Binney factor!

Deepdene - end this poor start to the season
MA - too strong, Boronia disappointing
Skevies - too strong, don't think they will cough up that batting effort again (lost 5/4 after tea needing only 30 to win)
GI - no idea why. Hawthorn in great form
Mulgrave - almost a Monty
Ashburton - get their "large" recruit back for this game. But there is always the Binney factor!
Who is there "large" recruit and why didn't Binney play last game?

Back