Fisher Bats

Re: Fisher Bats

Haven't heard of them either - I assume it's an Aussie only company? Can't find any reviews online either, but they do look good. Professional looking website and branding - good celtic design ;)

Can't go too far wrong with a handmade english willow bat - and there's a decent warranty. Most of the personal choice of a bat comes from handling it though. Would you be able to get in to test the pick-up before you buy it?

Have had three in my short career so far and they are the best bats that I have ever had. It is the best buy that you could possibly make, hand crafted and just a perfect centre for the ball to come off.

Probably only down side would be that they seem to have a relative short life span but other then that just awesome.

They are a great bat ... have had one before and they are quality . However ..... because of the higher quality of the wood there life span will be shorter then a lower grade willow or wood that has been bleached .
But the performance of them is sensational , I started using hand made crafted/boutique brand bats about 4 seasons and haven't looked back .

Definitely worth the $$$$ .

go in and see if you like the feel of them.

personally im not a fan, they feel foreign in the hand and there is no meat in the toe at all, and a lot of them at my club break at the toe

Im looking at a good, long life span bat, as they are just so expensive to replace, any ideas?

That is the million dollar question.

You can't put any guarentees on a piece of willow, no matter how good/bad the bat maker is. Willow is a natrual material and although great care (mostly) is taken when choosing clefts, you will always get varying times before the bat breaks or deadens.

To be honest you'll get (on average) about 3-5 seasons out of any bat but you have to bear in mind that it is only an average. Some bats could have an unseen flaw and break in two after the first ball, some may be going strong 10 years on.

If your bat does go unreasonably quick then most makers will offer to replace it free of charge, or to offer a large discount on a new one (if it went after a few months for example).

With Fisher bats in mind, they seem to be a solid company and the guy is happy to have photo and name branded on the site. They seem very open and personally, I'd be happy to buy from them. Check out their terms and conditions and if in any doubt e-mail them and ask.

Yea they have a two year warranty on the blade, 1 year on the handle, and as long as I dont use it with the bowling machine I should be right to get it replaced if it breaks.

With that in mind I'd be happy to get a bat from them. They are being pretty up front and that isn't too shabby a warranty at all.

I got one recently and I am very happy with it. I let one of the guys in my team use it in the nets and he said it was the best bat he has ever used and he works for a big and well known bat company.
The Fisher is $470.00 for a custom bat which is a bargain. And this guy has made bats for test players who just put there sponsors stickers on them.

I don't own one personally, but have played with, and against, many people that do.

I've probably had hits with 4 or 5 different makes though. Incredible bats- probably one of the best bats you can get in that price range. And customisation just emphasises that fact.

Although I don't know Lachlan Fisher personally, i've had him fix a couple of my bats, and he's had a long standing partnership with our association. He is an absolutely solid operator, and i've never heard a negative word about him.

mas cambios;275499 said:
Sounds a top guy, shame he's not in the UK!

When I was younger I had a sponsorship with GN. I have just started playing again after 3-4 yrs out of the game and purchased a fisher bat.

Without a doubt the stick that I have purchased is the best stick I have used and I have had plenty of top of the range bats from GN.

If you are thinking of purchasing a bat, do yourself a favour and go into fisher and have a chat with Lachlan.

kingy;275639 said:
When I was younger I had a sponsorship with GN. I have just started playing again after 3-4 yrs out of the game and purchased a fisher bat.

Without a doubt the stick that I have purchased is the best stick I have used and I have had plenty of top of the range bats from GN.

If you are thinking of purchasing a bat, do yourself a favour and go into fisher and have a chat with Lachlan.

there definatly a driving bat...light back lift ang goo pick up

My old bat broke recently, and I picked up a new Fisher custom yesterday as a replacement.

Take everything i've said previously and multiply 100 fold. Lachlan is an incredibly nice guy, and was an absolute joy to talk to and work with - and his bats are fantastic. Far and away the best bat i've ever purchased.

MV!;287408 said:
My old bat broke recently, and I picked up a new Fisher custom yesterday as a replacement.

Take everything i've said previously and multiply 100 fold. Lachlan is an incredibly nice guy, and was an absolute joy to talk to and work with - and his bats are fantastic. Far and away the best bat i've ever purchased.

lauchie is a close and personal mate of mine...but all that aside not only does he make the best hand crafted bats going, i feel that the life span of the bat is second to none!! the factory produced bats do not even come close...a ripper bloke to boot...so if anyone needs a bat make the drive to west footscray, you'll find it well worth your while!!:D

Back