Food, food, food - Inspire me!

MV!

Food, food, food - Inspire me!

To the food buffs - I'm looking to start a cook book of sorts, specifically tailored to cricket: I'd love to get a list of peoples pre and post- training and match day meal and snack ideas!

Also, healthy and interesting lunch break ideas would be great. Something that might just inspire people to avoid the lamingtons and biscuits.

Re: Food, food, food - Inspire me!

Sounds like a good idea!
I think you cant go past the sliced
watermelon as a tea break snack.

Right now I am loving home made cranberry oat brownies. I have one at tea and one after the game for a healthy and tasty snack (combined with some veg of course)

They are really easy to make as well.

micoach;26933 said:
Right now I am loving home made cranberry oat brownies. I have one at tea and one after the game for a healthy and tasty snack (combined with some veg of course)

They are really easy to make as well.

Oooh, recipe? Anything in browny form is great!

I picked up a fantastic recipe book from David Virgo in Perth, WA last week. It is entitled 'Natural Nutrition Cook Book' and all the recipes are quick and easy to follow. It contains juice, sauces, dips, snacks, soups, salads as well as main meals and deserts. I mean… can you believe there is such a thing as a healthy hot dog or muffin? The power pancakes are a must try!

I have been a huge fan of David’s for some time, from cricket fitness through to life style improvers. See if you can get hold of a copy.

The Abs Diet book put out by Men's Health Magazine is pretty good. It has a lot of information about general health principles (exercise, proper nutrition, etc), and it has quite a few recipes for healthy eating. Well worth a read if you can get it!

i eat pasta with tomato sauce before every match in the evening and have cerial and a bannana before morning or mid day games

MV!;27034 said:
Oooh, recipe? Anything in browny form is great!

You will need:

1.5 cups oats (ground up into powder in a food processor)
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1 cup Splenda
1/3 cup dried cranberries
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

2/3 cup of low fat plain yoghurt
1/3 cup sugar free apple sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
5 scoops of chocolate protein powder

Mix together the oats, flour, slpenda, cranberries, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl

Add the yoghurt, apple sauce and olive oil to a food processor and mix on low. Add the protein powder 1 scoop at a time until blended in.

Pour the mixture into the dry ingredients, add the honey and stir together until it's all mixed together into a blob.

Pour the dough into a cooking dish and bake at gas mark 4 (350 Fahrenheit, 180 Centigrade) for 10-12 minutes. Take it out before it cooks too long as it is supposed to be moist and chewy.

Back