GAMES/QUIZ Thread.

You scored 36 out of 40
Hooray, fantastic Quizdict fan! You've shown your mastery of our quizzes like a skilled magician performing a magic trick.

The four I missed were all westerns, not my fav tv shows as a kid.

Last edited:

You scored 36 out of 40
Hooray, fantastic Quizdict fan! You've shown your mastery of our quizzes like a skilled magician performing a magic trick.

The four I missed were all westerns, not my fav tv shows as a kid.
Would have expected that from you since this is familiar territory for you.:thumbsu:

Was lucky to have seen at least some of them. I'd venture to say that my result is better than that of most of my countrymen.
quiz60.jpg

You click on the right mouse button and then on "screenshot" and see this:
screenshot.png

You then draw the cutting where you'd like it to be , click on copy and paste it where you'd like it to be.

A General Knowledge quiz for Jessica.

Medium Level I:​

1. What name is given to the line on a ship's side showing the limit of legal submersion when loaded with cargo under various sea conditions?
  2. Which country is the natural habitat of the emu?​
  3. Who created the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot?
  4. In which European city is the Trevi Fountain?
  5. On precisely what date did the Victorians celebrate the start of the twentieth century?
  6. What line from the film Jaws made the AFI's 100 Greatest Movie quotes of all time?
  7. How many Bronte sisters were there?
  8. In which British city did Burke and Hare sell corpses to Dr. Robert Knox?
  9. Which artist painted urban landscapes with people often referred to as "matchstick men"?
  10. Goulash originally comes from which country?

1. What name is given to the line on a ship's side showing the limit of legal submersion when loaded with cargo under various sea conditions? The pump line (Plimsoll Line)
    🤗
  2. Which country is the natural habitat of the emu? Australia (tick)🙃
  3. Who created the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot? (Agatha Christie)
    🤔
  4. In which European city is the Trevi Fountain? (Rome)
    🤔
  5. On precisely what date did the Victorians celebrate the start of the twentieth century? (1st January, 1901)
    🤔
  6. What line from the film Jaws made the AFI's 100 Greatest Movie quotes of all time? We're gonna need a bigger boat (tick)
    👀
  7. How many Bronte sisters were there? 3?(tick)🤔
  8. In which British city did Burke and Hare sell corpses to Dr. Robert Knox? London? (I'd have said London too) It is Edinburgh.
    😮
  9. Which artist painted urban landscapes with people often referred to as "matchstick men"? (🤔) L S Lowry.
    🤔
  10. Goulash originally comes from which country? Germany (Hungary)
    🤓

Last edited by a moderator:

Have helped you with the answers Jessica.
  1. What name is given to the line on a ship's side showing the limit of legal submersion when loaded with cargo under various sea conditions?
  2. Which country is the natural habitat of the emu?​
  3. Who created the Belgian detective Hercule Poirot?
  4. In which European city is the Trevi Fountain?
  5. On precisely what date did the Victorians celebrate the start of the twentieth century?
  6. What line from the film Jaws made the AFI's 100 Greatest Movie quotes of all time?
  7. How many Bronte sisters were there?
  8. In which British city did Burke and Hare sell corpses to Dr. Robert Knox?
  9. Which artist painted urban landscapes with people often referred to as "matchstick men"?
  10. Goulash originally comes from which country?
Great quiz Richie 🤗
Some of your questions stumped me! 😆

Last edited by a moderator:
Back