Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Bambury need to pull his head in a bit, heard from Lara sources that he's on thin ice. Also, Danny Hughes is unable to play most of the season due to work.
Good keepers are a rarity in the GCA, I'd say for consistency and experience, Breuer would be the one.

right arm medium;226288 said:
Lost all respect for Bambury when he let Tsitas dictate to him in the final v Grovedale. I think Tsitas had 30 odd over for 40. Disgusting.

I would not think Brad would be the best bowler in the league. Cannot see him being the man to rip through batting line ups. Tsitas, Quick, Marsland, Anderton, are all more capable of ripping batting line ups apart.

Keeper... for pure glove work, you do not see Breuer make mistakes. Rate Anderson pretty highly as well. Kelson is steady, and keeps well to Tsitas. Best bat of the lot.

I am not sure if Bambury has much respect from anyone in the comp! But himself!!! Word is he might be heading back to Ballarat.

Brad would be certainly the most consistant bowler.A s for cleaning up teams, your probably right. But, God knows how Tsitas gets so many wickets. You just need to be patient with him and frustrate him and your set.

Anderson is a very good keeper. Good call. But did he actually keep last year? The word is Breuer has retired from keeping this year. Very sore as he has kept for 20 years. Stuffed legs and hands.

bangladesh_8;226277 said:
People thoughts on theses in the GCA 1 league?
best batsman - Gary Kelson from Grovedale
best bowler - Brad Hauenstein from Sth Barwon
best wicketkeepr - ????
best all rounder - Brad Hauenstein from Sth Barwon

Talarico
Agg
Hassett
B Hauenstein

Schnik.........yeah!!!!!;226291 said:
Bambury need to pull his head in a bit, heard from Lara sources that he's on thin ice. Also, Danny Hughes is unable to play most of the season due to work.
Good keepers are a rarity in the GCA, I'd say for consistency and experience, Breuer would be the one.

Danny would be sadly missed from the GCA!!!! NOT!!!! Hasn't he got a 3 or 4 game suspension to deal with before he starts in 08/09?
If Danny only plays a few games and Bambury heads back to the bush, say "Goodbye" Lara!
I think Hughes got a job as cop didn't he?
Gee, Breuer would have to be one of the longest serving 1's keepers in the comp I reckon. No wonder he has pulled the pin!

Hassett doesnt keep anymore. Him and Sutho from Highton were the best I have seen in recent years.

Well you blokes dont miss anyone....I dont play at Lara but have it on good mail
Bambury will be at Lara for sure and as for skating on thin ice i wouldnt think so they over achieved like anything last year.
Danny Hughes will miss the first 3 games but is well and truly back after that...

MMM;226296 said:
Well you blokes dont miss anyone....I dont play at Lara but have it on good mail
Bambury will be at Lara for sure and as for skating on thin ice i wouldnt think so they over achieved like anything last year.
Danny Hughes will miss the first 3 games but is well and truly back after that...

That is a shame!!
The GCA would have been a much better comp without those two guys playing in it!
They will be a good side again this year!

Well i have been on the recieving end from Bambury and he is actually not a bad bloke off the ground but on the ground there aint a lot worse...

i think the GCA as far as good players go is in a pretty fair place, if they only could only get there best side to country week, they'd wipe the floor of everyone.

MMM;226299 said:
Well i have been on the recieving end from Bambury and he is actually not a bad bloke off the ground but on the ground there aint a lot worse...

I 100%!!
He still doesn't mind himself once he is off the ground. But the man can bat.

Fair enough we all have our opinions thats why we are on here....
Are grovedale keeping the same side as last year..

The City line up being strengthened by Linsday and Pitts returning, as well as Jarvis and Down to build on solid seasons last year. Marsland spearheading this attack, City could be there abouts next year!!! Need to drop kent Agg down the order and let him bowl more. They might be the smokey.

Mind you, alot of players at City would be pretty damn upset by the loss of Millard to North Geelong. I hear he settled in very well with the boys and will be sadly missed!

I also heard they are chatting to Scowny!

MMM;226302 said:
Fair enough we all have our opinions thats why we are on here....
Are grovedale keeping the same side as last year..

They reckon Harper will be playing 2's. But it is very hard to believe. Lost Bogan to East I think. So, they will be a bowler or 2 short (maybe) in the 1's. Baz will have to bowl 35 overs instead of 25 each game.

Well if T Agg is not playing although Lindsay is a gun, they still need to improve heaps, there bowling is only just and they may rely to heavily on Lindsay. They'll certianly be better.
Clearly Grovedale and East Belmont are the 2 best sides, but id find it hard to see South barwon going that well again they rely to much on Brad...
Lara again may struggle to capture last years form and geelong West and St joeys may improved but again those 2 lack depth in there bowling...

yer grovedale are keeping the same side and with sean bogan goin to east belmont this year looks like harper might hav to stay in the ones for the 1st few games and see where the team is at......it might be mark baker last year playin ones at grovey aswell cause he was goin to give it away last year mid way though cause of his form but then he truned it on in the finals soo he will hav one more crack in the ones this year and see how he goes and the team

City will definately be stronger this year.

Is Stacey going to West? BPH could be gone without him if they dont pick up anyone.

Have newtown done any recruiting?

Gee, I would have thought a premiership would have been the perfect way for Bakes to retire.

I actually think South will be a better side or as food as with the experience they would learnt last year. They needed a spinner and they have now got that in Babbs.They need to strengthen the top order as last year only Breuer made around 300 runs out of the top 3 batsman. They do bat down to 10 though! With Moore going to South, he can open which should help them! Good young talent.

But yes, Grovedale and East will be the best bets again. The rest of the top 6 is wide open to most sides. Lara and South should be safe leaving Joeys, Leopold, City, West and Newcomb to fight out the last 2 posi's.

Stacey to stay at BPH but the rumour of west has been strong for a while. Newtown going with the kids.....

Walk'em;226311 said:
Gee, I would have thought a premiership would have been the perfect way for Bakes to retire.

I actually think South will be a better side or as food as with the experience they would learnt last year. They needed a spinner and they have now got that in Babbs.They need to strengthen the top order as last year only Breuer made around 300 runs out of the top 3 batsman. They do bat down to 10 though! With Moore going to South, he can open which should help them! Good young talent.

But yes, Grovedale and East will be the best bets again. The rest of the top 6 is wide open to most sides. Lara and South should be safe leaving Joeys, Leopold, City, West and Newcomb to fight out the last 2 posi's.

You may be right but still reckon South and Lare vulnerable....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back