Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

MON- Here's the next stage of the turf wicket going in at St As

TUE- 110 TONNE of cruched rock also went in this arvo and agi pipes laid, i'll post photo's when they come to hand! mud goes in tommorrow

Turf%20Installation%20Day%202.JPG

Babies Arm;266071 said:
i think we will, havent really been able to get to training with footy just finishing. dont think we will be full strength though, campbell, moore will be in and maybe linke, his training well, dunno who will be out. most blokes will wanna make up for 07/08.

DEATH WISH01;266116 said:
David Boyd???

what does that mean? he leavin? :eek: sh!t all happenin at the swans

Second XI At Best;266075 said:
Heard Campbell went alright in your practise match, but Moore was a no show??
Start training big fella, you need it.:rolleyes:

Campbell looked pretty sharp. Hard to really get a good gauge on the bowlers as was on hard wicket tho, they all bowled a fair bit of trash. They all whinged about how hard it is to play on hard wicket decks :D pack of whinging spoilt little boys! :D

Moore indeed was a no show, am convinced he doesn't actually exist.

beckodelay;266131 said:

nah, don't worry about Boyd, he is going no where just having a spell from the game for a while. The big fella (Babies Arm) forgot to mention Babbsy will be an inclusion in first round and he is keen for a big year. Moorey has had some bad health issues since getting phemonia over in the UK and has not been able to string anything together at the moment, so you would think he would be doing his time in some lower grades to get himself into some game time. The Butcher should know how the bowling was in the hard wicket game as he had a birds eye view, but come Round 1 when Babies Arm is leading the attack on grass I think it will be a bit more threatening !!

Babies Arm;266071 said:
i think we will, havent really been able to get to training with footy just finishing. dont think we will be full strength though, campbell, moore will be in and maybe linke, his training well, dunno who will be out. most blokes will wanna make up for 07/08.

David Boyd???

gca_ipl;266140 said:
nah, don't worry about Boyd, he is going no where just having a spell from the game for a while. The big fella (Babies Arm) forgot to mention Babbsy will be an inclusion in first round and he is keen for a big year. Moorey has had some bad health issues since getting phemonia over in the UK and has not been able to string anything together at the moment, so you would think he would be doing his time in some lower grades to get himself into some game time. The Butcher should know how the bowling was in the hard wicket game as he had a birds eye view, but come Round 1 when Babies Arm is leading the attack on grass I think it will be a bit more threatening !!

indeed. B Hauenstein, what a joke that bloke is! Even the trigger-fingered Pakistani umpire didn't give his LBW appeals out! :D

TUE- 110 TONNE of cruched rock also went in this arvo and agi pipes laid, i'll post photo's when they come to hand! mud goes in tommorrow

other than the obvious like fergy and maybe zane carrol, who are some gun players coming in from slca to keep an eye on? sharp bowlers, gun bats, good sledgers haha etc

Badger;266194 said:
other than the obvious like fergy and maybe zane carrol, who are some gun players coming in from slca to keep an eye on? sharp bowlers, gun bats, good sledgers haha etc
A.WOODS , R EDWARDS are two of the better bowlers going round as well as CAULFEILD (DOES NOTHING BUT SLEDGE, TEAM MATES AND ALL!) B.DONALDSON, HABERFEILD AND EDWARDS AGAIN IF HE PULLS HIS FINGER OUT! are a few of the batsmen to watch. Lethbridge, Teesdale, Modda and Anakie are all fair sledges.

Babies Arm;266071 said:

DEATH WISH01;266116 said:
David Boyd???

whatdoumeanwashe;266209 said:
A.WOODS , R EDWARDS are two of the better bowlers going round as well as CAULFEILD (DOES NOTHING BUT SLEDGE, TEAM MATES AND ALL!) B.DONALDSON, HABERFEILD AND EDWARDS AGAIN IF HE PULLS HIS FINGER OUT! are a few of the batsmen to watch. Lethbridge, Teesdale, Modda and Anakie are all fair sledges.

so who are the teams to look for then? i'm expecting modda to be pretty strong, and little river are always in for a contest. i mean, they beat us at our home ground on turf last year haha.
but are any of the other teams any good? i know a bloke from shelford/merideth who reckons they'll struggle to field 11 blokes every week, let alone win a game

beckodelay;266131 said:

You'll find the top 4 or 5 sides from last year (modda,teesd,lethy,invel and winch) will all be competitive. I've seen and played enough gca cricket to know it aint as good as everybody thinks. Half of the div 2 clubs are very average and i personally think the old slca clubs mentioned would beat them. Thats just my veiw;)

gca_ipl;266140 said:

indeed. B Hauenstein, what a joke that bloke is! Even the trigger-fingered Pakistani umpire didn't give his LBW appeals out! :D

whatdoumeanwashe;266216 said:
You'll find the top 4 or 5 sides from last year (modda,teesd,lethy,invel and winch) will all be competitive. I've seen and played enough gca cricket to know it aint as good as everybody thinks. Half of the div 2 clubs are very average and i personally think the old slca clubs mentioned would beat them. Thats just my veiw;)

i honestly have no idea about the clubs from slca. people say they'er all terrible, yet there seems to be some decent players down there. how would you honestly think we (guild) would go against these clubs? like, we went good last year but we had our hiccups along the way too.. i'm realistic. i don't thnink we're gonna "smash every club and not lose a game" like people have been saying. we lost games last year, we'll probably lose games this year

You'll prob be close to the top again this year along with the clubs i mentioned with maybe Anakie (depending on who they pick up) and i keep hearing Little River have picked up a couple from Melb way so theres maybe your top 7 clubs ,i'm told Corio Bay aren't much chop ,Meridith will struggle and Bannockburn will be in the middle somewhere.

Badger;266194 said:

Who would be the most hated cricket player in all 3 leagues.

Division 1
Without a doubt Tsaitas, just a typical ************

Division 2
Gaylard from St.Peters. sooks and carrys on too much

Division 3
Spengler i think it is from blue west, the things he does shits me
also Terry Shelly cause he tries to fight everybody on the field.

please add more im sure there will be alot of humourous ones

whatdoumeanwashe;266209 said:

so who are the teams to look for then? i'm expecting modda to be pretty strong, and little river are always in for a contest. i mean, they beat us at our home ground on turf last year haha.
but are any of the other teams any good? i know a bloke from shelford/merideth who reckons they'll struggle to field 11 blokes every week, let alone win a game

dads army;266234 said:

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

div 1; no idea, but everyone seems to hate tsitas

div 2; port from waurn ponds. he needs a good fkn smack in the head

div 3; ben whitehill from corio bay. he's a tosser and needs a better smack in the head

gca_ipl;266140 said:

Geez you blokes are organised amd craking early with a pracci match,
i reckon going from turf to hard wicket is harder than vice versa.
I saw Moorie at Maccas Sunday. the bloke looked like he has just seen a ghost and looks anarexic

whatdoumeanwashe;266216 said:

i honestly have no idea about the clubs from slca. people say they'er all terrible, yet there seems to be some decent players down there. how would you honestly think we (guild) would go against these clubs? like, we went good last year but we had our hiccups along the way too.. i'm realistic. i don't thnink we're gonna "smash every club and not lose a game" like people have been saying. we lost games last year, we'll probably lose games this year

You'll prob be close to the top again this year along with the clubs i mentioned with maybe Anakie (depending on who they pick up) and i keep hearing Little River have picked up a couple from Melb way so theres maybe your top 7 clubs ,i'm told Corio Bay aren't much chop ,Meridith will struggle and Bannockburn will be in the middle somewhere.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;266124 said:

Theres 11 Seconds ill never get back!!
J.A- Is it just me or could no-one else care any less about seeing stalbans new turf!!

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

Second XI At Best;266287 said:
Theres 11 Seconds ill never get back!!
J.A- Is it just me or could no-one else care any less about seeing stalbans new turf!!

Ahh so we'll just stick with the dribble that goes on with you and your 5 user names you got??? and all the other crap on here.
Pull your head in J.S:mad:

dads army;266234 said:

Division 1

Division 2

Division 3

div 1; no idea, but everyone seems to hate tsitas

div 2; port from waurn ponds. he needs a good fkn smack in the head

div 3; ben whitehill from corio bay. he's a tosser and needs a better smack in the head

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;266299 said:
Ahh so we'll just stick with the dribble that goes on with you and your 5 user names you got??? and all the other crap on here.

What the f?? Now ur just making sh!t up!!

gca_ipl;266140 said:

Geez you blokes are organised amd craking early with a pracci match,
i reckon going from turf to hard wicket is harder than vice versa.
I saw Moorie at Maccas Sunday. the bloke looked like he has just seen a ghost and looks anarexic

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;266299 said:

Seriously though BourneOrWarne maybe post a link to the clubs website with the photos or something.
There is quite a few grounds going through centre square, practice nets or outfield maintenance so we probably dont need to see a day-to-day progress no matter how promising it looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back