Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

shark bite;227142 said:
o'leary great keeper but did nothing with the bat at city.not the batsman hes made out to be. only a bpca batsman. bennet never made a run in the 1s at ndcc. was to busy mouthing off.
murray is your only batsman capable of making runs consistently

i think you forget O'Leary was 16 when at city, maybe that might have something to do with it and still played 1s, if you don't think he would play in any side in geelong your confused.
Seen blokes in div1 that have big reps that aren't a toe nail of sean.
bennett played in a premiership at NDCC in the 1s in div2 and made a couple of tons along the way.
I would guarentee our team now would be more than competive in div2.
over the last 3 years we have played guild the year they won the flag i think and made 280 in 40 overs they made about 60 at full strenghth and thomson semi-finalist last year and beat them twice once in a prac match and in a t20 fairly convincingly both times

supersaintjohnny;227127 said:
Where else were they supposed to go? it would be sad to see clubs with such a long history fold because they dont have a competition to play in anymore.

they should of left them in the SLCA how can a league go broke? your just playing cricket in the country someone must of been tickling the till!!!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;227147 said:
i think you forget O'Leary was 16 when at city, maybe that might have something to do with it and still played 1s, if you don't think he would play in any side in geelong your confused.
Seen blokes in div1 that have big reps that aren't a toe nail of sean.
bennett played in a premiership at NDCC in the 1s in div2 and made a couple of tons along the way.
I would guarentee our team now would be more than competive in div2.
over the last 3 years we have played guild the year they won the flag i think and made 280 in 40 overs they made about 60 at full strenghth and thomson semi-finalist last year and beat them twice once in a prac match and in a t20 fairly convincingly both times

practise matches and t20's mean nothing.

oleary was older then that it wasnt 14 years ago.
your bowling would trouble any side in geelong with benci if that is true but batting wouldnt stand up. should throw some dollars at a gun batsman like you have to the rest of your side

Babies Arm;227138 said:
they wanna get the grass to grow better than it is now. its all patchy. long wat to go.
i would say east belmont would be on the councils mind first.

im pretty sure there re-doing it for that reason, the new drought proof grass is superb, if you have seen lara during the summer its like a bowling green.

East Belmont wouldn't be in the councils mind it isn't the right size to be the number 2 ground in geelong, perfect for cricket but not so much football.

If east belmont didn't have a great surface it wouldn't be in the top 5 grounds in geelong.

shark bite;227150 said:

your bowling would trouble any side in geelong with benci if that is true but batting wouldnt stand up. should throw some dollars at a gun batsman like you have to the rest of your side

mate your a knob, if you think we wouldn't be a decent div2 team you got no idea.
And im sick of saying only the coach and the asst coach get paid try understanding that.
i agree that practice matches meen stuff all but when where playing thomson and there playing us both teams wanna win i guarentee you that, a few of the thomson blokes hated losing to a "crap hard wicket side" so most gca teams think.
it wouldn't of been far off he played in a flag at st albans 11 years ago so he might of been 18, and whatever we say about sean he doesn't have alot of intrest in cricket he'd rather punt and he cant do that 2 save himself.

shark bite;227150 said:

O'leary is the best keeper batsman in geelong outside borovec im pretty sure of that, he would of been up to GCA1 without a doubt its ridiculous to say he wouldn't.
i remember hearing 2 year ago he got a hundred in the first hour of the day.

Bringbackwarney;227156 said:
O'leary is the best keeper batsman in geelong outside borovec im pretty sure of that, he would of been up to GCA1 without a doubt its ridiculous to say he wouldn't.
i remember hearing 2 year ago he got a hundred in the first hour of the day.

yeah it was at st albans i recken he would of face 40 balls we where 0/109 sean was 101 and poor rory fitzgerald (the corpse with pads) was maybe 5 tops

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;227154 said:
mate your a knob, if you think we wouldn't be a decent div2 team you got no idea.
And im sick of saying only the coach and the asst coach get paid try understanding that.
i agree that practice matches meen stuff all but when where playing thomson and there playing us both teams wanna win i guarentee you that, a few of the thomson blokes hated losing to a "crap hard wicket side" so most gca teams think.
it wouldn't of been far off he played in a flag at st albans 11 years ago so he might of been 18, and whatever we say about sean he doesn't have alot of intrest in cricket he'd rather punt and he cant do that 2 save himself.

i dont think alot people believe you that you are not paying players and they are crossing because your a good club

wiseoldman;227158 said:
i dont think alot people believe you that you are not paying players and they are crossing because your a good club

we dont need to prove it really do we?
i go through it for the last time: J.Murray (coach), C.Jones (asst coach).
last years coach S.Cutajar playing for nothing this year, said he wants some success got offerd coaching job at port, L.Bennett doesn't get any money (got heaps anyway), R.Cutajar comes from bacchus marsh doesn't get paid doesn't want to get paid wants to play in a flag like we all do, M.McKay opening bowler took 25 wickets at 11 last year doesn't get paid played at wallington for years and got smacked every week happy to be in a side thats there abouts doesn't get paid, R.Fitzgerald opens the batting has for last 5 years never got a cent doesn't want a cent.

you tell me who else there is thats on $$$$?

wiseoldman;227158 said:

well said wiseoldman you wouldn just go there to play hard wicket with a bunch of tossers

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;227160 said:
we dont need to prove it really do we?
i go through it for the last time: J.Murray (coach), C.Jones (asst coach).
last years coach S.Cutajar playing for nothing this year, said he wants some success got offerd coaching job at port, L.Bennett doesn't get any money (got heaps anyway), R.Cutajar comes from bacchus marsh doesn't get paid doesn't want to get paid wants to play in a flag like we all do, M.McKay opening bowler took 25 wickets at 11 last year doesn't get paid played at wallington for years and got smacked every week happy to be in a side thats there abouts doesn't get paid, R.Fitzgerald opens the batting has for last 5 years never got a cent doesn't want a cent.

you tell me who else there is thats on $$$$?

none of those players deserve to get paid there crap but there all on a dollar a run. over heard addy saying that last year

shark bite;227161 said:
well said wiseoldman you wouldn just go there to play hard wicket with a bunch of tossers

bunch of tosses? very rich coming from a city bloke, is there a bigger bunch of tossers than you blokes?
everyone thats in that side are good mates, i know thats hard to believe that when like at your club your all arogant dicks!! get your facts right or change the subject to something you know something about!!! do u actually know anyone at st albans?

shark bite;227162 said:
none of those players deserve to get paid there crap but there all on a dollar a run. over heard addy saying that last year

your joking aren't you a $1 a run is there any point? mate your making me laugh shuddup and move on you have no idea seriously hahahaha.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;227164 said:
your joking aren't you a $1 a run is there any point? mate your making me laugh shuddup and move on you have no idea seriously hahahaha.

maybe you should tell your own players to shuddup then skipper instead of telling everyone what goes on down there.
good idea though $1 a run at stalbans wouldnt have to shell out a lot at the end of the season.

shark bite;227168 said:
maybe you should tell your own players to shuddup then skipper instead of telling everyone what goes on down there.
good idea though $1 a run at stalbans wouldnt have to shell out a lot at the end of the season.

yeah mate keep making bullshit up.
and city were really kicking goals last year weren't ya's? should be in div2 what a joke.
we all know y u aint don't we?????

shark bite;227169 said:
only good club men at city who are loyal and not bought

thats because you cant attract anyone else coz your all tosses!!!
i've just made you the scorer of the "team of good blokes" congrats i recken u'll fit right in

geelong city would have to be the most overrated club in the GCA if agg wasnt involved with city they would be in Div 2 or even they would fold and they are a disgraces to the GCA|@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back