Eca 2012/13

Tips for rd6..
Surrey Hills vs East Doncaster - Dale in good form and they got the job done against the premiers (not that they are a measuring stick this season) Thommo to make runs and Dale to rip through SH.
Boronia vs Ashburton Willows - Ashy too talented and Boronia disappointing. Cox Runs
Mont Albert vs Hawthorn - Agree with Match of round . MA will fail soon won't they? 3 batsmen in form.
Deepdene vs St Kevins - StKevs won a close one, always good for confidence, Fernon to make runs.
North Balwyn vs Glen Iris - GI in great form, several contributers which is always a good sign. Armstrong runs.
Mulgrave vs Marcellin - Can't see Marcellin getting up, good win last week but not enough. Pom /Aldons runs.

Tips for rd6..
Surrey Hills vs East Doncaster - Dale in good form and they got the job done against the premiers (not that they are a measuring stick this season) Thommo to make runs and Dale to rip through SH.
Boronia vs Ashburton Willows - Ashy too talented and Boronia disappointing. Cox Runs
Mont Albert vs Hawthorn - Agree with Match of round . MA will fail soon won't they? 3 batsmen in form.
Deepdene vs St Kevins - StKevs won a close one, always good for confidence, Fernon to make runs.
North Balwyn vs Glen Iris - GI in great form, several contributers which is always a good sign. Armstrong runs.
Mulgrave vs Marcellin - Can't see Marcellin getting up, good win last week but not enough. Pom /Aldons runs.
I'd be rapt to see Boronia go down. Stallworthy leading them bravely to A Turf. Not sure about MA, I'm in one of the clubs yet to play them, but they're at 300% which is unusual. Hopefully we are the ones who can knock them off. GI have about half their team playing really well, so they are still my tip for the Premiership.

Tips for round 6

Surrey Hills vs East Doncaster - ED will do the job after a dominant win last week.
Boronia vs Ashburton Willows - Predicting an upset here. AW haven't looked good last few weeks losing to NB and MA quite badly, tipping Boronia to get off the bottom and stun AW.
Mont Albert vs Hawthorn - Match of the round easily. But going with Hawthorn to end the run of MA.
Deepdene vs St Kevins - Skevs easily I think. Batting will get them across the line.
North Balwyn vs Glen Iris - GI will do what they need to do here, classy batting will stand up through Binney.
Mulgrave vs Marcellin - Another upset here. Marcellin to make a big score against Mulgraves lack of bowling

Surrey to bounce back after being on receiving end of a smashing
Ashburton, just cause.
MA, class to get them over line.
STK, close call.
Nth Balwyn, was told last sat GI have 4 out this game.
Mulgrave, also close call.

I'd be rapt to see Boronia go down. Stallworthy leading them bravely to A Turf. Not sure about MA, I'm in one of the clubs yet to play them, but they're at 300% which is unusual. Hopefully we are the ones who can knock them off. GI have about half their team playing really well, so they are still my tip for the Premiership.
Paintball, picking against your own team, not good form. (or are you in the magoos?)

Some decent scores already this week, anything else to report?

Fair to say that SH bowling attack lacks any real quality with ED making 330+. Good to see Thompson back scoring runs, has been a quality batsman for years
Boronia struggled to get a decent score against AW but have them 2 down overnight, still in the game.
Hawthorn don't look to have enough as MA chased down 180 easily last game
Surprising that SKOB only made 146 against DB, surely DB can get the points and get back on the winners list!
NB looked to have done a great job to keep GI to 120 with Binney the destroyer again, 4/56 is worrying though.
Mulgrave made a big score against lack luster Marcellin. Is Mason their gun pom who got the 100?

Interesting results! Agree good to see some of the older guys making runs.. Thommo and Crowley from ED! Who is out in the Ashy game? if Cox is out then definitely game on.
What happened with Haw?? tough deck? was a low scoring rate, someone wasn't in a hurry.
Mulgrave must have played at Marcellin then.. No MadMax I think the pom is Davies (opener).

Davies is the Pom and the bloke who made runs is the young no 3 bloke.
Not sure about Haw/MA but you'd think 185 wasn't enough even with the strong and even Haw bowling lineup. Seems a very uneven season so far. Lots of teams really struggling to win. GI would be very nervous this week, especially with hot weather predicted. A loss this weekend would really throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Any updates re SKOBS and Deep? Parsons take a lot of wickets perhaps? Skobs just travelling?

Good luck to everyone tonight. I'll be watching from the bar.

How'd your club go in the T20? well that might give away who you are - but any comments on the T20's in general? Any clubs taking them seriously? Those pink balls are rubbish!

They are in a world of pain at the moment. Suspect you'll see a much different DB lineup next season. They won a Premiership though, so full credit to them. I'd love to have a Premiership medallion at my place.

Not sure they took it too seriously, looking at the team selected, there were only 3 or 4 Dunstan players picked...
You would think Deepdene would want to start taking ALL games seriously given the coin that is being splashed about down there and the results these 'paid' players are coughing up. Agree with Paintball some disgruntled players who might be looking elsewhere next season

Back