Eca

Just seen the draw, why r we starting with two day games and the one dayers after christmas?

Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!!!!

Ashb v heathmont, deepdene v bulleen, gi v sh, mar v Mully, hawt v Mont Albert, skevs v norf boring.

Only 1 really decent fixture there in round 1, maybe 2 if bulleen have a similar team to last year

Just seen the draw, why r we starting with two day games and the one dayers after christmas?

does seem odd that they would start with 2 dayers when the weather is usually rubbish in the first few weeks of october and pitches are never ready

will this favour the good sides or the average sides?

Only 1 really decent fixture there in round 1, maybe 2 if bulleen have a similar team to last year

does seem odd that they would start with 2 dayers when the weather is usually rubbish in the first few weeks of october and pitches are never ready

will this favour the good sides or the average sides?
I'm interested in the ashy v Heathmont match too, lotta mixed talk about Heathmont.

You'd say normally the 2 day format favours the stronger teams, however there'll end up being one dayers coz the pitches won't be ready for week 1

Will be so we dont have to use reserve days IMO. we dont play week 1, we play a 1 dayer week 2. realistically we would in theory end up playing more 1 dayers like this. too much sunday cricket for them to have reserve days anymore i think!

Will be so we dont have to use reserve days IMO.

Agree 100%. Round 1 selection challenges clubs getting people available for just one week. Might not be so important in Dunstan but lower grades can struggle for numbers early October.

Pretty certain Premier Cricket and VSDCA start with one dayers.

Might not be so important in Dunstan but lower grades can struggle for numbers early October.

Is obviously just the league trying to cover itself, as you say, upper grades no issues, but teams trying to field a G-turf (btw, G-turf? how are they going to get a ground up in october without covers and presumeably no curator for most grounds!?!) team are going to really battle.

guarentee aggregate destroyer effectively/potentially taking away a 2-day game. ECA trying to stay relevant with the 'young people' as well by shortening our cricket?!!?

Agree 100%. Round 1 selection challenges clubs getting people available for just one week. Might not be so important in Dunstan but lower grades can struggle for numbers early October.

Premier start with a one dayer, but subbies have started with a two dayer for the past five or six seasons I think (for the reasons outlined in one of the posts above).

I'm interested in the ashy v Heathmont match too, lotta mixed talk about Heathmont.

You'd say normally the 2 day format favours the stronger teams, however there'll end up being one dayers coz the pitches won't be ready for week 1
Think this will be a non event according to the apparent omissions at Heathmont and inclusions at Ashy

I like the 2 day start to the season - particularly for higher grades

A few practice matches this weekend

Hawthorn vs Richmond (Premier)
North Balwyn vs Balwyn (VSDCA)
Glen Iris vs Oakleigh (VSDCA)
Heathmont vs Ringwood (Premier)

Next weekend
Mont Albert vs Surrey Hills
Ashy Willows vs Old Carey

Back