'Exhausted' Tait quits cricket.

AB

'Exhausted' Tait quits cricket.

Shaun Tait has walked away from cricket indefinitely, citing physical and emotional exhaustion. Cricket Australia announced that Tait will be rested from cricket at all levels while he undergoes a program to help him recuperate, and the length of that program will be dependent on his progress.

"This is a very difficult situation for me to be in at this time, this is not an overnight decision but something that I've been struggling with for sometime," Tait said. "A break from professional cricket will hopefully give me a clear mind and a chance for my body to rest and recover.

"My love and enjoyment of the game is struggling due to these issues and if I continue to go on it will be unfair on my team-mates and support staff of both the Australian and South Australian cricket teams - and most importantly my family and close friends."
Full Story

This is quite shocking to say the least. He was quite disappointed after his performance in the Perth test and expected himself to be dropped but I'm sure one would have expected him to quit.

Re: 'Exhausted' Tait quits cricket.

MASSIVE SHOCK!!!!

this bloke is in my top list of fav. cricketers... hes a champ... yet another great player leaving the game

man i thought he would be the worlds fastest bowlers and he is already gone....he was not good in test but he is very dangerous in odi....this will be relief for the batsmen but a loss for australia...

yeah i agree... he wasnt ready for the tese scene YET!...

but 4 sure a great bowler in limited overs cricket... one day he woulda made a great test bowler... but we wont get 2 see that now..

He hasn't actually quit cricket, no fear, folks, he just decided to rest for at least the CB Series, T20 and the rest of the Domestic comp...

Yeah, he just wants time to cool off, get some rest, get himself fit again and refind his love for cricket

but he has not made decision of when to return.....if he just wants to rest for 2-3 months why are they saying he quit cricket indefinitely....that gives wrong impression.

Well according to the report he has quit cricket indefinitely, certainly not retired. I would expect him to return but there is no word on when.

He will return when he feels it is right. Im banking that he will be back training next summer at the latest. If he waits any longer he may never recover that pace and fitness

hell be back why would you quite from the australian cricket team??
thats silly hes jus resting
anyway
there are much better bowlers than him it doesnt matter australia doesnt need him at the moment

Not in the one day format there are. Tait was 1st or second on the wicket taking list for the world cup. Without spud in the CB series team, there wont be many experienced bowlers, just Johnson, Bracken and Hogg

He hasn't quit, he's just taking time out. Good decision if you ask me, it'll give him time to mature slightly, get back to full fitness and to some extent if he does return challange Brett Lee for his crown of the fast man!

Tait is very very inconsistant, i think a break will help him, he can slowly come back into cricket when the time is right. He has the potential to be a quick bowler like those the West Indies had in the golden era. Quick, terrifying and bounce which would and could be an absolute beaut for Australia in an aging attack in Test Cricket.

I think the trash media has built this up into more than it really it, but at the same time it asks questions about the make up of Tait.

I'm not sure if this was announced or leaked but surely this could have been dealt with as quietly as possible without the fan fare? The guy has decided he needs a break, fair enough.

i think he just needs a break to get things sorted out. its good if he will come our better and stronger both physically and emotionally. i hope he returns soon and makes an impact or else a talent like him will be wasted.

Yeah, i mean he only took 23 wickets at 20 during the world cup, behind only GD McGrath. And during the Chappell-Hadlee trophy he only took 5 wickets at 17. So Spud is a terrible bowler, dont give him another run, ever ::)

Back