Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

tracerbullet;227285 said:
My sources tell me that Lucas texted his interest to the now named St Albans Breakwater coach some weeks ago

Yeah, i messaged Muzz to say g'day. He asked if i was interested in playing there and i said thanks but, no thanks.

I love how messaging a friend turns into me signing up for a club. Oh well.

Lucas;227290 said:
Yeah, i messaged Muzz to say g'day. He asked if i was interested in playing there and i said thanks but, no thanks.

I love how messaging a friend turns into me signing up for a club. Oh well.

So are u staying at A.T?

Schnik.........yeah!!!!!;227289 said:
Bourkey will break records in Div 2! Quality bat!

New thread definately needed, too much tripe getting wheeled around here!

I'll second that!!!!!
It sounds like St. Albans is about to take over the whole comp.
They wouldn't win a game in divi 1, not even with Muzz and Jonesy!
Not enough depth.

If Muzz was really a friend of yours I think you would probably give him a call and not use this forum to grandstand. As for St Albans not being competive in the GCA ask Guilds St Marys 2006 and Thompson 2007 how they fared in their past practice matches against the runners up in the beach cricket comp. All I can say is if and when St Albans Breakwater do play in the GCA some big GCA egos including yours may eat humble pie.

Second XI At Best;227292 said:
So are u staying at A.T?

If I play there is no reason for me to move. Micheal Cox did a very good job last year for the list that the first 11 had. There is going to be some very good players for AT in the future, Luke Davidson, Chris Strods, and Nathan Saunders all have bright futures. And if i am going to play, it would be a silly idea to leave guys like that.

As for grandstanding or whatever. I am just getting the facts right, i was told about this web site and like the idea of it. But i was sick of getting messages off team mates asking what i was doing because they heard this or that.

tracerbullet;227295 said:
If Muzz was really a friend of yours I think you would probably give him a call and not use this forum to grandstand. As for St Albans not being competive in the GCA ask Guilds St Marys 2006 and Thompson 2007 how they fared in their past practice matches against the runners up in the beach cricket comp. All I can say is if and when St Albans Breakwater do play in the GCA some big GCA egos including yours may eat humble pie.

I would love to play against St. Albans, but unfortunatly I don't get to play against divi 2 and 3 clubs in divi 1, So I will never get that chance!!
If Manifold, Highton, AT or Waurn Ponds can't play in divi 1, St. Albans is a looooong way off.
But, I do wish them all the best for next year and the future. Muzza is a ripper bloke and super player and they will learn plenty off him.

gca_ipl;227212 said:
I think the Bambury news in regards to him leaving Lara may be wrong, from our discusions here he is staying at Lara. Also apart from missing the first three games Danny Hughes will probably play the majority of the season. The news at Leopold is Skrobalak is coming across from Torquay and ex Newtown premiership player Harvey Stephenson is playing. I think City may be getting some players from the Geelong lower grades, but has anyone got any names here ? Torquay is bringing back the Pommie Andrew Bourke to come and coach the club over the next few years. He was the one that made 200 (I think) against Thomson a few years ago. Sean Bogan is apparently moving across to East but he changes his mind like the win. Moore will take the gloves off Breuer at South, with Babbs moving from Newcomb to play with his mate Anderton. I think Scown is looking elsewhere but not sure where at this stage. North may have picked up Millard and some un-named quick but believe they have lost Country Week player Mitch Troy and Ash McClean to their former club North Shore and maybe a few others. Sean Arnott is leaving Lara and taking a coaching role at Corio.

yep sure is andrew bourke. smashed thompson everywhere that day he made 200. wicket was a road and it was the short season when there was no grass on the grounds but hes a freak.

fineleg2fineleg;227297 said:
I would love to play against St. Albans, but unfortunatly I don't get to play against divi 2 and 3 clubs in divi 1, So I will never get that chance!!
If Manifold, Highton, AT or Waurn Ponds can't play in divi 1, St. Albans is a looooong way off.
But, I do wish them all the best for next year and the future. Muzza is a ripper bloke and super player and they will learn plenty off him.

Here here, it may make the team better with a couple of good players, but for a club, long term, do you think they will be there for the long haul! It takes a long time to develop a strong club, not just a flash in the pan.

But anyway, looking the a teams and the recruits so far this year, i think Div 1will be very competative, any number of sides can make finals and take it out.

Schnik.........yeah!!!!!;227299 said:
Here here, it may make the team better with a couple of good players, but for a club, long term, do you think they will be there for the long haul! It takes a long time to develop a strong club, not just a flash in the pan.

But anyway, looking the a teams and the recruits so far this year, i think Div 1will be very competative, any number of sides can make finals and take it out.

Your a wise man!!!

Schnik.........yeah!!!!!;227289 said:
Bourkey will break records in Div 2! Quality bat!

New thread definately needed, too much tripe getting wheeled around here!

well said. how about a gca thread so we dont have to hear about bloody st albans.

Lucas;227296 said:
If I play there is no reason for me to move. Micheal Cox did a very good job last year for the list that the first 11 had. There is going to be some very good players for AT in the future, Luke Davidson, Chris Strods, and Nathan Saunders all have bright futures. And if i am going to play, it would be a silly idea to leave guys like that.

As for grandstanding or whatever. I am just getting the facts right, i was told about this web site and like the idea of it. But i was sick of getting messages off team mates asking what i was doing because they heard this or that.

So u never said if you actually WILL be staying/playing at A.T!!
A very diplomatic answer without really answering the question!

ok, good luck to St Albans it sounds like they have some big plans in the future which is a good thing to have. But it is a tough gig to make the division one competition unless you were born there ! No doubt St Albans star players have had some Division One success but we all know that a good 1st XI does not make a club. Need to have depth in all grades so not sure what depth there is at the club. Most likely the first step will be Division Three and the quickest you could get out of that is one season before you get into Division Two. Depending on how you can keep your team together to play Division Three for at least one season will be interesting. It is probably okay now because you are in a seperate league, so are playing at the top level your club can in your competition, but what happens when you do go to Division Three in GCA, will these better players want to stay and play Division Three when they can go to a Division One or Division Two club and play turf each week. I think this is when you will see that you have a great club, if you can get EVERYONE to commit to getting St Albans into a turf cricket comp. I wish you all the best as you's guys are passionate about things, but you need to consider the hard work ahead.

Second XI At Best;227307 said:
So u never said if you actually WILL be staying/playing at A.T!!
A very diplomatic answer without really answering the question!

The "if i play" means if i play cricket at all.

So if i play cricket at all, i will be playing cricket at AT.

I have come on here and cleared it up, so hopfully this is the end of that.

Also i want to know why everyone is hiding behind dodgy handels? The rumors have no substance when nobody knows whos saying what.

Thanks for your comments and support, St Albans Breakwater is a proud club and has had some success in the BPCA in recent years. The decision to move into GCA has not been made at this time, but when you consider players such as Peter Quick and Adam Marsland (Both juniors) have not played at our club due to the lack of turf. It is for this reason that our club now needs to invest in the future juniors who are starting to come thru.

It is well known that no other clubs have been there for our juniors in relation to their development. However they continue to circle like hungry sharks around an injured fish, waiting to strike by luring them off to a turf club. When you consider the facilities at St Albans Reserve and the proposed coming developments(Resurfacing and extentions) we are very excited about our future and we want to ensure that the future Peter Quicks and Adam Marslands remain at our club.

When does or when did everybody's pre-season training start or begin??

Also, did anybody see Brett Lee in the Geelong Footy Clubs rooms after the win on Saturday? Word is he is in town to discuss his future with St. Albans!!!;)
Just kidding!! Couldn't help myself.

tracerbullet;227313 said:
Thanks for your comments and support, St Albans Breakwater is a proud club and has had some success in the BPCA in recent years. The decision to move into GCA has not been made at this time, but when you consider players such as Peter Quick and Adam Marsland (Both juniors) have not played at our club due to the lack of turf. It is for this reason that our club now needs to invest in the future juniors who are starting to come thru.

It is well known that no other clubs have been there for our juniors in relation to their development. However they continue to circle like hungry sharks around an injured fish, waiting to strike by luring them off to a turf club. When you consider the facilities at St Albans Reserve and the proposed coming developments(Resurfacing and extentions) we are very excited about our future and we want to ensure that the future Peter Quicks and Adam Marslands remain at our club.

perfectly put!!!!

all you people that are whinging about the "st albans topic" change the subject your the ones keeping it going.

fineleg2fineleg;227293 said:
I'll second that!!!!!
It sounds like St. Albans is about to take over the whole comp.
They wouldn't win a game in divi 1, not even with Muzz and Jonesy!
Not enough depth.

well do it!!! cya's;)

tracerbullet;227295 said:
If Muzz was really a friend of yours I think you would probably give him a call and not use this forum to grandstand. As for St Albans not being competive in the GCA ask Guilds St Marys 2006 and Thompson 2007 how they fared in their past practice matches against the runners up in the beach cricket comp. All I can say is if and when St Albans Breakwater do play in the GCA some big GCA egos including yours may eat
humble pie.

dunno if teams will eat humble pie. things will change for your club when you get in. probably for the better. if you keep a quality side teams will already have respect for your club.

also, i think south has signed a young quick, Campbell from teesdale???? any word on that??? also i hear lymer leaving bph 2 go 2 shelford???

Babies Arm;227328 said:
dunno if teams will eat humble pie. things will change for your club when you get in. probably for the better. if you keep a quality side teams will already have respect for your club.

matt featherston loves humble pie, with a bit of dead horse. superb!!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back