Elimination Stages World Cup (quarter Finals, Semi Finals And Finals)

Who do you think will win the world cup?

• South Africa

• Sri Lanka

• Bangladesh

• India

• Australia

• Pakistan

• New Zealand

• West Indies

Results are only viewable after voting.
CWC photos just been updated. **** man! With the footy starting at the G tonight, the World Cup really is now consigned to history. It's going to be at least 12 years before it's back here, but probably more like another 20. I'll be in my 50s then! :eek:

I actually went to have a quick nap in the innings break and overslept to wake up to the presentations :oops: Lucky it wasn't a close game and I missed it, would have been devastating :oops:

Watching the New Zealand innings they looked a bit like rabbits in the headlights but Australia were of course brilliant. I know they say that is the way but the McCullum shot at the top was just reckless and got the ball rolling.

Looking up cricinfo. That was his first odi innings outside NZ since oct13! He was on a hiding to nothing. Had he kept out Starc in that first over, he'd most likely have made a quickfire 20 or 30. It wouldn't have made any difference. The pressure from Australia's bowling was comprehensive.

Looking at the scorecard for the first time. It confirmed in my mind Faulkner got motm because he broke the partnership, getting Taylor out.

McCullum was never going to change his approach that he'd been using successfully in the tournament.

The disappointing thing for me though is he's better than a pinch hitter and that's all he made himself in the tournament. Him scoring a century off 80 balls would help the team more than his 20 ball 50's lol. All hindsight though..

lol Kram81 Kram81 for missing the Australian innings! He'd have been filthy for missing out on seeing Finch go for a duck, even though he was going for Australia. Those foxes and other predators for his chickens have obviously worn him out over the 6 months or so. He finally succumbed!

He'll want to see Finchy gone for a duck, more than seeing Australia get the winning runs! When McCullum was gone, the crowd went beresk and it was loud. But Finch going was just as loud as well.
finchyjqcww.jpg

Just noting for posterity, or if anyone didn't realise. But umpire Richard Illingworth was the last wicket, the match clinching wicket to fall in the 1992 final.1/50 off 10 and 14 off 10 balls. I'm sure they were happy memories for him to return.

It must have been a bit of a decent disadvantage for New Zealand to have not played an ODI in Australia for so long (6 years?) I don't get it though, through the 90s and until the mid 2000s we used to play each other all the time, and even though they often had weakish sides they usually lifted against the Aussies and were pretty competitive.. On the other hand we've had Sri Lanka for what seems like every bloody 2nd or 3rd season..

Should be playing each other a fair bit given they are close and they have their strongest team since, well ever lol.

It must have been a bit of a decent disadvantage for New Zealand to have not played an ODI in Australia for so long (6 years?) I don't get it though, through the 90s and until the mid 2000s we used to play each other all the time, and even though they often had weakish sides they usually lifted against the Aussies and were pretty competitive.. On the other hand we've had Sri Lanka for what seems like every bloody 2nd or 3rd season..

Should be playing each other a fair bit given they are close and they have their strongest team since, well ever lol.

I have some very fond memories of those games through the mid 2000's. Like how Shane Bond took a liking to Australian batsmen. :p

Back