Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

right arm medium;228980 said:
Scott is a quality bat. Results last year were not them of the best player in the competition. You have to be from City or Leopold to rate him the best.
Alf looked the best bat I saw last year. I do not think you can look past him for best player in the competition. How long can this run making machine keep going for?

i agree, scott lindsay is a fine player. best no. make the best gca team no. sorry sharkbite, may aswell call you an elliott the way your talkin

shark bite;228958 said:
div 1

most underated- adam pitts
most overated- brett anderton
best- scott lindsay

div 2

most underated- damian port
most overated- adrian salta
best- ricky o'toole

i dont know wether to take you seriously or not sharkbite. are you really a city groupie or a shit taker. you cant be serious with your selections.
pitts should be in the overated category. andertons a big goose but a super bowler. port has found that hes only a div 2 player.
the only 1 i half agree with there is salta.
im surprised you havent put the donut king in as the best

gca_ipl;228971 said:
bit of a City flavour here ! :)
not sure if you would class the guy that lead the GCA country week sides bowling honours last season as over-rated. Sure he could possibly be better than what he was if he was fully fit but over-rated, no.
Lindsay is interesting as he has not played much GCA cricket. Will be interesting to see how he goes after a full year back in the comp. At the end of the year might need to see how this post stacks up.

doesnt anderton hold a gca record against city??? with the bat, shows what sharkbite knows.

gca_ipl;228971 said:
not sure if you would class the guy that lead the GCA country week sides bowling honours last season as over-rated. Sure he could possibly be better than what he was if he was fully fit but over-rated, no.
Lindsay is interesting as he has not played much GCA cricket. Will be interesting to see how he goes after a full year back in the comp. At the end of the year might need to see how this post stacks up.

i think that at the end of the year we will find that scotty lindsay will be in the top 2 or 3 run makers.
and the donut king will be in the top 10

Good luck to west in bpca this season gonna miss playing them seems the only mob i could make runs against even then wasnt many! Anyone got news about div3 haven't heard much anywhere

Babies Arm;228984 said:
i agree, scott lindsay is a fine player. best no. make the best gca team no. sorry sharkbite, may aswell call you an elliott the way your talkin

Oh F-CK no, not a another friggin Elliott!!!!!!!
I would like to know if Sharkbite has ever actually played 1sts cricket!
Not talking much sense! Even City players I have been chatting to think he is a goose.

most underated - chris criuckshank
most overated - brett anderton
best - brad Haunistien or how ever u spell it

and you cant say scott lindsay would be the best in the GCA div 1 cause he hasnt played a game:p

Babies Arm;228981 said:
harper for sure. 1000 times better than travis "LBW" agg.

agg has had a better ave over the past few years.hardly lets any runs by and can bat as well. think its very close

bangladesh_8;229076 said:
most underated - chris criuckshank
most overated - brett anderton
best - brad Haunistien or how ever u spell it

and you cant say scott lindsay would be the best in the GCA div 1 cause he hasnt played a game:p

dont put any pressure on the young kid Criukshank, I still think he has a bit to get used to playing 1st XI cricket. And I don't think Brett Anderton is overrated, it would be interesting what facts actually lead you to that assumption ? I believe he actually won a number of games for South Barwon over the last few years and even a few of his bat.

fineleg2fineleg;228992 said:
Oh F-CK no, not a another friggin Elliott!!!!!!!
I would like to know if Sharkbite has ever actually played 1sts cricket!
Not talking much sense! Even City players I have been chatting to think he is a goose.

think you will find ive played alot more 1st cricket than you. you prob fielded fineleg2fineleg in the 4th mate

gca_ipl;229085 said:
dont put any pressure on the young kid Criukshank, I still think he has a bit to get used to playing 1st XI cricket. And I don't think Brett Anderton is overrated, it would be interesting what facts actually lead you to that assumption ? I believe he actually won a number of games for South Barwon over the last few years and even a few of his bat.

Ando probably should have won the GF for Sth Barwon of his own bat if it wasn't for a shit LBW decision. The echo of his nick is still flying around Winters Reserve.

shark bite;228960 said:
who would you prefer in your team in there hey day
harper or agg

Harper just for his pace!!! Nothing beats a quality bolwer bowling express.
Agg would be the smartest bowler going around. Was always thinking many balls a head of the next one he was about to bowl. Very skillful. But as Babies Arm has noted, he did get a bit of help from umpires!!!

fineleg2fineleg;229086 said:
Ando probably should have won the GF for Sth Barwon of his own bat if it wasn't for a shit LBW decision. The echo of his nick is still flying around Winters Reserve.

Oh jeez, listen to yourself will ya!

*Mr Cricket*;228961 said:
I'd prefer harper because of this shere pace and bounce. one of the quickest ever.

What, you mean up there with Marshall, Brett Lee, Shoaib, Lindwall, Trueman etc???

shark bite;228996 said:
think you will find ive played alot more 1st cricket than you. you prob fielded fineleg2fineleg in the 4th mate

Yeh good luck with that champ, but I doubt it!!! I haven't played 4ths cricket in over 20 years!
Lets hope your not a City fella as I know most of them pretty bloody well. None of them carry on about as much rubbish as you do and as I said, they aren't to happy that you are carrying on the way you do about City! But, they are your thoughts and that is what the forum is for.

fineleg2fineleg;228997 said:
Harper just for his pace!!! Nothing beats a quality bolwer bowling express.
Agg would be the smartest bowler going around. Was always thinking many balls a head of the next one he was about to bowl. Very skillful. But as Babies Arm has noted, he did get a bit of help from umpires!!!

il 2nd that. got me lbw with a delivery that pitched a foot outside leg at richmond cresent a few years back that was laughable. also got me on a very questionable lbw when he was young. i know we all get roughies but he does seem to be on the right end of some very dodgy ones

is a very smart bowler though.fires them in straight then throws in the big inny

shark bite;228996 said:

well that rules out on elliott. worst cricketers to play in the comp.
u must be cranny. his the real donut king

fineleg2fineleg;229089 said:
I can't Joe, I can't hear myself over the echo of the nick from Ando in the GF!!!!

Good. Very unexpected, but nonetheless, good.

fineleg2fineleg;229001 said:
Yeh good luck with that champ, but I doubt it!!! I haven't played 4ths cricket in over 20 years!
Lets hope your not a City fella as I know most of them pretty bloody well. None of them carry on about as much rubbish as you do and as I said, they aren't to happy that you are carrying on the way you do about City! But, they are your thoughts and that is what the forum is for.

who do you play for then fineleg

quickest under 21? Jason Grozanovski however you spell it. (mergie)
gun batsman under 21? Rhys Burke (west) Becker nyguen (East)
best wicketkeeper? Matthew Ride (bph)
best fieldsman?? Sam Hughes (pold) Farnswoth (Newcomb)

any thoughts?

Smokin Joe;229000 said:
What, you mean up there with Marshall, Brett Lee, Shoaib, Lindwall, Trueman etc???

No mate ,i would have thought it was obvious that i was talking about the GCA

dads army;229093 said:

any thoughts?

underrated: rhys zanoni
overrated: kent agg
best: brad haurnestein hands down, class above!

shark bite;228996 said:

doesnt really matter what grade you play i have played lower grades the past few years to play with with people i enjoying having a hit with, its always good to play against city though and get the averages man out!!! shark bite i think you will know who im talking about!!!

TheManInTheTree;229015 said:
doesnt really matter what grade you play i have played lower grades the past few years to play with with people i enjoying having a hit with, its always good to play against city though and get the averages man out!!! shark bite i think you will know who im talking about!!!

"Pads Elliot", worst batsmen ive ever had to field against. bored me to tears!!!

shark bite;228993 said:
agg has had a better ave over the past few years.hardly lets any runs by and can bat as well. think its very close

what a shame he's left them. city in trouble this year lindsay would have to make 1/2 the team runs every week just to compete with the rest of the comp.
kent agg and jarvis opening the batting pretty potent pair, premiers 4sure:rolleyes:

dads army;229093 said:

any thoughts?

Just for the record, Rhys Burke is actually from St Peters. He was playing turf when just 13 and batting at no.3 in the 1sts at 15. He went to West when St Peters had a year when they didn't field an u/17 side and even then it was for only half a season as he was down at Geelong at the same time. Goes alright at footy also. Second year u/18 but played the whole season for GWSP seniors.

Should Nyugen be at Geelong?

fineleg2fineleg;229086 said:

As well as the echo of the rest of his team mates frustration, that he did not manage to get a finger on a ball hit straight to him at deep mid on, which would have dismissed Grovey for under 100.

gca_ipl;228971 said:

doesnt anderton hold a gca record against city??? with the bat, shows what sharkbite knows.

right arm medium;229120 said:
As well as the echo of the rest of his team mates frustration, that he did not manage to get a finger on a ball hit straight to him at deep mid on, which would have dismissed Grovey for under 100.

This is true!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back