Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Geelong Cricket '08/'09(gca/bpca)

harps is the quintessential team man and nice guy. i have no doubt he doesnt agree with bazzas type, but he would respect the club that he loves and the decision they made to appoint the litte garden gnome with the huge c*%k. but if you ask harps brother you will get an answer.

i fu*&^!ng told ya that deweys an a hole, he is also a cheat without a word of a lie. we needed twelve off two overs against him a few years ago and he fielded a ball on the boundary that evryone knew was four and he didnt signal it and umpire beleived him, should have heard hte crowd, he is a dead set MF.

ants14;271233 said:
id say he will probably slot into number 7. after me or lachy. he batted well in the 2s last week apparently so hes got the chance cos shanes out but im not sure its a bit of a step up. hes a confident young kid, so i dont think he'll be overwhelmed. hav 2 see wat happens

He played us in 2's last week. I dropped him on 0, then he got dropped another couple of times early- but made 43 or something. Looked ok by the end of it! Think for memory he came on and got the cheapest wicket or 2 of all time with the pill too!! Doubt hell be getting a trundle in the 1's though!!

crktluva;270279 said:
harps is the quintessential team man and nice guy. i have no doubt he doesnt agree with bazzas type, but he would respect the club that he loves and the decision they made to appoint the litte garden gnome with the huge c*%k. but if you ask harps brother you will get an answer.

& there is the answa ^^

wrong 'un;271264 said:
I found this on Tom New looks a more than handy cricketer Latest News

Interesting. You'd think a bloke who's been playing for Leicstershire with aspirations of playing for England will dominate this league...
However if he's THAT good- he probably wouldnt be playing at this level would he?
Although we've probably had a few big fish in the past!! Good ol' Chris Lewis etc..

Babies Arm;270276 said:
dunno bout that renny. thats made up. if its the gf out at lara 3 years ago, they finished when the runs were added up.

Played at West Oval about 6 or 7 years ago. Could have been when Swans were in Divvy 2.

Just a Quick report.. Dinos 3 -30 after 12 overs. Koliba and Mills were batting when i left. Anderton had 1 wicket C & B. will post some images later on... DK was hitting them well but only just went in as i was going.

as for the car pool beco, happy to split the cab back from the three stooges funeral (fisher,dew,bat smoker sth barwon) R.I.P. decent GCA cricket.

St Peters defeated Highton easily. Heat batted first and made 140; i think all-out. St Peters responded by doing it with about 8 overs in hand and 5 or 6 down. Steve Illingworth following up his 4 for and 40 last week to claim 2 for and 76. Close to the best player in Div 2 comp at present i would think.

Renny24;270265 said:
Sorry IPL but saw Sth Barwon 2nds win a flag a few seasons ago and David Morgan kept the game going after the winning runs were hit. Can't remember how long it was for but it wasn't the standard; 'wait 'til the end of the over'. Shed some more light SB boys.
Would have walked of the ground!

St Joeys won the toss elected to bat ona pretty good wicket whereas te outfield was very poor. scowny got both foster and fanning out just as they looked as though they were going to tear the north youngsters apart. andrew hodgson came in to bat and made a chanceless 100 and was weel supported by morgan and james fitzgerald. by the end of the innings st joeys had made 6-246 off 48 overs. scowny was the pick of the bowlers with 3-32.

North never really looked in the hunt, not scoring enough in the early overs with all good shots going straight to the fielders. this was due mainly not to the incompetence of the batsman but to the superb ground fielding of the joeys players. sam hall(39) and col millard(25) batted well enough early and brad scown(26) and alf clark(24) chipped in with cameos in the end but it wasnt enough and thus north finished on 9-179 off there 48 overs, with sammy farnsworth taking 3-37 off his 10.

votes 3 a.hodgson 2. b.scown 1. s.farnsworth

beck before u ask i went down injured in bout the 13th over. tripped in a pothole in the joeys ground, then tried bowling two balls but went off and then came in with a runner at 11.

crktluva;270284 said:
as for the car pool beco, happy to split the cab back from the three stooges funeral (fisher,dew,bat smoker sth barwon) R.I.P. decent GCA cricket.

wood ya even botha going?! :eek: haha

ok, South Barwon versus Newcomb at the Reynolds Reserve (Road) oval. The Dino's won the toss and elected to bat on the Jack Sing Wicket as named by DK !! South got three quick wickets early, one each for Hunt and Ando and a run out. DK and young Mills got a bit of a partnership going to take the score up to around 3-60 when DK tried to run one down to third man only to be caught behind, then Spud Harrison and Mills went out in quick succession to see the Dino's fall to about 6-70 at the half way make. Kelvin (KP) Ford then was joined by young Hester and these two pushed the score to at least 140 with some smart batting until Hester was bowled from "You Rang" from the Swans. The Dino's kept getting runs quickly and thanks to Kelvin's innings of around 60-70 and a quick last over cameo from the 30 year old Clinton Ford the Dino's scored 196 off their 50 overs. Would have been pretty happy with the score considering their position.

Swans started steadily until Whittingham and Breuer went out in quick succession to be 2-16, but then the experienced pair of Anthony Ford and Brad Hauenstein consolidated to take the score until 3-99 when Fordy went out trying to hit KP for 6 only to get caught on the boundary. Damian Hester joined Hornet and they kept pushing the score along towards the Dino total until Damo again went to try and make the fence only to get caught with the score around 150. Brad was joined by "You Rang" Dave Linke and with Links hitting some good "slogs" and Brad continuing on his way the Swans passed the total with 4 overs to spare and just the four down. Good run chase which was built around Brad's 80 odd not out innings, but the Dino's kept in touch for most of the innings.

3-2-1 would be 3 - Hornet, 2 - KP, 1 - A.Ford.

Babies Arm;270257 said:
got another sh*t thing that happened on the weekend!!!!:mad:

i was talking to a parent of a leopold 2nds player 2day and was told that the lions 2s were bowled out for 110, and E belmont past them in the 30th over with GRANT DEW (great bloke) was in and around 40. is it true that he kept batting on to get his ton????
if thats true, though doesnt suprise me, what a sh*t thing to do.
once a one dayer is over, its over.

WAT A LEGEND!!!!!!!!:mad:

I read the rule GCA Rule book and I'll stand corrected, but the way I read it that is different from past years, is GCA are playing one day cricket games under the one day format; therefore once a result has been achieved the game is deemed to be completed and any runs after that don't count and percentage is worked out from the completion (result) of game. Now if the above comment is correct then all he got was batting practice. The captain of the oppisition, should have walked off check the book to see if game result was completed. End of story. Dew not out 40.

thomy 1's scored a healthy win over last years premiers with smelly getting amongst them with a cracking 93. new left armer to the club in the 2nds, phil featherstone (no rele of chunky mat) also had a day out with the pill picking up a double hatrick. need to be a good player to get a hatrick, but to get the double you have to be special. ahh brings back memories

Hard Hitter;270297 said:
I read the rule GCA Rule book and I'll stand corrected, but the way I read it that is different from past years, is GCA are playing one day cricket games under the one day format; therefore once a result has been achieved the game is deemed to be completed and any runs after that don't count and percentage is worked out from the completion (result) of game. Now if the above comment is correct then all he got was batting practice. The captain of the oppisition, should have walked off check the book to see if game result was completed. End of story. Dew not out 40.

NEWS ALERT

Gca sort ya sh!t out. Clubs want 1dayers, every1 ya speak to prefers it yet ya sit on ya high horse & dnt change a thing! Just so incidents like this1 dnt arise, not splittin the atom here boys!

PATHETIC

anyone know who won between torquay and murghe today @ grovedale...
and how many did trav boak make?

Observer;271096 said:
In my opinion the downfall in press coverage of local cricket in Geelong seems to have come after sports writer Jay Clark moved to Perth. Perhaps because Jay played local cricket himself (pretty good spin bowler and could bat a bit) he was willing and able to push for a reasonable standard of coverage but to call the current coverage disgraceful would be grossly understating the situation!!::(

any chance you're in my photo mate?? you just sound like someone i know :p

gca_ipl;271122 said:
hehe, well you already have told us that Moorey is getting paid per dismissal so he should be raking in the dollars now. Also the president gets a car as part of his deal for attempting to take wickets in the 1st XI.

hehe, no chance of that...after the First Lady bingled the presidential wheels about a year ago i'm still not sure they've been fixed!!

Renny24;270265 said:
Sorry IPL but saw Sth Barwon 2nds win a flag a few seasons ago and David Morgan kept the game going after the winning runs were hit. Can't remember how long it was for but it wasn't the standard; 'wait 'til the end of the over'. Shed some more light SB boys.

Hmmm, sort of maybe remember something, I know David Morgan was a pretty fired up player so he may have done something like that in the heat of battle. Not sure it is relevant to the Swans of 08/09. Let me check out the club book to see what the scores say. I think it was around 2000 when we won our last 2nd XI premiership in Division 2, and the game you are talking about may have been the semi-final ?? Against AT ??

gca_ipl;271150 said:
Daniel Breen also plays local cricket and has done for a few years, so I don't think working at the addy and playing cricket means more exposure. They just don't think that local cricket sells papers. Only way to change their minds would be for people to stop buying the addy on a Friday and a Monday !!

did he play juniors for the swans?

Hard Hitter;270297 said:

just a loser, dewey knows where he stands with me, what he done saturday doesnt suprise me one bit. he must think he is a big hero down there playin against the kids.:mad:

Winch v Modda,
Modda won the toss and elected to bat. Openers scott(34) and hovey(19) got of to a good start hiiting winchelseas opening bowlers out of the attack.The introduction of partridge(2/17) and johnson (2/31) brought the breakthrough and with some good feild placings frustrated ferggie(33) and intised a false shot and the big wicket we were after.Carroll (5) threw his wiket away but with the help of some sloppy feilding and dropped catches modda managed to make a very handy 7/198 of 40 overs.After losing two early wickets tench(79) and doyle(48) set about resurecting the innings taking full toll of any loose bowling, both falling just before victory was in sight. Winch eventually winning by 5 wickets and fours overs to spare.
A fitting end to our 150th celebrations.

gca_ipl;270306 said:
Hmmm, sort of maybe remember something, I know David Morgan was a pretty fired up player so he may have done something like that in the heat of battle. Not sure it is relevant to the Swans of 08/09. Let me check out the club book to see what the scores say. I think it was around 2000 when we won our last 2nd XI premiership in Division 2, and the game you are talking about may have been the semi-final ?? Against AT ??

checked it was 2000/01 and in the Grand Final against AT in Div 2 at the West Oval. AT was bowled out cheaply for 93 and in reply South Barwon batted to 4/127. I suppose with the opposition being bowled out rather cheaply then you generally make sure you have snubbed out the result rather than leaving the game open. Anyway in the past and not much of a big deal :)

crktluva;270300 said:
G ayboys with
C oc_s in
A rs_s Proudly screwing cricket since 2002

strewth you have some deep hatred for the GCA, come on and tell us how you really feel ? hehe.... but it would be easy to run a league where there is not 2-3 divisions and having clubs always trying to go up divisions. ie the BPCA officials do have it easier without promotion/relegation happening each season, and even Football Geelong when they talk about promotion/relegation but it never happens between leagues. The complexity with the GCA is that clubs always want to go up divisions and the administrators are always trying to please clubs, but as has happened sometimes some clubs are affected more than others. No system is perfect and when different administrators come in for different seasons you are going to get inconsistencies.

What an effing sad waste of resources and time. Firstly as Beck said- ur way off. Secondly did ur "P.I" miss the 3 page spat between me and Beck before or was he just reading this in Braille. Only one person on here would be sad enough to log in and out 35 times to have a conversation with himself. BNicholls. and maybe Shanebourne!!
Lastly, im sorry to disappoint you but id been overseas for a few weeks...and strangely enough found better things to do with my time. What a selfish thing to do. Maybe Beck sensed it, and saw it as his chance to take over the place!

Becko, before u go writing more gay sh!t to me- Im not minding some of your more recent work, so settle down!

Wrong-un- time to upgrade the P.I budget...or find a new hobby.

wrong 'un;270128 said:
I think we can rest assure that the great beckodelay is none other than our former poster 2nd XI at best. ;) I've had my P.I onto it and it has been confirmed that there is to many similarities for this not to be the case and also that his identity was found out and 2nd XI at best hasn't been seen on here since then, around the same time the great Beckodelay come on to share his wisdom.

And I'm sure 2nd XI at best being such a hard hitting poster wouldn't of just disappeared.

Also you look at his knowledge of South Barwon and hatred for Baz Tsistas after last years GF.
I'm pretty sure the hat fits IMO.

keep up the good work becko
:cool:

ants14;271374 beck before u ask i went down injured in bout the 13th over. tripped in a pothole in the joeys ground said:
easy there young fella.
good 2 c sammy hall headin rite direction, nice lil 39 ;) antsy u gunna be rite to play this weeks match?
sum bloody good decks on the weeknd ;) sum 100's aswell.
bambury 117* baars 117 hodgson 100 stevo 98* yelland 90* hornett 83*
hard2get the beta playas out on good wickets :eek:

Second XI At Best;270316 said:
Only one person on here would be sad enough to log in and out 35 times to have a conversation with himself. BNicholls. and maybe Shanebourne!!

Your a dead set tosser.

:eek:
Second XI At Best;270316 said:
What an effing sad waste of resources and time. Firstly as Beck said- ur way off. Secondly did ur "P.I" miss the 3 page spat between me and Beck before or was he just reading this in Braille. Only one person on here would be sad enough to log in and out 35 times to have a conversation with himself. BNicholls. and maybe Shanebourne!!
Lastly, im sorry to disappoint you but id been overseas for a few weeks...and strangely enough found better things to do with my time. What a selfish thing to do. Maybe Beck sensed it, and saw it as his chance to take over the place!

Becko, before u go writing more gay sh!t to me- Im not minding some of your more recent work, so settle down!
Wrong-un- time to upgrade the P.I budget...or find a new hobby.

wen blokes like u start 2 enjoy it i start 2 worry :eek:

beckodelay;271602 said:

I think this is him
ren-or-stimpy.jpg

Thomson won the toss and decided to bat on an ok wicket at Waurn Ponds.

Early trouble as both Salts (0) and Bliss (1) fell cheaply to Mark Perry (4-47), at 2-16 Dahlhaus was joined by Smiljanic and they proceeded to steady the ship. Dahlhaus (12) was caught at slip by Skene off the bowling of Port (4-76), arguably one of the best catches i have ever seen. English import James McCoy joined Smiljanic and the two of them produced a nice little partnership of 56 with McCoy (14) spooning one to cover of the bowling of Port. Smiljanic(93) was punishing any loose bowling and hit some cracking shots through/over cover, he ended up 7 short of what would have been a well deserved century. Strods (13), O'Neill (20), Plant (12) and Riches (18*) chipped in the final overs to push the score to 9/223 from 50 overs. For the second consecutive week, Sundries (26) was Thomson's 2nd top scorer.

Bosworth (1-36), returned after missing the first week sunning himself in Bali, opened the bowling with Riches (3-15) and both bowled tidy without making any early inroads. Good ground fielding from the tigers restricted Waurn Ponds throughout their innings with O'Neill running out opener Barot (15). Ponds keeper Johnson (1) was well caught by Plant at square leg off Bosworths bowling. Petterwood (0-10) dropped the danger man Skene (40) at cover off the bowling off Smiljanic (2-25), probably the easiest catch not taken ever, but then with Skene and the non-striker both at the same end he ran him out. Port(33*) batted for the majority of the innings with some tight bowling and good ground fielding restricting runs, only Newton (10) was able to make it into double figures. Saltalamacchia (2-19) and Dahlhaus (0-8) did the donkey work in the middle overs keeping it tight. Riches returned and cleaned up the tail, a nice reward for some good bowling at the start of Waurn Pond's runchase. Eventually Thomson got the 10 required wickets with the score on 116 in the 48th over.

Votes: 3 Smiljanic 2 Skene 1 Riches

NOTE: Ponds still has the best afternoon tea in Geelong, chicken nuggets turned into mini-chicken Parmi's... Brilliant! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back