Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

boo hiss;227600 said:
The Ferg Hey - would sell his family for a bit of cash - ha ha just playing.

Well he aint the only one and we all know who they are - they generally finish with about 300 runs for the season, and a measily 15 wickets - and get paid a fortune for it - have a good look at your selves clubs?

who ever said that Feg and the brains trust was paid $8000 for the year - either good mail or miles off the pace - either way dumb dumb dumb Modda - maybe you should handball your footy club some of that cash - boo hiss to them......

I wonder if guys who say they hate cash grabbers are actually good enough themselves to get it. As for me i dont care either way, if your club wants to be successful you need them as well as your juniors.

MMM;227599 said:
Well done your loyal. Look through sport cricket, football, soccer, any sport you pay peanuts you get monkeys simple as that. The junior thing just doesnt cut it anymore, how many superstar juniors does each club have playing 1's cricket maybe 1 or 2 in each 1st eleven team, most of the guns of GCA are 30 something and have been to more than 1 club. As much as we want the kids to come through there just too many toher things for them to do...

Cricket and Football are totally different.
There is still loyalty in cricket, but there are those that chase money and get a reputation for that. I think that the 2 grand finalists in Div1 last year would be close to having the lowest spend over the past 5 years in player payments.
How much time is spent in committee meetings by clubs looking at getting the right people coaching the kids.
Is there any surprises that South Barwon are going from strength to strength with the amount of time the Haunsteins put into coaching. I swear that Brads car is there everytime I go past.
Clubs will get the most out of their juniors when the put their time into developing them, rather than trying to recruit Smiljanics and Fergys.
Clubs will be shown loyalty when it becomes a trait passed into their juniors from their senior players, and committee.

right arm medium;227605 said:
There is still loyalty in cricket, but there are those that chase money and get a reputation for that. I think that the 2 grand finalists in Div1 last year would be close to having the lowest spend over the past 5 years in player payments.
How much time is spent in committee meetings by clubs looking at getting the right people coaching the kids.
Is there any surprises that South Barwon are going from strength to strength with the amount of time the Haunsteins put into coaching. I swear that Brads car is there everytime I go past.
Clubs will get the most out of their juniors when the put their time into developing them, rather than trying to recruit Smiljanics and Fergys.
Clubs will be shown loyalty when it becomes a trait passed into their juniors from their senior players, and committee.

Well a lovely notion but get real it doesnt work like that. Im sure Brad gets paid and rightly so. As for Div 2 well its a non argument i cant cop a club who wont challenge themselves to step up to the next level. Cricket and footy clubs are exactly the same they all want success and cant get without having good juniors and mercenaries....

The Ferg Hey - would sell his family for a bit of cash - ha ha just playing.

Well he aint the only one and we all know who they are - they generally finish with about 300 runs for the season, and a measily 15 wickets - and get paid a fortune for it - have a good look at your selves clubs?

who ever said that Feg and the brains trust was paid $8000 for the year - either good mail or miles off the pace - either way dumb dumb dumb Modda - maybe you should handball your footy club some of that cash - boo hiss to them......

Hey boo hiss they won a flag and ferg took 40 wickets and made 500 runs. caulfield took 65 wickets and made 350. ??? and they won a flag. What else u want for ya money ?

good call. Basically it is up to the clubs to control what players are getting paid. If the market around town is that no club will pay above salary cap then there is no demand for people to shop around. In the end it comes down to clubs trying to pick up quick premierships but this rarely happens. You might be able to bring in a few decent players for a price but how often does this come off and turn into a flag. You need a strong club ethic before you can expect to have long term success.

right arm medium;227605 said:

grovey must of paid out heaps to attract tsitas, pearce and kelson and prob pay g kelson too

shark bite;227611 said:
grovey must of paid out heaps to attract tsitas, pearce and kelson and prob pay g kelson too

Grovedale may have paid out plenty, but unless your from there and im not so i dont know, you cant tell what the culture is like. because they piad some guys it dont mean htey are not prducing youth. As i said earlier youth is fine but its your 30 somethings that win you flags....

Now Now Cricket Guru you toss, the whole world knows Fergy and Brains Trust went well and won a flag - gee if my mum couldn't get 40 wickets playing for Modda then it is time for the old lady to give it away. Remember the previous year when at North - he could not hardly get a bowl even behind a 50 year old Ross Alymer. Get with it, no wonder they have no money now - winning a flag down there may well hurt them now at their GCA conquest - all reports the money has dried up and it will be a long stay in div 3.

right arm medium;227613 said:
From the outside you would think. Oh and don't forget Muncey as well.

i really dont think clubs pay that much money. maybe you get the odd club pays big bucks one year but wont do it again. plus its chinese whispers round geelong. starts as $500 and ends up being $5000.
money is tight in cricket, memberships and bar taking make up a club so the poorer clubs would be crazy to pay out big dollars.
if a club has a great culture, it will attract good players, not $$$ chasers

So, who do we THINK are the highest paid players in the comp (not including Fergs!)

Bambury would be number 1.
Smelly 2.
Tsitas (or how ever you spell it) 3.
Lindsay 4.

By the way, who cares who gets paid. If they are any good, they deserve it. As long as they don't play in a div that they shouldn't (Big fish small pond)!! I think we know who I am talking about!!!!

fineleg2fineleg;227625 said:
So, who do we THINK are the highest paid players in the comp (not including Fergs!)

Smelly 2.
Lindsay 4.

By the way, who cares who gets paid. If they are any good, they deserve it. As long as they don't play in a div that they shouldn't (Big fish small pond)!! I think we know who I am talking about!!!!

Seeing as the GCA has a salary cap, they must all get paid the same...

MMM;227627 said:
Seeing as the GCA has a salary cap, they must all get paid the same...

Yep, fair call!!! What is the salary cap these days???

Do cricket bats, cricket gear, house repayments, car repayments, oversea's trips, memberships, free p!ss, free food, girlfriends tanning sessions count????

fineleg2fineleg;227632 said:
Mind you with the way he is talking, I reckon Babies Arm is on big bucks at his club!

Lets be honest there is no salary cap but if you can get some why wouldnt you.....Its all our dream to be good enought o make a living out of it...

fineleg2fineleg;227632 said:
Mind you with the way he is talking, I reckon Babies Arm is on big bucks at his club!

why do u say that???
what am i saying??? i think it goes in circles with some of the big names.
some clubs pay and some dont.

Babies Arm;227635 said:
why do u say that???
what am i saying??? i think it goes in circles with some of the big names.
some clubs pay and some dont.

You seem to be defending the guys who go after cash!!!! Mind you, who knows, you might be good enough to earn it.
Are you any good????

fineleg2fineleg;227636 said:
You seem to be defending the guys who go after cash!!!! Mind you, who knows, you might be good enough to earn it.
Are you any good????

as good as u and the next bloke i suppose.

fineleg2fineleg;227625 said:

Smelly 2.
Lindsay 4.

smelly on less than every coach in the comp including ours. so that wouldnt put him in the top 30 odd.
could easily get more elsewhere id reckon but i dont know him yet personally so cant tell ya why hes not.

norfolk and chance;227641 said:
smelly on less than every coach in the comp including ours. so that wouldnt put him in the top 30 odd.
could easily get more elsewhere id reckon but i dont know him yet personally so cant tell ya why hes not.

the thing is n&f, smiljanic is NOT your coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back