Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Smokin Joe;229481 said:
More worrying is when other clubs poach junior players. This should never happen. Providing the club is providing a healthy environment for junior players to develop, adequate facilities, and cricket good enough to test them, juniors should play at a club, until either their talent outgrows the cluba dn they need to move on, or they become of an age whereby they can make the decision to move themselves.

There are rules to protect against this where juniors have to play I think 20 senior games at the club they played juniors at. I am not sure if it goes any deeper, or if it is only once they have played a senior game, but definitely see the point.
We had a lad playing juniors at our club and seniors somewhere else for money. (although only a little) I am not really sure how this happened, but it seems to be very wrong to me.

Les Leslieson;229621 said:
We got divorced recently mate, so how about u put a cork in it.
So what if she hits a ball better than me, seen the shoulders on her lately? Im a bowler anyway

classic. got balls this lad.

Les Leslieson;229388 said:
But im not here to talk tough with a guy who probably wears a skirt.

When is the break getting its own team? Im hearing names like Smiljanic, Ando, Babbs being loyal to one club and one alone- it seems to be the breakwater!!
The juniors and finance dept could be an issue for the future, but if the gave a pot per run/wicket im sure they would have a solid and loyal team for the next 3 years or so!

so a group of mates drink at the breakwater smelly, ando, babbsy?? who cares i could name another 10 or so cricketers that drink at the break. its just like saying that grovedale crickets drink at the grovie or waurn ponds c.c drink at the ponds and so on.......

so what is your point exactly???

*Mr Cricket*;229470 said:
Your junior coaches are very good, however its a pitty Chris Hester hasnt learnt to respect others i.e last years u 17 grand final when he was mouthing off and the umpire tried to pull him into line.

have to agree ever since he started playing at ndcc in the 1s he definitely got an attitude, its a shame he is a good kid, just goes to show when you are around people with that attitude it catches on.

Good work Jock, no critism to a a club who are trying to open up the game to a new standard, and also provide an chances for their juniors to remain at the club and play turf cricket...Good Luck

Smokin Joe;229481 said:
I don't think any club should worry about junior players going to Geelong or any other VCA club, in order to play higher standard and better themselves. The pyramid system in Australia is highly successful and requires ALL clubs to provide junior players who are good enough, and willing to travel up through the pyramid to the ultimate goal.

More worrying is when other clubs poach junior players. This should never happen. Providing the club is providing a healthy environment for junior players to develop, adequate facilities, and cricket good enough to test them, juniors should play at a club, until either their talent outgrows the cluba dn they need to move on, or they become of an age whereby they can make the decision to move themselves.

You are always going to have a situation where money talks unfortunately.

im all for kids improving themselves 100% but like you said if a kid wants to better himself clubs have no drama's having them at geelong.
but when a club with a ordinary junior structure wants to interview your 15, 16 or 17 year old kids behind a clubs back and blow wind up them and promise them the world, alot of the time the kid will feel good and want to go there.
i guess it comes down to morals and im starting to think this club im speaking of might not have any.

Smokin Joe;229467 said:
Actually, it was first on the 12th Man, when Max Walker streaks to get his job back. "No wonder they call him tangles, it's like a baby's arm holding an apple".

thats correct!!!

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;229562 said:
im all for kids improving themselves 100% but like you said if a kid wants to better himself clubs have no drama's having them at geelong.
but when a club with a ordinary junior structure wants to interview your 15, 16 or 17 year old kids behind a clubs back and blow wind up them and promise them the world, alot of the time the kid will feel good and want to go there.
i guess it comes down to morals and im starting to think this club im speaking of might not have any.

i think something should be done to prevent this happening, maybe take it out of the players and clubs hands and say you must give the club you played all juniors through at least 1 full season, with a block on all clearances till this has happend.
i do know however that in some cases the kid may be left with no choice but to move club eg. if he's family move house or similar cases.
i don't think junior players should have the option to move berween clubs to play a higher level (except for vca) when they wouldn't of dominated the league there in.

i feel for st albans with the loss off ryan mills and chris hester who both had an impact at ndcc last season and should have given st albans a bit back for the time they put into them both.
you would hope you could regain them when the turf wicket goes in, and ndcc should have no option but to clear them.

ndcc need to learn a lessen for paying all that money out a couple of years ago and not be given a chop out by local juniors around the area to save the day for them because they chose to chase glory and negleted there own junior program.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;229562 said:

But if you have the right junior structure in place, where the develop a relationship/friendship with the senior players, the coach, and the top players, they are less likely to leave.

Your club has to have the right people coaching the kids, especially at u/17 level. I would be disappointed to lose our u17's to other clubs because of these relationships that have been developed and the opportunities we have given them, before similar talents of older ages.

SuperStar08;229733 said:
I think Ando might just get the swan across the line this year for the gf

you havent got much of a choice for mates pal if ya sticking up for 2 of the biggest cork screws in gdfl. both are brain dead mate and totallyuseless. all they try and do is knock your head off

shark bite;229743 said:
you havent got much of a choice for mates pal if ya sticking up for 2 of the biggest cork screws in gdfl. both are brain dead mate and totallyuseless. all they try and do is knock your head off

You so tuff harding behind a computer aren't you why don't you say who you are? and then see how tuff you are then.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;229555 said:
so a group of mates drink at the breakwater smelly, ando, babbsy?? who cares i could name another 10 or so cricketers that drink at the break. its just like saying that grovedale crickets drink at the grovie or waurn ponds c.c drink at the ponds and so on.......

so what is your point exactly???

Bit touchy for u is it mate? Obviously u can be added to that list!!

SuperStar08;229746 said:
You so tuff harding behind a computer aren't you why don't you say who you are? and then see how tuff you are then.

Dictionary?

Babies Arm;229416 said:
if your going to just jump on and not read everything, have your 2 bobs worth. this place is not for you.
as for being a sheepdog who wears a skirt. maybe i am, who cares.
your mum doesnt.

Brilliant call creep.
I have read every page of this, thats why i said what i said. U write absolute trash and shoulda been a stain on the carpet.

Interesting forum this......just gearing us up for the season ahead with all the sledging going on. Not sure who the best is but there some absolute tosser's writing stuff here. Heard a whisper that Harper won't play ones while Barry is the coach???? Anyone else heard this?:confused:

Knowing Harps, i don't think it would bother him how much a tool is the captain.

SuperStar08;229746 said:

I meant Hiding behind a computer mate so yeah so are you going to say who you are Shark bite or not?

fineleg2fineleg;229607 said:
I know your mrs! Lisa Leslieson. Mind you, I reckon she could probably hit a ball better than you do!

So what if she hits a ball better than me, seen the shoulders on her lately? Im a bowler anyway

shark bite;229743 said:

ouch, obviously been touched up by one of them. your dark shark bite, take your problems and sookin somewhere else.

Second XI At Best;229599 said:
Bit touchy for u is it mate? Obviously u can be added to that list!!

just like having a beer with me mates thats all, didn't know that was a crime.
hardly worth noting on this forum i would of thought.

SuperStar08;229780 said:
I meant Hiding behind a computer mate so yeah so are you going to say who you are Shark bite or not?

you getting a game today superstar08 or cutting oranges again. long walk home from galvin park for you tonight

any wonder with the rubbish that you talk, u've made 5 post and everyones over you already!!!

Babies Arm;229781 said:
ouch, obviously been touched up by one of them. your dark shark bite, take your problems and sookin somewhere else.
calm down brett, we've seen the div 1 'dream team', any thoughts on a div 2

I am sorry to hear that Leslie. Who has got Lenny and Leanne your little kids?

shark bite;229743 said:

so lets get in straight the only ppl you like r trav and kent agg, scott lindsay and nick jarvis the rest of us r just dickheads?? now thats sorted you may as well shoot off and stop wasting everyones time, oxygen theif!!

Also, Joeys have picked up a Pommie all rounder who played with Morgo last season in the UK. He has played county cricket. They say he bowls well above 80 miles and hits a very long ball.
Newtowns pom is a left handed batsman.

Yeah lets get rid of Sharkbite...i reckon its that kid who plays 2s at City. I think his name is Jared Bosely with the red hair?????

Can someone confirm how many 1 dayers there will be this year?

classic. got balls this lad.

freddie1;229798 said:
Yeah lets get rid of Sharkbite...i reckon its that kid who plays 2s at City. I think his name is Jared Bosely with the red hair?????

Can someone confirm how many 1 dayers there will be this year?

yep he's gotta go!

i hear brendan hall is meeting with ndcc over the weekend to confirm if he will coach. he wont be playing though due to golf i hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back