GCA Divison 1 Previews and Predictions

Re: GCA Divison 1 Previews and Predictions

MMM;363186 said:
Fair enough but in racing terms, BPH and North have a few duck eggs in there from line. Just suggesting they show a little bit first, then make the big predicitions.

Yeah...did u not realise that YOU yourself has put BOTH bph and north in your top 6? Over Joey's no less....yet ur hating other blokes for doing it? Im lost.:confused:

Second XI At Best;363340 said:
Yeah...did u not realise that YOU yourself has put BOTH bph and north in your top 6? Over Joey's no less....yet ur hating other blokes for doing it? Im lost.:confused:

My error, had Joeys 6th, then the other 2.....

Games for Rd 1 and tips

SOUTH BARWON v Geelong West
BELL POST HILL v North Geelong
EAST BELMONT v Manifold Heights
Geelong City v LEOPOLD
St Joseph's v LARA
Newtown v GROVEDALE

Feel free to have a go and we might keep a running total.

South Barwon v Geelong West
Bell Post Hill v North Geelong
East Belmont v Manifold Heights
Geelong City v Leoplod
St Joseph's v Lara
Newtown v Grovedale

South Barwon v Geelong West
Geelong City v Leoplod
St Joseph's v Lara
Newtown v Grovedale

Good Luck to everyone on the weekend, hope all games get on. . .

Couple these games wont even commence will they? Draw is a point!!

South Barwon v Geelong West- Draw
Geelong City v Leoplod
St Joseph's v Lara
Newtown v Grovedale

Second XI At Best;367801 said:
Couple these games wont even commence will they? Draw is a point!!

South Barwon v Geelong West- Draw
Geelong City v Leoplod
St Joseph's v Lara
Newtown v Grovedale

It was a tight game against West, cannot believe though that Brad could not even score a single off the last ball to get us past their score !!

Alright I'm doubtful that we'll get a Season Preview for GCA Div 1 in the paper tomorrow so I'll give you an unbiased club preview.

NORTH GEELONG​
Arrivals: Mitchell Troy (North Shore), Andrew Fergusson (Modewarre), Marco Sticca (Preston), Matthew Baum (Marshall), Tim Fergusson (Dunno)

Departures: None to note

Young Players to Watch: Dom McGlinchey and Shaun Kingwell both got some exposure in the first eleven last year, and would be likely to get more names under their belt this year. Both will be looking to improve on last years performances, and at the age of 16 and 17 respectively, both could have big futures ahead of them if they keep a good head on their shoulders.

Key Players: With the bat, a lot of pressure will be relieved on Sam Hall and Col Millard with the addition of Troy, Fergusson and Sticca to the line up. Alf Clark will slot nicely into the middle order, and isn't too far off breaking Jack Sing's runs record. With the ball, North will be much the same as last year, adding both Fergusson and Troy, who both took a lot of wickets on lower divisions last year. Brad Scown will be the key, and will be aiming to improve on last years 25 plus wickets.

Prediction: Finishing 7th last year or "best of the rest", and with the additon of some key players to bolster the batting and bowling stocks, the Magpies would be expected to make the finals this year.

ants14;367824 said:
Alright I'm doubtful that we'll get a Season Preview for GCA Div 1 in the paper tomorrow so I'll give you an unbiased club preview.

NORTH GEELONG​
Arrivals: Mitchell Troy (North Shore), Andrew Fergusson (Modewarre), Marco Sticca (Preston), Matthew Baum (Marshall), Tim Fergusson (Dunno)

Departures: None to note

Young Players to Watch: Dom McGlinchey and Shaun Kingwell both got some exposure in the first eleven last year, and would be likely to get more names under their belt this year. Both will be looking to improve on last years performances, and at the age of 16 and 17 respectively, both could have big futures ahead of them if they keep a good head on their shoulders.

Key Players: With the bat, a lot of pressure will be relieved on Sam Hall and Col Millard with the addition of Troy, Fergusson and Sticca to the line up. Alf Clark will slot nicely into the middle order, and isn't too far off breaking Jack Sing's runs record. With the ball, North will be much the same as last year, adding both Fergusson and Troy, who both took a lot of wickets on lower divisions last year. Brad Scown will be the key, and will be aiming to improve on last years 25 plus wickets.

Prediction: Finishing 7th last year or "best of the rest", and with the additon of some key players to bolster the batting and bowling stocks, the Magpies would be expected to make the finals this year.

Yer pretty unbiased for me, sounds about right to me, but I'd go closer to top 4, finishing at 4. but you are my smokey.

At South they were sailing over our heads but If you're playing them at Lara you may be half a chance to get him caught on the boundary.

ants14;375615 said:
how good is yates south boys?
potential weaknesses?

He made Bambury look 2nd rate, which is scary!
Very strong and likes to walk at the batsman.
Just went about his business and seemed to be a good bloke.
Hornet did have him in trouble just outside off stump.
Had plenty of very low nicks go through the slips and gully.
But nothing carried.
Handled everybody else with ease.
Loves to play leg side (cow corner) and hits a very long hard ball.
But as mentioned, the only weakness seemed to be just outside off stump.
Handy pick up and $15000+ well spent I'd say!

What is the go with North Geelong's wicket ? 17 dismissals for less than 170 runs ?? Can't tell me the bowling was just sensational ??

cheer_cheer;379044 said:
What is the go with North Geelong's wicket ? 17 dismissals for less than 170 runs ?? Can't tell me the bowling was just sensational ??
the wicket was a road... haha nahh i dunno wat happened... stayed a bit low at 1 end apparently but i dont think too many of the wickets were because of the pitch

I Bowl Meat Pies;379046 said:
the wicket was a road... haha nahh i dunno wat happened... stayed a bit low at 1 end apparently but i dont think too many of the wickets were because of the pitch

the deck wasn;t that bad, both sides bowled real well. only one wicket was a result of the pitch i think

ants14;379059 said:
the deck wasn;t that bad, both sides bowled real well. only one wicket was a result of the pitch i think

must have been one Ants bowled Yelland which kept a bit low !!

na mate, i just got a good ball, nipped back between bat and pad. too good for me. tim ferguson's lbw rolled virtually, which was the only pitch enforced wicket i reckon

thommy_rissole;361790 said:
Grovedale
South Barwon
Lara
East Belmont
Geelong West
BPH

St Josephs
Leopold
North Geelong
Manifold
Newtown
City

Most Runs: Cairns, Alex.
Most Wickets: Hauenstein, Brad.

St Joeys to slip without Hodgson at the top of the order, Lara to improve with the inclusion of the Ballarat CA players.

Something you won't read in the paper: City continues winning streak.
Something you will read in the paper: Hornett does it again.

How'd are everyone's predictions from the start of the season looking heading into the final round?

Ladder is:

Grovedale
West
East Belmont
St Joeys
Lara
North Geelong

South Barwon

Most Runs: Fanning 627 (leads by 100+ over Bambury)
Most Wickets: Tsitas 31 (leads by 2 over Scown)

ants14;360463 said:
Ladder
North Geelong
South Barwon
East Belmont
Geelong West
Bell Post Hill
Leopold
---------------
St Josephs
Grovedale
Newtown & Chilwell
Lara
Geelong City
Manifold Heights

Most Runs
Andrew Fergusson (NG), Andrew Baars (EB)

Most Wickets
Brad Scown (NG), Brett Anderton (SB)

Most Improved
Leopold, North Geelong

Shows how much I knew at the start of the year. To be honest though, when I did this ladder, I'd heard Harps wasnt going to be playing for Grovey, and I didn't know about the Pom, so I thought they'd only have Yelland as there key bowler.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;360497 said:
Ladder
South Barwon
Bell Post Hill
St.Josephs
East Belmont
Lara
Geelong West
---------------
Grovedale
Geelong City
North Geelong
Leopold
Manifold Heights
Newtown & Chilwell

Most Runs
Alex Cairns (BPH), Ben O'Brien (LEO)

Most Wickets
C.Ford (SB)

Most Improved
Bell Post Hill

Not a great effort, what was I thinking having City that high:eek:

I'm Tipping North Geelong will knock off South this week on the back of a Fergie ton;)

Back