Eca 2012/13

For those who are playing Mulgrave in the upcoming games they have Alex Davies who is an 18 year old who plays for lancashire and played for England in the under 19 world cup recently. Made some runs so far. Looks alright. http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/516039.html
How is Boronia pom who got a mention recently going?

I take it you are from North Balwyn then? Thought you boys would have got up??
How did he hit them? One of our guys heard from the MA boys he is all class?
Poms are usually good for a game or 2 then fairly weak! they will make 2 scores a season and that is all. he bowl also?

Surrey Hills vs Deepdene (Deepdene can't seem to take a wicket. Big issue)
Boronia vs Mont Albert (Vance the new Parsons?)
St Kevins vs Marcellin (easily)
Hawthorn vs Glen Iris (When in doubt go the home team)
East Doncaster vs Mulgrave (Adam Dale to take 6?)
Ashburton vs North Balwyn (AW too good)

Just looked over Davies on the espn site. Looks like he's a keeper and a bat. He'll also need heaps of suntan lotion for ranga locks and probably not a razor from the photos.

I take it you are from North Balwyn then? Thought you boys would have got up??
How did he hit them? One of our guys heard from the MA boys he is all class?
Poms are usually good for a game or 2 then fairly weak! they will make 2 scores a season and that is all. he bowl also?

Keep guessing pal. It is just what I have heard round the traps. I just saw boronia's pom's stats and they are very good and only time will tell if they are good but they have both played first class cricket so they must be good players

Surrey Hills vs Deepdene (Deepdene can't seem to take a wicket. Big issue)
Boronia vs Mont Albert (Vance the new Parsons?)
St Kevins vs Marcellin (easily)
Hawthorn vs Glen Iris (When in doubt go the home team)
East Doncaster vs Mulgrave (Adam Dale to take 6?)
Ashburton vs North Balwyn (AW too good)

Don't think Dale is playing any cricket

"RH Opening batsman Mick Torriero played his 300th game for the club last Sunday, 28 October in the 2nd XI at Rathmines Reserve.

Mick joined West Hawthorn in 1983/4 and quickly showed his batting prowess to be a regular 1st XI selection.

In his 30th season at the club, he has played 264 1st XI games, captained the team 4 times including the 2002/03 A-Turf Premiership team and overall, has amassed around 8,700 runs for the club and taken 23 wickets.

Mick's loyalty is huge as he commutes from Geelong to play with the Hawks after many years living down the highway."

Wish there were more great stories like this. We are all lucky enough to play the best game in the world (other than footy) in one of the best comps in Melbourne.

Great bloke, great bat and a shining endorsement to Hawthorn.

Who is there "large" recruit and why didn't Binney play last game?
A bloke named Luke. Came down from Broadbeach in Queensland.

Also some interesting news, AW played a 15 year old debutant in the 1's against ED on Sunday. 0/30 off 8 in his first game. Not a bad effort from the youngester!

Yeah heard about that kid..not a bad little effort. Also had Dale dropped according to the clubs website.
Thanks for that blatant self-promoting of your club Hilfy and Slowerball, now let the real men get back to the league as a whole.

In saying that, it is a great effort that a 15yo got a game in a Dunstan side

Thanks for that blatant self-promoting of your club Hilfy and Slowerball, now let the real men get back to the league as a whole.

In saying that, it is a great effort that a 15yo got a game in a Dunstan side
To be honest any promoting was unintentional. Regardless, I'm more interested to see what other players think about a player of that age to be playing at Dunstan level.

To be honest any promoting was unintentional. Regardless, I'm more interested to see what other players think about a player of that age to be playing at Dunstan level.
I can't imagine it would be that beneficial as a bowler, considering the rules against players under the age of 18 only being able to bowl a certain amount of overs? What is the ruling on that?

Is there a limit on how long a junior can bat?

deepdene- to smash shills (not enough batting,bowling= enough said)
ma- boronia struggling
skevs- easily
haw- this time with the new captain
ed- ad not sure if playing but wait and see
ash- just (match of the round)

I can't imagine it would be that beneficial as a bowler, considering the rules against players under the age of 18 only being able to bowl a certain amount of overs? What is the ruling on that?

Is there a limit on how long a junior can bat?

from what I heard he had to bowl 2 spells of 4 overs. Not sure about the Batting limit.

Was going through the old forums and it made for great reading, but I can't help but think that the forum just isn't the same without the Glen Iris boys pumping themselves up incognito.
North Balwyn and Glen Iris boys both banned from this site. In the past they got holidays from their clubs or the ECA or both for what they wrote.

Was going through the old forums and it made for great reading, but I can't help but think that the forum just isn't the same without the Glen Iris boys pumping themselves up incognito.
I remember when the ECA hosted a forum on their website and at the time it was a Mont Albert boy that was pumping tyres incognito. oh the good old days.

Speaking of pumping tyres: do we pick a team of the year from all and sundry? One from Dunstan and then one from A? Would make an intersting T20 game. All stars from Dunstan vs All Stars from "A" played at lets say Bulleen or Donvale?

Back