Eca 2012/13

GI - Taylor, Armstrong & Grubich (100%)
Ashy - Cox, Swift, the bloke from Qld (name escapes me), Gotch ?
MA - Pom, Vance, Hargaves

Not interested in the rest, just looking at the best sides
Take your word on GI, but makes sense.
Don't agree Swift any more, but yes in the past.
All Poms get paid so let's assume that, probably Vance, doubt Hargraves - been there forever.

I would think it would be the below:

GI - taylor, grubich
AW - cox, swift
MA - porter, wright
Haw - tongue, wilkinson
Mul - davies, day
SKOB - crawford, fernon
NB - binney, evans
Marc - dinneen, brook
ED - thompson, dale
DB - parsons, hoare
SH - perera, lear
Bor - stallworthy, bowen
I'd suggest the following...

GI - Taylor, Grubich
AW - Queensland bloke
MA - Porter and Vance
Haw - Tongue, Wilko
Mul - Davies
Skobs - Baker
NB - none
Marc - maybe Dinneen
ED - Dale
DB - Parson, Hoare
SH - Perera
Bor - Stallworthy

I'd suggest the following...

GI - Taylor, Grubich
AW - Queensland bloke
MA - Porter and Vance
Haw - Tongue, Wilko
Mul - Davies
Skobs - Baker
NB - none
Marc - maybe Dinneen
ED - Dale
DB - Parson, Hoare
SH - Perera
Bor - Stallworthy

I find it difficult to believe that NB don't pay anyone, especially Evans? Or what about Fernando?

Boronia and SH both have poms don't they?

I find it difficult to believe that NB don't pay anyone, especially Evans? Or what about Fernando?

Boronia and SH both have poms don't they?
I am not 100% certain about NB, but Fernando and Evans are definitely not getting paid. And I can't imagine Binney taking coin.

If Boronia and SH have Poms, then no doubt they are being paid...

Love the conversation topic.
Mont Albert : Hargreaves, Wright, Vance Pom
GI:s Def Grubich & Taylor : Armstrong Sponsors the club he's signs are around the joint
Ashy : Swift, Cox, & Gotch

Vance isn't MA's pom.

Who is Gotch? Can't see him having played a game for AW?

He was mentioned last week as having 'signed', apparently Australian under 19s player (or maybe even captain?). Would have thought he'd be playing district cricket. Fairly decent inclusion I would have thought at this time of year. Can't see scores on the web so maybe its bs.

Seb Gotch; captained the Aus U/19 T20 team in 2011/12. Maybe he was injured during footy season because he hasn't played anywhere else in the 12/13 season?

Edit: in response to frankyoz, he played last Saturday against DB, and also played in their T20 on Tuesday night.

Seb Gotch; captained the Aus U/19 T20 team in 2011/12. Maybe he was injured during footy season because he hasn't played anywhere else in the 12/13 season?

Edit: in response to frankyoz, he played last Saturday against DB, and also played in their T20 on Tuesday night.
Good effort to draw him if he plays out the season. Must be a classy player, but will he think he's too good for this grade, surely?

If Gotch hasnt played for AW prior I thought you needed to play 2 games for your club in the last 2 years in order to be eligible to play 20/20.
Once again Ashburton bending the rules to suit themselves .
nice pick-up to get an ex Australian u/19 captain though ...... will be very handy come finals

I would think it would be the below:

GI - taylor, grubich
AW - cox, swift
MA - porter, wright
Haw - tongue, wilkinson
Mul - davies, day
SKOB - crawford, fernon
NB - binney, evans
Marc - dinneen, brook
ED - thompson, dale
DB - parsons, hoare
SH - perera, lear
Bor - stallworthy, bowen

My interpretations :

GI - taylor, grubich - possibly armstrong also
AW - cox, swift - would have to sling gotch something to get him down
MA - porter, vance - rest of the boys been there for a long while
Haw - tongue
Mul - davies, maybe day
SKOB - none old boys play for the love of the school
NB - lee ( POM ) , fernando , potentially hosking also and i doubt Binney would have to dip into his pocket for a beer all year.
Marc - maybe brook but i also doubt they are paying anyone
ED - Dale only - although i doubt much - ED local and loves his cricket
DB - parsons, hoare
SH - perera
Bor - stallworthy ( paid $1 per shit comment ....... has worked his way up to $7000 year to date )

He was mentioned last week as having 'signed', apparently Australian under 19s player (or maybe even captain?). Would have thought he'd be playing district cricket. Fairly decent inclusion I would have thought at this time of year. Can't see scores on the web so maybe its bs.
What's the story with Gotch being available for Finals?
Also which Poms can stay and which ones go home before the end of the season?

My interpretations :

GI - taylor, grubich - possibly armstrong also
AW - cox, swift - would have to sling gotch something to get him down
MA - porter, vance - rest of the boys been there for a long while
Haw - tongue
Mul - davies, maybe day
SKOB - none old boys play for the love of the school
NB - lee ( POM ) , fernando , potentially hosking also and i doubt Binney would have to dip into his pocket for a beer all year.
Marc - maybe brook but i also doubt they are paying anyone
ED - Dale only - although i doubt much - ED local and loves his cricket
DB - parsons, hoare
SH - perera
Bor - stallworthy ( paid $1 per shit comment ....... has worked his way up to $7000 year to date )
I don't think Tongue would be on the take, would he? I did say it, but he loves the club and I'd doubt he'd be getting paid.

Enough about the money topic.

Who will win from these positions this week?

Surrey Hills 1/8 v North Balwyn 221 - NB should be able to skittle SH and continue their horror season - Binney to take a few
St Kevins OC 214 v Boronia - Boring (as they will be known for the rest of the season) won't get near SKOB and stay on the bottom
Deepdene Bears 199 v Ashburton Willows 2/50 - AW should get the runs they need, depending on who is in the sheds already?
East Doncaster 130 v Glen Iris 5/95 - GI will get them in about 10 overs - get 100 infront and declare and see how they go - every chance to get close to 10 points
Mulgrave 153 v Hawthorn 3/37 - close one here - not sure about mulgraves bowling line up and with Tongue still in, Haw should get them
Mont Albert 197 v Marcellin 4/31 - MA could bowl Marcellin out twice before they reach 200 - also a chance to take 10 which would all but rule out the top 2 spots

• follow us on:

velocitysports.gif

Header%20Seb%20Gotch.jpg

SGotch%20with%20Meyrick%20Buchanan.jpg
A prominent all-rounder, Sebastian Gotch is particularly skillful with the bat. He has a good range of shots to both pace and spin bowling and can also play as a wicketkeeper.
He has been a major contributor at National Youth level for the past three years, representing Victoria, and captained the Australian Under 19 side that toured Dubai to play the West Indies in 2011.
At a Glance

Born: 12 July 1993
Height: 172cm
Weight: 71kg

Batting style: Right-hand bat
Fielding position: Wicketkeeper

Enough about the money topic.

Who will win from these positions this week?

Surrey Hills 1/8 v North Balwyn 221 - NB runs on the board. SH are a small chance at Surrey though.
St Kevins OC 214 v Boronia - God I hope Bor go winless for the year.
Deepdene Bears 199 v Ashburton Willows 2/50 - Got a feeling that Parsons and Hoare can get them across the line.
East Doncaster 130 v Glen Iris 5/95 - Not a huge amount of confidence. Take the Pom out of GI and they are a much different team.
Mulgrave 153 v Hawthorn 3/37 - runs on the board will do it for me
Mont Albert 197 v Marcellin 4/31 - MA should win easily. Marc batting seems quite brittle. Doubt they'll get 10 points though.

my 2 cents worth on payments:
GI - Taylor obviously, Grubich yes.
AW - Priestly (QLD) was their coach, so yes, but has gone now I think. replaced with a gun, paid gun!
MA - Porter obviously, Vance as captain yes. Not wright or Hargreaves, been there years.
Haw - Tongue, Wilko yes.
Mul - Davies obviously.. Days no, been there too long.
Skobs - Baker somehow, Fernon would prob get a bit to keep him there, what else would.
NB - Lee, Fernando definitely. Cashed up out there, new nets and all.
Marc - Nobody, Dineen been there for 50 years, wouldn't ask for coin.
ED - Dale obviously. $1 per up himself comment, had to bring in 15 more sponsors to cover it.
DB - Parsons, Hoare for sure. Parsons deserves every bit of it, also deserves to be playing with decent blokes.
SH - Perera, Lear yes..
Bor - Stallworthy is. not sure why, must have been the sucess of his Hawthorn days...

Back