Favourite Fielding Position

Favourite Fielding Position

• Total voters
Re: Favourite Fielding Position

i think its hit and miss, our best close in fielder was an ex rugby player and he was one of the best fielders i have known! and sledgers! lol

i like the slips but it can get pretty chatty, but points probably favourite cos all the action is there

i prefer fielding at point, but at our standard of cricket there is hardly any action at point, everyone plays cross bat!

Short Cover!

The ideal place for any hyper active, foul mouthed, know it all sledger!

I like to field in the Slips because my coach says I've got quick reflexes. But my captain thinks I would be better at Square-Leg or Short Cover

I fielded there for the first time last weekend, it is way harder than it looks!! I stopped two that came off the guys pads and one that was off his bat but short and I barely reacted to each of them in time!! Much prefer cover or somewhere like that.

i like fielding where the ball comes a lot i hate fielding at fine leg by far the most boringest fielding position :mad:

edladd;259019 said:
:laugh: I see no-one has gone for Silly Point or Short Leg yet. I only know one guy that loved to field in really close - and he was a former international hockey goalkeeper.

i actually really like going with a silly position on the off side, some of the pulls that our bowlers induce are a bit scary on the leg side. the one thing i love about those really close positions is having a chat to the batter that no-one else can hear (or to yourself, such that it gets to the ear of the batsman)

and it's obviously not about bragging rights when the batter crumbles, because no-one heard you.

Mid off

Best place ever, you can chat to the bowler. You get the ball all the time, and play around with it while passing it to the bowler. You get the simple mis-timed shots as catches. What else, if the balls been well hit and you can't stop it, its assured to be a four, so you can jog:)

On the boundary. Got a strong arm and love being out there.

Mid off or mid on.

Love the chase of the ball or catching that badly timed straight drive.

I prefer a sort of stopper position in gully. I can take a reflex catch but I'm usually there to stop the mis-hit cover drives which would sneak through gully.

Back