Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

fineleg2fineleg;226669 said:
I do! So you think the big fella is a c*nt do you? Thats a bit rough. Seems to be very competitive on the field but a ripper bloke off the field.
Anyway, I just thought him being called a c*nt was a step to far!
But again, thats what this forum is all about!

callin someone a c#nt is a friendly term from our side of the tracks brother

I know Ando. Played footy with him a few years back + cricket. Greatest bloke off the field that you could meet.
Also word on the street says south barwon have picked up a young Mick Kenneady from Colac...he's a run making machine up there, won a couple of premierships for Illawarra...any confirmation on this? Because he is up there with the likes of Loftus in the batting stakes..

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;226555 said:
they only just payed blokes last year for the previous 2 years, i don't think hally would be on much if he has accepted it as a non playing coach.

it's going to be intresting with st albans not clearing there 2 best juniors Ryan Mills and Chris Hester, apparently there's a rule wair your jnr's have to play so many games at a club before they can leave and with a turf wicket going in that can't be an excuse.
I think its a good rule, i meen you can't put years of work into a kid and have him up and leave, going to vca is differant and the club would back them to go there but NDCC? no chance, they where on permits last year. whats people's thoughts on this?

clear them.looks like they dont need them the way they are picking up players or they mite when the money runs out.????????????

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;226636 said:
haha yeah he's a wanka, he aint with any club but knows all this? how? im suprised ppl would even speak 2 u 4 u 2 get 2nd hand info mayb its just made up, was anything he said close to the truth about ando & castle? castle still plays there now doesn't he?
Any1 with the real story please clean this dribble up

im surprised people talk to him cos i know who he is.

ando played up and left and even though hes a good bloke hes not welcome back at the moment and he prob doesnt want to anyway. who knows about the future gary will always be there. castle is playing this season when not working and is mates with everyone. mahono had a bit of a personality clash with castle years ago which flared up a couple seasons back but thats between them.

cant believe you started this forum but spread the most bullshit.

Schnik.........yeah!!!!!;226310 said:
City will definately be stronger this year.

Is Stacey going to West? BPH could be gone without him if they dont pick up anyone.

Have newtown done any recruiting?

not alot of recruiting, talking to a few i think but you know how it is this time of the year

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;226600 said:
yeah i mustn't of read it right, calling him a superstar? so wots ando then if he's better then marsland?
and don't forget city is only 1km up the road, if where nuffys fair chance u's r 2.

hows life going at city knowing your never going down 2 div2 regardless of performance?[/QUOTE]

hahahah shanebourne wins the point

Bringbackwarney;226626 said:
which suprises me they do coz there no good and will never be why they've got all that dead wood around and in the committee.
There is alot of people holding the club back and it will never be a consident div1 team. the one that stands out is what happen to Gavin Castle and Brett Anderton ( i know ando can be a handful as i stated in an earlier post) but im pretty sure he's heart was at thomson with the family history.
When you have players running around in the two's that are no good and have never been any good ie. S.Newling, J.Bowman, A.Wray, A.petterwood and J.dempsey among others who aren't willing to pull the club in the right direction and do nothing but whinge when there is people there who are, thats why they will always be an average div2 team.

I have never been accociated with the club, but know people who have for 30 years and they agree with me and thats why he follows VCA cricket now or don't watch local cricket.

And because of the actions of some of these people brett will never return i wouldn't think.
Bad luck thomson, great for the swans

1. Brett Anderton doesn't want to come back anytime soon as he is a South Barwon required player, i personally am a good friend of Brett's, yes he had a falling out with a few players but he has moved on and so has he, his dad, Gary is still and will always be involed with the TCC, also a life member.
And considering him and brett still live in the same house it would seem they still get along.
2. S.Newling, J.Bowman, A.Petterwood and A.Wray are dedicated committee people who always do whats best for the club. Without them, we would be well worse off.
3. Jack Dempsey is a life member of the club. Enough said.
4. Gavin Castle is a Thomson CC player who happened to play in our final series last season, whom is also a mate of mine, so i don't know exactly what "we" as in Thomson, have done to him.
5. "I have never been accociated with the club, but know people who have for 30 years and they agree with me and thats why he follows VCA cricket now or don't watch local cricket." well maybe you should associate with a club before making a comment.

dickiebird;226631 said:
while were at it........

dream team of tossers ( on the field of course )

1. G. kelson
2. bambury
3. watts
4. D. hughes
5. nelson (c)
6. the other nelson (vc)
7. tsitas
8. koliba
9. k. ford
10.chris kelly
11. greenhaulgh

great team. have i missed any

Gavin Nelson is actually a really nice bloke off the field same goes for Chris Kelly. White line fever has a negative affect on people sometimes. I also know Damian DeGrandi well and heard he could be a nut on the field, yet off it you would seldom meet a nicer person. Probably could also throw the following names into that side also; Ian Hastie (Newtown), Craig Allthorpe (GWest), David Roach (when playing), Greg McLeod (Thomson).

I think we also need to cool our jets a bit also. After all, we are here to discuss and offer comment on the GCA, not just slag off at each other on every second post. A good way to turn people away. I have seen forums where people dropped off just because individuals turn the whole message board into slanging matches. Let's get ourselves together. You two or three boys make up and get constructive!!!

thommy_rissole;226708 said:
1. Brett Anderton doesn't want to come back anytime soon as he is a South Barwon required player, i personally am a good friend of Brett's, yes he had a falling out with a few players but he has moved on and so has he, his dad, Gary is still and will always be involed with the TCC, also a life member.
And considering him and brett still live in the same house it would seem they still get along.
2. S.Newling, J.Bowman, A.Petterwood and A.Wray are dedicated committee people who always do whats best for the club. Without them, we would be well worse off.
3. Jack Dempsey is a life member of the club. Enough said.
4. Gavin Castle is a Thomson CC player who happened to play in our final series last season, whom is also a mate of mine, so i don't know exactly what "we" as in Thomson, have done to him.
5. "I have never been accociated with the club, but know people who have for 30 years and they agree with me and thats why he follows VCA cricket now or don't watch local cricket." well maybe you should associate with a club before making a comment.

SO TRUE, tommy_rissole and you bringbackwarney your a ************ fancy slagging people at a club that you know nothing about, keep your comments to yourself if your not associated with Thomson.

Renny24;226719 said:
I think we also need to cool our jets a bit also. After all, we are here to discuss and offer comment on the GCA, not just slag off at each other on every second post. A good way to turn people away. I have seen forums where people dropped off just because individuals turn the whole message board into slanging matches. Let's get ourselves together. You two or three boys make up and get constructive!!!

Fair call Renny! Maybe we should stop slagging each other and other teams and players that we know very little about and concentrate all our negative energy on the old timers at the GCA!!!!!!

anyone heard if BPH and North Geelong have picked up anyone. I know MIllard has gone to North, but apparently there has been a exodus of players from the magpies. I'm thinking if these 2 teams dont recruit, they could be in for a hard season. Also heard that City have picked up 3 players from Geelong as well as Lindsay and Pitts.

Schnik.........yeah!!!!!;226785 said:
anyone heard if BPH and North Geelong have picked up anyone. I know MIllard has gone to North, but apparently there has been a exodus of players from the magpies. I'm thinking if these 2 teams dont recruit, they could be in for a hard season. Also heard that City have picked up 3 players from Geelong as well as Lindsay and Pitts.

If you are calling picking up player from Geelong as their 3rds and 4ths players, I wouldn't call that so much of a pick up. Call it depth in which is what City needs. The only other exit I heard from North was Scowny and he was suppose to be chatting to City as well, but they weren't that happy to throw any cash at him.

fineleg2fineleg;226786 said:
If you are calling picking up player from Geelong as their 3rds and 4ths players, I wouldn't call that so much of a pick up. Call it depth in which is what City needs. The only other exit I heard from North was Scowny and he was suppose to be chatting to City as well, but they weren't that happy to throw any cash at him.

Over-rated. Bowls ok but would never run through a side. Can't bat. Have heard he is a decent coach and bloke though.

I know Ando pretty well, and yeah hes often a nutcase on field, but agree with all u blokes who know him off field. Ripper bloke who likes to have a few pots and get on with life. He doesnt live with his dad anymore, but suppose they get on alright even tho his old man should be captain of that "dream team" of shit blokes floating around!!

Havent heard anything about that colac guy going to south, but they prob need someone who can support Brad a bit better.

Renny24;226787 said:
Over-rated. Bowls ok but would never run through a side. Can't bat. Have heard he is a decent coach and bloke though.

He's a skiddy sort of bowler. Hard to face at times. Can get underneath your guard a bit. He is a good bloke and would just about fit nicley into any team in the comp I reckon.

fineleg2fineleg;226791 said:
He's a skiddy sort of bowler. Hard to face at times. Can get underneath your guard a bit. He is a good bloke and would just about fit nicley into any team in the comp I reckon.

Bit like colin thompson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back