GCA1 Grand Final Venue

Where should the GCA Division 1 Grand Final be played?

• East Belmont (Winter Reserve)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Barwon (Renyolds Reserve)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Geelong Cricket Club (Main Oval)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Newtown (Stinton Oval)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Geelong West (Western Oval)

• St Joseph's (Zampatti Reserve)

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: GCA1 Grand Final Venue

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;299536 said:
Where should the GCA div1 Grand Final be played at?

I voted for the Geelong cricket ground, followed up close second by Newtown. Both great grounds to take the eskys down to and get loose on the grass. Have to go with Geelong though because it's central. Also it would be painful to see Newtown make any bar profits, not that they would be getting any of my hard earned. Slab of blondies in the Jayden Lesky. Hopefully South make it so i can abuse Babbsy, Ando and Boydy.:D

supersaintjohnny;299604 said:
I voted for the Geelong cricket ground, followed up close second by Newtown. Both great grounds to take the eskys down to and get loose on the grass. Have to go with Geelong though because it's central. Also it would be painful to see Newtown make any bar profits, not that they would be getting any of my hard earned. Slab of blondies in the Jayden Lesky. Hopefully South make it so i can abuse Babbsy, Ando and Boydy.:D

Don't plan on playing in the BPCA GF this season mate:confused:

I voted for Newtown, just the best place for it. Geelong will never be available for local cricket IMO prob have Kardinia Cats v Nelson Park on there instead:rolleyes:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;299613 said:
I voted for Newtown, just the best place for it. Geelong will never be available for local cricket IMO prob have Kardinia Cats v Nelson Park on there instead:rolleyes:

If Newtown can get the square and wickets sorted out, it would be a great place for it. It was the most abrasive pitch that I have played on. I think that it needs to have at least a little in it for bowlers

right arm medium;299656 said:
If Newtown can get the square and wickets sorted out, it would be a great place for it. It was the most abrasive pitch that I have played on. I think that it needs to have at least a little in it for bowlers

Apparently the square will be in top condition after the break.

And there's no way they'd leave anything in it for the seamers, the GCA would love to see 600-700 runs scored in the Grand Final apposed to a low scoring game. Although I do agree and think they should leave a bit of grass on all wickets to allow the 1st hour or so to be hard work for the Batting side.

Not sure who voted for Geelong West but there ground is out of action for the whole season so will not be much action on that wicket !! RAM is right with Newtown, their table does need a bit of work, and am not sure whether it will be up to it after XMAS either. With all the outfields now coming up to the level of Geelong Cricket Ground then I am not sure if that ground is going to be in any better condition than what one of the local grounds would be. The two best wicket squares at the moment are East Belmont and South Barwon so these two grounds will definetly be hosting some finals for sure.

For those that don't know, heard a little whisper that Geelong + Kardinia Park West are avialable the same weekend that GCA Div 1 Grand Final is fixtured. Interesting if its played there or the GCA step in and name a ground instead of Grounds Commitee. . . .

Back